ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it - the property owner is a financial victim here. We don't know how many properties they own. This could be a major financial disruption for them. If the owner is financially able to make some kind of major gesture, the victims' families would probably appreciate it. But, I do think they have every right to continue earning income from their property.
Especially when the county attorney said the residence itself may have been targeted.

C/P is long to keep LE's comments
in context:

DECEMBER 1, 2022

The latest statement from Moscow police comes after saying it was a "miscommunication" when the county prosecutor said at least one of the victims was "undoubtedly targeted" in the attack.

"Our clarification last night directly addressed comments made by Latah County Prosecutor Thompson, who said the suspect(s) specifically looked at this residence, and that one or more of the occupants were undoubtedly targeted," a police spokesperson said in a statement to CBS News, which marked the bureau's latest update amid an ongoing investigation involving multiple law enforcement agencies. "We remain consistent in our belief that this was indeed a targeted attack but have not concluded if the target was the residence or its occupants."

The police department's most recent announcement came after it appeared to backtrack on previous statements about the nature of the killings.

"Conflicting information has been released over the past 24 hours," the department said on Wednesday. Moscow police cited earlier statements from the Latah County Prosecutor's Office, suggesting that "the suspect(s) specifically looked at" the residence where all four students were stabbed to death in mid-November, "and that one or more of the occupants were undoubtedly targeted."

"We have spoken with the Latah County Prosecutor's Office and identified this was a miscommunication," police said in the news release. "Detectives do not currently know if the residence or any occupants were specifically targeted but continue to investigate."

The home where Richard Ramirez stabbed the two elderly sisters is on the hill above me.
He left so many victims, you would think all of their homes should have been razed.
Yet, it's still there, occupied, and valued at $1 million +.

What I have not read in these threads is if there has been any speculating on whether the perp ate, drank, or used the restroom while in the house? I have always been fascinated by reports of perps that pee in the shampoo bottles or take a beer. A marking territory of sorts. LE has not let any of this info out, if it has occurred.
I did see mention of the Setagaya murders, that has some of the elements I am thinking of.
My guess is that those crimes occurred in the 80's, right? No internet and no social media. Only those close in proximity would have knowledge that was the house or the location of horrendous crimes unless they were given additional details. Knowledge and facts of the crimes weren't spread so easily. That's my speculation. IMO, it still should have been razed.

Whether the perp in this case ate, drank or peed would be totally speculation based on one's personal theory of the crime. Was the perpetrator stalking/waiting/watching? Personally, I could have peed 1 minute ago but if I'm next up for a game of hide and seek, I will have to pee again almost immediately. If the perp was waiting, I'm sure they peed. JMHO.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but no one else has, so I will. It might be important. In all of KG's social media photos she seems hyper focused on her image, style, body, and looks. Nothing wrong with that. The photos and video of her from the day and night before the murder seem to indicate recent weight gain. I only bring this up because in times of great stress, I tend to pack on weight. I wonder if some stress she was feeling might have contributed to this. Leaving school early, a stalker, the break up? Please don't come after me. I mean no disrespect. I just find it interesting, and it is noticeable. MOO.
Lots of change happening in her life, including break from long-time boyfriend. Even positive changes like graduating & finding a job far away from home can be stressors. Making payments on a new car, too.

Something to consider. I wonder if there was conflict or tension with her family over the breakup with JD?

She had A LOT going on.
MOO

RAZING the HOUSE?
@sleepingmonkey
Yes, exactly. And sometimes an owner-occupier continues living there or an owner renting the house continues renting it out.

BTW, anyone think current owner who has $$$ equity in the prop (anywhere from say $100,000 to $400,000, my sci. wild azz guess) will say to self, Yep, I'll pay to have it razed, then landscaped, and donate to the city?

Not that any post explicitly said that ^, but imo others implied it in previous threads and cases. imo jmo moo

Yeah, no.
Call me a Capitalist but if it were my retirement fund sunk into that house, I’d remodel it enough to make it less recognizable in its infamy, wait it out a small while, and put it back on the rental market. We had a rental house for a minute and it almost tanked us with all the repairs between tenants, renters that didn’t pay, months between tenants . I’d either sell that house or get tenants back in it ASAP. The world’s attention will move on quickly enough.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but no one else has, so I will. It might be important. In all of KG's social media photos she seems hyper focused on her image, style, body, and looks. Nothing wrong with that. The photos and video of her from the day and night before the murder seem to indicate recent weight gain. I only bring this up because in times of great stress, I tend to pack on weight. I wonder if some stress she was feeling might have contributed to this. Leaving school early, a stalker, the break up? Please don't come after me. I mean no disrespect. I just find it interesting, and it is noticeable. MOO.
I didn't notice that. She was a beautiful girl with a great body. She was normally dressed up but that night, she was casual. Jeans and baggy clothes. Pictures she posted on SM are obviously her looking her best. Most of what we see from that night is random video footage and camera clips.

Compare anyone against their SM and I guarantee you 95% of the time, they don't look quite as good.

I just saw so many people theorizing, making it sound like it's nothing, like stabbing a bag of flour, I just had to say something.
The flip side is the implied blood spurting over walls that has occurred. That the perpetrator be covered in blood when entering the car.

The victims were at their most vulnerable point, presumably under a duvee' or blankets.

The perpetrator only need walk in, thrust the reported ka bar style knife into the victims from a distance in the soft tissue.

The perpetrator protected from blood spatter by blankets, and may have only had blood on the reported knife. Potentially not even touch the victim due to blankets.

I think the splatter has been overstated imo with bed coverings and victims laying still.

Ive had lacerations in my neck, arm, chest and leg. Blood is slow to immerse in many cases.
Thankfully, or I would have drowned in the surf. A 200 metre swim with gaping hole in my neck did nothing to pump the blood out. I drove home, then to the ER as mum couldnt drive me there. No blood spurting.

The perpetrator may not have seen the injuries under the blanket imoo

In my opinion, we need to be wary of overstating the immediate results when they were asleep in bed imo

"The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times."

Last edited:
Has anyone thought that maybe the killer didn’t know the layout and just assumed like anyone else that the bedrooms are upstairs (after entering from the back)? Then had a run in on the middle floor on the way out?

Maybe they didn’t scope out things as well as everyone thinks and kept getting surprised with how much attacking they ended up having to do.
I think this is less likely but definitely a possibility to consider.

Agreed. I could do without the semi half smile/smirks if that's the case. Not appropriate in such a horrific situation.

I think he's trying to seem positive. probably wants to cry. I would. jmo imo.

In my opinion, we need to be wary of overstating the immediate results when they were asleep in bed imo
I think we also need to be wary of understating, which was my whole point. the people who talked about how easy it would be, like stabbing a pillow, clearly have never been stabbed. jmo imo and in my experience. I'd also add you were very lucky re the lacerations.

RAZING the HOUSE?
@sleepingmonkey
Yes, exactly. And sometimes an owner-occupier continues living there or an owner renting the house continues renting it out.

BTW, anyone think current owner who has $$$ equity in the prop (anywhere from say $100,000 to $400,000, my sci. wild azz guess) will say to self, Yep, I'll pay to have it razed, then landscaped, and donate to the city?

Not that any post explicitly said that ^, but imo others implied it in previous threads and cases. imo jmo moo
I actually think that homeowners insurance might cover this. It was a gruesome crime scene in multiple rooms and the house layout has been plastered on television across the globe. Every aspect of that home is known to the world. Every way to enter, every area that can easily be stalked from outside, where each bedroom is, etc. It's a risk to leave the home as it is.

SUGGESTING PROP OWNER ACT?

snipped for focus. @maskedwoman Thanks for your response.

A little unfair to "SUGGEST" owner "OUGHT" to take a certain action w prop? Yes.
Seems waaay unfair to EXPECT owner "OUGHT" to donate prop. imo jmo moo
Maybe the school or town should buy the property and do some kinda of memorial park or something like that.

Has anyone thought that maybe the killer didn’t know the layout and just assumed like anyone else that the bedrooms are upstairs (after entering from the back)? Then had a run in on the middle floor on the way out?

Maybe they didn’t scope out things as well as everyone thinks and kept getting surprised with how much attacking they ended up having to do.
I think this is less likely but definitely a possibility to consider.
Many people think that the perpetrator wasn't aware of the exact layout and that there were bedrooms downstairs. Even if they did know, they may have encountered locked doors, etc. If you tried to break into those rooms, they could open a window and run. The victims upstairs all had a way out as well, but it doesn't seem to be convenient and I don't know that both X&E, M&K's rooms were locked at the time whereas the lower levels likely were. You're not going to leave your bedroom door open when the majority of your roommates aren't home yet and the front main access door is outside your bedroom.

In my opinion , this was a cowardice gutless attack where small young girls were at their most vulnerable.

The attacker may not have seen wounds under the bedding.

I can't wait to see the police throw flash grenades in the perpetrators room so the perpetrator has an attack at 4am.

I hope the flash explosions, audible grenades happen bedside and the perp poops themselves in fright.
AIMOO

Maybe the school or town should buy the property and do some kinda of memorial park or something like that.
Yes, the owner of the home shouldn't have to take the loss. If that is the case, they simply won't and they will have no problem renting out that house. Sadly and ironically, they can probably rent it for more now.

I don't feel like Moscow wants this crime to always be known in their history so a memorial park is doubtful. Keeping the house as is could be a risk to future tenants and open the homeowners insurance up to future lawsuits.

Betsy Aardsma 1969. Stabbed to death in the Penn State LIBRARY. Murdered on school property. No arrests ever.

I think the Zodiac killed someone leaving the library (in Riverside) and it wasn’t connected to him for a couple decades, IIRC.

So, it seems no one was arrested for her Murder either.

Cheri Jo Bates

Last edited:
Lots of change happening in her life, including break from long-time boyfriend. Even positive changes like graduating & finding a job far away from home can be stressors. Making payments on a new car, too.

Something to consider. I wonder if there was conflict or tension with her family over the breakup with JD?

She had A LOT going on.
MOO
She had so much going on! A bright future ahead.

Speaking of that, has anyone found KG's linkedin page? Was wondering about her messaging via that site. That came up in the Missy Bevers (who also had stab wounds) investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces