ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that individual/s that might be in the cluster of people perhaps being monitored have ties or connections to perhaps a professional cleaning business?
I have theorized that before. If the property manager used a cleaning service for that residence, someone on that crew could have learned the layout of the house, would know how to clean up behind themselves, and would have access to PPE to avoid leaving biological forensic evidence behind. He might even have the door keycode.

I feel like I know what happened to Suzanne, or at least who did it. It leaves me so helpless and angry. Especially being deserted, imo, by her immediate family. But with JBR I feel about 90% confident about what happened, but it leaves me sad.

On another topic, you often talk about DNA, I was reviewing that Robert C Hansen murder case where he left so many girls dead in the woods after he hunted them. Some were never identified. But I just found out that last year one of the victims was identified, 37 years later. I think they matched it to one of those trace your dna programs, then a family member helped out with the final, exact match.

That's so cool. I'm an amateur genealogist, which comes from loving the study of DNA so much. I never thought we'd get as far as we have with DNA - it was helped along by this one lone graduate student to found a very cheap and quick method for isolating DNA out of a cell (can't remember his name). Of course, lots of other individuals made specific, completely unexpected breakthroughs.

It'll get better within our lifetimes. I think almost everyone would have fun looking at their mtDNA heritage, if they knew it.

I feel more optimistic about this case than Suzanne's, but then, I felt optimistic at the beginning of that one too. SO many people missing in the United States - and no resources to go find them or identify them properly.

I'm curious because I know of historical memorials and also more current ones. The most recent one is a memorial pocket park. Far removed from the place where the officer (who the park is named for) perished. How do you think the owner should be compensated? And at fair market value? JMHO
I think you have a great idea about a park etc for a memorial.
Some thoughts on what to do with the house. (my opinion)

The stigma of the present house is going to be a blight on the neighborhood. The scheduled cleanup is necessary no matter what is intended for the house. How can the victims be memorialized in a way that is consistent with removing the “blight” aspect of the present house and yet properly recognizing those that lost their lives in such a senseless act?

The house must be razed to forever remove it as a horrible reminder of the murders. Another structure can be built on that location that has no resemblance to the present house as it is located on prime property close to the University.

A fitting memorial to the victims might be built on campus or possibly another prominent portion of Moscow. The funds to accomplish the memorial and the house demolition (value of the house) could be easily raised by locals, the University and others.

This tragedy is a scar on Moscow and the University and not just a physical scar on the neighborhood. This is not intended to minimize the impact this senseless act has had on the families, friends, University and others. It is impossible to make sense out of something that is senseless.

My 2 cents.

Article on why police don't want to give up everything they have on a crime.

Darden family murders in Illinois. Not stabbed but mother and child (mother pregnant, 2nd child born) bludgeoned, father shot. Serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells confessed, family not sure. Read story beyond quote because he may give evidence he did it.

But that was just the beginning for Sells. He claimed he killed up to 70 people throughout the country. He said his nickname was “Coast to Coast.” And authorities found up to two dozen of his claims to be accurate, although he was known to embellish his accounts. He was indeed a serial killer, but later admitted to fabricating some of his stories. But soon, agencies from every state wanted to know if Sells had ever visited their fine towns, in hopes of clearing cold cases from the books.

Had he ever been to Illinois? Sure. Did he know anything about the Ina murders, and the Dardeen family?

Then Tommy Lynn Sells started singing, with a tale of meeting Keith at a truck stop, then changing the story to a pool hall, claiming Keith invited him to his house for dinner and a sexual rendezvous with both Dardeens. When police pressed for details never made public about the murders, Sells answered incorrectly. Then he blurted out the correct responses.

Police felt he had the answers to all the details that had already been made public, but was guessing at the ones that hadn’t been. Sells offered to go to Ina, and walk police through the crime scene. But he was already on death row in Texas, and state laws forbid those prisoners from being removed.

However, he was never charged since prison authorities there would not let him leave the state to assist police in Southern Illinois with their investigation, and they as well as the Dardeen family have doubts about his account of the killings. The case is otherwise cold.
Absolutely. Seems like a regular occurrence that once a "notoriety seeking killer" knows that they're in prison for life with no possibility of parole, they will give up a lot of information which may be the truth or may be publicly released details.

I feel like it's common for LE to withhold a couple of key details that only a killer would know. But is it just me or do they seem to be withholding almost everything lately? I only follow a few cases but the updates by LE seem to be what they want sleuths to exclude. They aren't actually giving new information for anyone to use...(that could potentially contaminate/hinder or solve the case. I know it goes both ways.)

Darden family murders in Illinois. Not stabbed but mother and child (mother pregnant, 2nd child born) bludgeoned, father shot. Serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells confessed, family not sure. Read story beyond quote because he may give evidence he did it.

But that was just the beginning for Sells. He claimed he killed up to 70 people throughout the country. He said his nickname was “Coast to Coast.” And authorities found up to two dozen of his claims to be accurate, although he was known to embellish his accounts. He was indeed a serial killer, but later admitted to fabricating some of his stories. But soon, agencies from every state wanted to know if Sells had ever visited their fine towns, in hopes of clearing cold cases from the books.

Had he ever been to Illinois? Sure. Did he know anything about the Ina murders, and the Dardeen family?

Then Tommy Lynn Sells started singing, with a tale of meeting Keith at a truck stop, then changing the story to a pool hall, claiming Keith invited him to his house for dinner and a sexual rendezvous with both Dardeens. When police pressed for details never made public about the murders, Sells answered incorrectly. Then he blurted out the correct responses.

Police felt he had the answers to all the details that had already been made public, but was guessing at the ones that hadn’t been. Sells offered to go to Ina, and walk police through the crime scene. But he was already on death row in Texas, and state laws forbid those prisoners from being removed.

However, he was never charged since prison authorities there would not let him leave the state to assist police in Southern Illinois with their investigation, and they as well as the Dardeen family have doubts about his account of the killings. The case is otherwise cold.
Villisca Axe murders.

I'm assuming the animation is based very closely of how the house is laid out.

If the killer is stealth like coming through the sliding door on the middle floor, and assumingly not in the house for very long committing the crime, IMO he must have known the 'kinda abstract' house layout and had been there before.

Also when he went into action I wonder if the house was completely dark, therefore possibly needing a pen/key chain light. Probably didn't use his cell phone light for risking the location pinging evidence.

Imo if he's flying around that house in fit of rage in a short time, or methodically and quietly sneaking about, he knows the layout of the house.

MOO
cannot stab people while holding a flashlight; headlamp is so high up, it risks waking them up IMO. this was discussed earlier- were the fairy lights, etc., enough ambient light? someone looked up the moon phase and said there would have been a fair amount of moon light 11/13.

I think in this particular case the owner will probably try to rent it out again eventually, especially due to its proximity to the campus and the fact it was probably purchased specifically for renting to students. What may be less predictable is the student body reaction. I could see the current crop of students being way too freaked out, but maybe not so much for newer students. Even the Watts family home finally recently sold.
I suspect so too. The Tate/Polanski residence was sold several times before it was eventually demolished and built over. The LaBianca house is still occupied. The Clutter farm and house have been sold several times and is currently occupied, as has the Amityville house. And there is someone living in JonBenet Ramsey's house too.

People are strange. o_O

Right, I should re-word that to SG SAYING that the coroner said that, not that he related what the coroner said.

To piggy back off our exchange, I should mention that I was posting that K's last phone calls said X as if that was official. It's not.

K left phone messages on JD's phone. K's phone doesn't have a copy of them unless not phone messages, but instead an app. Not texts, apparently, phone calls, phone messages. These would not be preserved on K's phone or by her carrier (carrier's do not record what we say when the phone picks up - only that we've called),

SO, JD has the phone in question. And K's sister is the one who told everyone what those messages said. We have not heard them; the transcription is not from LE, it's from...K's sister hearing the messages? If LE asked JD to listen to his VM, that's great - but I seriously am doubting that LE then told K's sister ver batim what was said and I doubt even more that LE would have handed her the phone OR sent her a copy of what it said. I think Mrs G has also mentioned what the messages said.

It's likely that JD played the messages for the family at some point in time, but I doubt that they actually wrote them down, and are paraphrasing (they do not list all 10 of the joint messages). I'd like to know the tone of the messages and what the messages actually said and I'm sorry I typed things here on WS as if those were verified by LE (I try to mention when it's SG or Mrs G - and now, AG, the sister, because grieving people have their own take on things).

In regards to the house, there is no reason why it cannot be torn down... IMO it should be. Most serial killer houses or houses where multiple murders have occurred are actually torn down, often to prevent those places from becoming some sort of weird shrine or tourist attraction. I can't imagine anyone wanting to keep that house as is, not the owner, and for sure not the neighbors. It would only become a morbid tourist attraction.

I think the doggo is still pretty young and has been so socialized with so many people in and out of the house, people always petting and playing with him that I would bet any stranger could go in there and the pup would prob just welcome them... When the violence began I bet he went and hid

Good point. It did not appear to be anything more than a playful cuddle bug. Iirc, they did find it in a room. No sign of DNA on it. Which room, which floor, idk?

Stabbing -- to some, esp those who haven't been stabbed, it sounds pretty easy. Knife in, knife out, under covers, killer barely sees blood, and in, out, in, out, in out, and at some point, done. But it's not quite like that, not like stabbing an inanimate stuffed object.

For one thing, IME and other sources, muscles tighten around the knife or other sharp instrument, and IME, no bone was hit, thank goodness. In my case, the first thing I felt was fluid running out. And shock. I definitely felt that. And I'll put an imo and ime with that, but really, irl that's what I felt. So when I read some of the descriptions about how it was probably easy, I thought I should add a little context and experience.

For those who haven't had the experience, I guess it might be possible to approximate the effort the killer would have been undertaking by stabbing a big, raw roast with a bone in it. IDK if that would work, though, because the animal would be dead, so the muscle wouldn't tighten, and there's only going to be a little blood. And definitely there wouldn't be a look of horror in the eyes of the raw meat, like there probably was for the victims, even if only or a minute or two. No muffled screams from the dead meat, no defensive response, regardless of how faint. The victims in idaho probably experienced all that, so maybe a few steps up in difficulty from stabbing a pillow or something other than a living human or nonhuman. JMO but also IME - something to think about. There are lots of links out there, but this one is safe to share. Stabbing - Wikipedia

Also, maybe there was no blood, but lots of media reports say it was a bloody mess. IDK but IMO if SG is to believed and KG was cut badly, there might have been blood imo jmo. here's one I hadn't seen:

some info here that I hadn't seen:

I thought this was an interesting quote that aligns with my theory. IMO this is likely:

The person who murdered four University of Idaho students last month is "likely to be within a 3-hour distance" from the murder scene in Moscow, according to a former FBI Special Agent. Jonathan Gilliam told Dr Phil McGraw the implications of a quadruple murder suggest the perpetrator would be "exhausted" after committing the crime and fled close by to avoid being detected when the sun rose.

from here: Idaho murder suspect 'likely within 3-hour distance' of murder scene

oh, I think it will be solved, but only after previous cases are linked or future cases reveal. that's JMO & only IMO.

Not necessarily IMO JMO. Probably true if it's for a first-time frat boy gone wild but if it's for someone who lived for this, planned it, has some previous experience, it might just be more like a cool high. IMO JMO IDK. I can't even eat meat, but imo jmo depending on the killer's psychological bent, he might remain cool and focused or feel some sort of omnipotence or orgasmic rush. It really depends imo on who this guy is. and again jmo imo.

Ditto. I went to a good school,I had good grades, and I had a difficult major. But I still had time to date and go out a bit on W, Th, F and Sat. Sunday afternoons maybe. but definitely home on Mondays and Tuesdays. Friday afternoon was a bar similar to the Corner Club but more well-known. Friday night, I stayed home unless it was Friday before a game, then game party or event. Saturday was game day, date night or go out with girlfriends night, if we weren't dating anyone. Or if we were having some relationship drama. Sometimes a party on Saturday, if it was a fraternity or couples thing. Sunday was lunch and movie with the girl gang.

It's funny that all these years later, I still remember my college social calendar, but I bore everyone with this to make a point: as party central as the house might have been, it's pretty normal imo & ime, and it was probably much more predictable than you'd think. And from my grandfather on down, fraternities happened, and none of them would have ever lied for a brother or covered up for a killer. just not. This is, of course, IMO AND IME only.

edited to add after I saw the wow face: yes, I was stabbed, but it was an accident. turns out, that even so, it's still a stabbing, and the doctor was surprised I was so calm (shock), and I explained that it was an accident, and she said BUT YOU WERE STILL STABBED! She was right, of course, and after the shock wore off, it freaked me out, still does even now, and I can tell you it hurts, the pulling out from the muscle is creepy scary, and I think those who minimize it because covers or sleep don't really know what they're talking about, so that's why I had to speak up. imo jmo ime.
Thank you for sharing. Glad you are here.

That's so cool. I'm an amateur genealogist, which comes from loving the study of DNA so much. I never thought we'd get as far as we have with DNA - it was helped along by this one lone graduate student to found a very cheap and quick method for isolating DNA out of a cell (can't remember his name). Of course, lots of other individuals made specific, completely unexpected breakthroughs.

It'll get better within our lifetimes. I think almost everyone would have fun looking at their mtDNA heritage, if they knew it.

I feel more optimistic about this case than Suzanne's, but then, I felt optimistic at the beginning of that one too. SO many people missing in the United States - and no resources to go find them or identify them properly.
There's another one, Steven Downs, who killed fellow student Sophie in the dorm in Fairbanks in 1993. He was found via the same method, the popular dna programs. Well they found him back east, he was found guilty in Alaska, sentenced to 75 years iirc. The reason I'm mentioning it is because one element of his appeal is challenging the use of that method to find people. (Like him). Maybe there have been other challenges, IDK. There a thread here on WS about him.

Regarding what happens about the house - surely it would be appropriate in this instance for the City to purchase the property, raze the house, and create a suitable reflective park in memory of the vistims,a s previously suggested. The landlord shouldn't be expected to donate/contribute.
I certainly woudln't want to live in this house, since this was the scene of such a vile crime. Whether or not any tenants, would want to live there, I think it's important for an appropriate and dignified memorial to be created in memory of the victims at that site. In my opinion, It just seems so wrong for this house to continue to be there - so undignified, and a place which ghouls would visit. JMO
That would suit the perpetrator down to the ground imo. A memorial to his doings.

Somewhere to relive the fantasy anytime unimpeded imoo

Not a good idea. He would relish in it, in plain sight

Last edited:
I have theorized that before. If the property manager used a cleaning service for that residence, someone on that crew could have learned the layout of the house, would know how to clean up behind themselves, and would have access to PPE to avoid leaving biological forensic evidence behind. He might even have the door keycode.
And also possibly be able to return AFTER for the cleanup. Or ask questions from the family member who might be there.
All just my opinion

Interesting read!

In regards to the house, there is no reason why it cannot be torn down... IMO it should be. Most serial killer houses or houses where multiple murders have occurred are actually torn down, often to prevent those places from becoming some sort of weird shrine or tourist attraction. I can't imagine anyone wanting to keep that house as is, not the owner, and for sure not the neighbors. It would only become a morbid tourist attraction.
It costs money to tear down a house. This isn’t always a feasible thing for the owner. People will still rent it.

what's bugging me is: -

Normally a party house - no party on that night!!!

KG had moved out but KG returned that weekend to catch up with MM and show her new car

All residents and EC home by 1.56am having been out separately

Messages on phone between KG and MM to JD from 2.26 to 2.52 am

30 minutes at home before messages -
eating, maybe catching up with others?

Murders between 3.00 - 4.00

I am kind of perplexed about the CC photo release - whoever thought it was relevant to release it (whether for money or other reason) I am a bit surprised to see the people in that photo. Cannot put my finger on why? or if its relevant or not???.

If the POI was not ever planning to take out 4 people - this particular weekend he had that opportunity.

MOO
I wonder if Kaylee was living at home for a while because of her alleged stalker? Maybe something happened that creeped her out & she decided to get some distance for a while if she could study/work remotely.

I don't think we have proof that she had moved out of 1122. I've thought all along she left for a specific reason.

Perhaps her family has agreed to not publicly discuss the stalking fear?

But if I'm right, why did she return that weekend? And what were her plans are: moving her stuff out.

Open to correction on any facts I've misstated.

All JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member