ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The house can be bulldozed to the ground, but people will still know where it stood, and anyone who wants to gawk will still do a drive-by, and there will be some of that, regardless of what is there. It is not only the house that will forever have a history now, but the parcel of land that it sits on, as well. I do believe that some significant modifications will be made before the home is occupied again, but I expect renovation will begin as soon as possible after cleanup, and I would think it likely that it will be available to rent again by next fall semester. I would expect to see the sliding glass doors removed, and replaced with secure double French doors, and new double-pane windows installed perhaps, more outside lighting, doorbell cam and/or security service provided. New paint throughout.

And for all of the people who cannot imagine anyone wanting to live there, or anyone wanting to see that house again, the other side of that is that some may take comfort in seeing life return to the house, and returning at least some sense of normalcy to the neighborhood. JMO

The flip side is the implied blood spurting over walls that has occurred. That the perpetrator be covered in blood when entering the car.

The victims were at their most vulnerable point, presumably under a duvee' or blankets.

The perpetrator only need walk in, thrust the reported ka bar style knife into the victims from a distance in the soft tissue.

The perpetrator protected from blood spatter by blankets, and may have only had blood on the reported knife. Potentially not even touch the victim due to blankets.

I think the splatter has been overstated imo with bed coverings and victims laying still.

Ive had lacerations in my neck, arm, chest and leg. Blood is slow to immerse in many cases.
Thankfully, or I would have drowned in the surf. A 200 metre swim with gaping hole in my neck did nothing to pump the blood out. I drove home, then to the ER as mum couldnt drive me there. No blood spurting.

The perpetrator may not have seen the injuries under the blanket imoo

In my opinion, we need to be wary of overstating the immediate results when they were asleep in bed imo

"The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times."

I’ve not read any verified account where the coroner indicated that the victims were assaulted and murdered under the covers. Only that the attacks BEGAN while the victims were in bed and most likely asleep.

Also, I have not read anything which indicates where the stab wounds were located on the bodies and which were fatal. If the killer avoided arteries and struck for the lungs, heart, and liver…there would be no spraying of blood from the body. They’d most assuredly bleed out internally from these wounds, but the blood would not spray everywhere. JMOO

Last edited:
To me this is a huge hint that there is an unnamed suspect who will be arrested soon, based on the below interview with Chief Fry, Moscow PD.

“You always hold back information on any case you work, but one this big you hold back because you want to have an unbiased jury pool," Fry said. "It's not just about today, it's about in a year from now or whenever we make an arrest and go to trial. We want to have that pool of people who can look at the case and not have all the facts to that to make the decision to find this person guilty."

Bingo. I'd bet your lunch money that he lives in one already imo jmo. and he covets a version of what he sees everyday. So roadtrip IMO JMO.

I'm sorry, and consider yourself hugged. I know the feeling well.

A few thoughts: imo jmo some have a red light, he might not be that tall, and he might have sat astride them instead of standing over. and he might have wanted to wake K, M, and X. I think simple duct tape, fear, zip ties, and that's not gagged and bound, but it's sure silent imo jmo.

E would have been dispatched for expediency IMO based on my theory which is based on the little we know and some add'l research from experts.

"he covets a version of what he sees everyday"

I have been thinking about this, this entire time. He sees, he wants, but can't obtain. So he begins to covet. Thou shalt not covet is even strongly admonished in the Bible. Covetousness is a root sin that leads to stealing, adultery, murder, and almost any other sin. (as defined by owlcation.com)

The house can be bulldozed to the ground, but people will still know where it stood, and anyone who wants to gawk will still do a drive-by, and there will be some of that, regardless of what is there. It is not only the house that will forever have a history now, but the parcel of land that it sits on, as well. I do believe that some significant modifications will be made before the home is occupied again, but I expect renovation will begin as soon as possible after cleanup, and I would think it likely that it will be available to rent again by next fall semester. I would expect to see the sliding glass doors removed, and replaced with secure double French doors, and new double-pane windows installed perhaps, more outside lighting, doorbell cam and/or security service provided. New paint throughout.

And for all of the people who cannot imagine anyone wanting to live there, or anyone wanting to see that house again, the other side of that is that some may take comfort in seeing life return to the house, and returning at least some sense of normalcy to the neighborhood. JMO
That house is prime property but some sort of major renovation needs to take place. Change the layout, add privacy, security, etc.

And the sliding glass doors! I would be removing those on practically every house in that area after this or providing alternate ways to secure them. I'm in a safe area and I'm almost questioning my own now. I try to be safe but my belief is that if someone wants to get to you, they can. My house could be Fort Knox but there's still time when my garage door is closing or when I'm letting my dog out, etc. I could remove my sliding glass doors, but what about the other 20 windows? It helps to be guarded to prevent random attacks but if someone wants to attack me specifically, they would find a way. JMO.

There are examples where the property where a horific crime occured was razed. For example Dahmer's apartment building was purchased by a non-profit affiliated with Marquette University and torn down. The building wasnt far from the University and they were in the middle of efforts to improve the neighborhoods around them.

The home rented by Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka was torn down a year after their convictions of murder. The Ontario government bought the house from the owners, leaving the land for them. Both the home and his car, a Nissan 240SX was also stripped and buried along with the house debris in a secret location so souvenir hunters couldn't poach the site. The Bernardo/Homolka crimes really tore at the heart of the people of Ontario. Buying the home from the owners was an unusual and gratifying step for the government to make. As far as I know, no other home that was the site of a sensational murder has ever been bought and razed by the province who tried and convicted the murderers.

To me this is a huge hint that there is an unnamed suspect who will be arrested soon, based on the below interview with Chief Fry, Moscow PD.

“You always hold back information on any case you work, but one this big you hold back because you want to have an unbiased jury pool," Fry said. "It's not just about today, it's about in a year from now or whenever we make an arrest and go to trial. We want to have that pool of people who can look at the case and not have all the facts to that to make the decision to find this person guilty."
Yeah there is definitely something to what he is talking about and I think you have the right idea.

It seems as if he is jumping ahead a few steps in this whole process, as if a few pieces are in already in place.

Also, I have not read anything which indicates where the stab wounds were located and which were fatal. If the killer avoided arteries and struck for the lungs, heart, and liver…there would be no spraying of blood from the body. They’d most assuredly bleed out internally from these wounds. JMOO
There have been reports that the crime scene rooms were very bloody, and presumably, some of that blood leaked out of the house. Who knows. Kinda sounds bad, though, like more than just blood under covers or internal bleeding:

The four University of Idaho students knifed to death in the early hours of Sunday morning were killed so brutally, blood was left oozing through the walls of their rented home, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Exclusive DailyMail.com photos show blood dribbling down the side of the house while evidence markers could be seen on the interior walls and back porch.

Police sources told DailyMail.com that the scene inside the home is ‘the worst they’ve ever seen’ with the victims left to bleed out following the brutal early morning attack.

Law enforcement sources told the Daily Mail that the victims bled out after being butchered in the off-campus home, and described the scene as the “worst they’ve ever seen.”

“There was blood everywhere. We have investigators who have been on the job for 20, even 30, years, and they say they have never seen anything like this,” a police source close to the probe told the outlet."

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but no one else has, so I will. It might be important. In all of KG's social media photos she seems hyper focused on her image, style, body, and looks. Nothing wrong with that. The photos and video of her from the day and night before the murder seem to indicate recent weight gain. I only bring this up because in times of great stress, I tend to pack on weight. I wonder if some stress she was feeling might have contributed to this. Leaving school early, a stalker, the break up? Please don't come after me. I mean no disrespect. I just find it interesting, and it is noticeable. MOO.

I did notice she seemed to look larger (at the grub truck) than in her SM pictures, but I thought it wasn't germane as so much of SM is filtered.

The only pertinent thought I'd have is if she were pregnant, maybe by a new guy who wasn't happy about it, and she may have been targeted for that. A very common and tragic motive throughout history.

But truthfully her apparent weight gain didn't look like a pregnancy, so I figured it wasn't something I should speculate on.

Jmo IMO and 100% speculative ramblings.

Last edited:
People will still rent it but IMO, it should be torn down. It will always be referred to as the "murder house" in the future. Shouldn't be torn down at the expense of the owner but it should be torn down.
Yes, maybe the city (with the public's help) could buy it from the owner and tear it down. Or I guess the owner could renovate it so it looks different and is more secure. We'll see what happens.

Whatever happens to the house, the main thing is that there needs to be justice for the victims...

JMO

Last edited:
I'm going to listen to the Podcast and research the case. My parents both went to Penn State back in the early 70's/somewhere around that time/don't make me do math this late. They're both old with the memory of a goldfish so I doubt this will ring a bell but I'll still ask. If they can't remember my first words or first steps (LOL), but they remember this case, that will definitely interest me.

My niece just graduated four years ago, so this event happened long before she was born. She'd heard about it, though, because it's a "spooky" campus mystery.

God willing the fate of this Moscow tragedy does not end up a mystery for future students to whisper about.

With a high-profile case like this, they're going to have a really hard time selling or renting it out again, especially given that the house itself is a prominent "character" in this event. Not saying it can't be done, but it would likely take a long time and deep price cuts to get it accomplished. That place is going to become an unintentional tourist attraction, and anyone living there will have to deal with that, even if living in a house where such horrors occurred doesn't bother them.

A cosmetic re-do of the outside and changing the address has worked in the past for other homes that have been stigmatized by murder.

@fastoys in the last thread, you mentioned Sand road and heading NW.
There are no cameras on the ID or WA portion.

Idaho 511 Travel Information

one of my previous posts has more map info in it, but these links will get you to all of the road cameras.

If I were charting this killer's route, I'd have parked at the arboretum, walked in the dark, done what I came to do, gone back to arboretum, taken my car, and headed out on Palouse NW which turns into Sandy, and with 8 hours lead time, I'd have plenty of time to get cleaned up, dump the borrowed white car near Pullman, grab my real ride, and head out with WSU football fans leaving from the weekend visit. That's all obvs JMO IMO

My other option would have been Troy area and the Latah trail.
Moo-

I made a post about this week one of the investigation after an hour on Google maps looking at possible escape route with little to surveillance or people.

I followed the roads from house to arboretum continuing down sand road to Washington and very little if any possible surveillance spots. Was sure the killer (if from out of state , specifically Washington or Oregon would take this route.

But when LE released info about the suspect heading/being spotted/investigation leads taking them in opposite direction…

I gave up. But if the person who committed these crimes was from Washington area… sand road would have been the likely path to take without being seen.

She had so much going on! A bright future ahead.

Speaking of that, has anyone found KG's linkedin page? Was wondering about her messaging via that site. That came up in the Missy Bevers (who also had stab wounds) investigation.
I have wondered about her activity on LinkedIn and even her relationships with others at her internship and the transition from the internship to a full-time job. Who did she interact with, and where are they located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces