ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not skeptical about the photo being altered. I think LE took the same stance after that YouTube video with the bodycam footage and overlay image of the car...

But as far as the CC photo, I did find it odd that like everyone in the photo had jackets and coats on almost as if they were all outside. Not sure why... But found it strange. Probably nothing.

Based on the time stamp and the lights seeming to be on I’d guess that it was almost bar time so they were bundled up preparing to leave. MOO

I agree with you on the mother link, I too have seen that too often. What I recall of this crime is that this guy met the dtr on line and Mom allowed him to come and visit. This was local news of Longwood at the time., so MOO. But, I dont know who you can point to re the music. Must be one of those chicken or the egg situation s really.
I hate to even mention the "mother" link because divorce is so common and there's often a feeling of detachment or neglect by children towards one or both parents. It almost seems like an exclusionary factor rather than inclusion.

Many people have negative feelings towards one of their parents/guardian. Yet I'm trying to think of cases where killers had a strong bond with their mother yet still killed mostly women. I'm sure there are plenty but this still seems to often be one of the many reasons.

As for the FarmVille murder case, I did read that her parents were hesitant because the two met online. But I was actually referring to his relationship with his mother. I read that his mother left when he was younger and many articles speak of the father and the siblings but not the mother. So, I was speculating that he didn't have a strong female role mother/motherly bond.

That's so cool. I'm an amateur genealogist, which comes from loving the study of DNA so much. I never thought we'd get as far as we have with DNA - it was helped along by this one lone graduate student to found a very cheap and quick method for isolating DNA out of a cell (can't remember his name). Of course, lots of other individuals made specific, completely unexpected breakthroughs.

It'll get better within our lifetimes. I think almost everyone would have fun looking at their mtDNA heritage, if they knew it.

I feel more optimistic about this case than Suzanne's, but then, I felt optimistic at the beginning of that one too. SO many people missing in the United States - and no resources to go find them or identify them properly.
In my opinion, I feel forensics are sorting the DNA, and building a case.
Its one thing to have all the DNA, but to isolate the perpetrator is another. There could be quite a few DNA samples.

There are the different types of DNA, such as sperm that might be present that is isolated. Imo, not relevant but needing isolation.

Predominantly, the perpetrator is going to impart skin cell DNA, maybe hair, and spittle.

Officers and housemates may breath on victims that needs isolating.

There is fibre evidence from clothing. All needing categorising. There is redundant data needing isolating.

Maybe the Yellowstone crew (Marshalls?)we saw take off in the van have a dna profile of the perpetrator and have already started searching? AIMOO

Last edited:
he's no longer in Idaho. He's going to head to some other college town, as he knows just how vulnerable such houses and such young people are. He's already been unnoticed in one, despite perhaps being around long enough to plan this crime.
Bingo. I'd bet your lunch money that he lives in one already imo jmo. and he covets a version of what he sees everyday. So roadtrip IMO JMO.

There is a street that I can never drive down because of a devastating tragedy in my life. A funeral home I cannot set foot in. But those are my issues.

I'm sorry, and consider yourself hugged. I know the feeling well.

headlamp is so high up, it risks waking them up IMO

A few thoughts: imo jmo some have a red light, he might not be that tall, and he might have sat astride them instead of standing over. and he might have wanted to wake K, M, and X. I think simple duct tape, fear, zip ties, and that's not gagged and bound, but it's sure silent imo jmo.

E would have been dispatched for expediency IMO based on my theory which is based on the little we know and some add'l research from experts.

I wonder if Kaylee was living at home for a while because of her alleged stalker? Maybe something happened that creeped her out & she decided to get some distance for a while if she could study/work remotely.

I don't think we have proof that she had moved out of 1122. I've thought all along she left for a specific reason.

Perhaps her family has agreed to not publicly discuss the stalking fear?

But if I'm right, why did she return that weekend? And what were her plans are: moving her stuff out.

Open to correction on any facts I've misstated.

All JMO!
Pretty sure that this has been covered extensively. Still open to speculation.

K left because she was graduating, had travel plans and a job lined up. She returned that weekend to see her friends and show them her new/used Range Rover.

Still speculation because her room appeared to have a bed, etc. IMO, she wasn't likely taking furniture with her so she left it behind - sold or gave.

It costs money to tear down a house. This isn’t always a feasible thing for the owner. People will still rent it.
People will still rent it but IMO, it should be torn down. It will always be referred to as the "murder house" in the future. Shouldn't be torn down at the expense of the owner but it should be torn down.

The killer knew the house layout, could be the gummies but my mind keeps going with this theory...
What theory?
It costs money to tear down a house. This isn’t always a feasible thing for the owner. People will still rent it.

Sell it for land value . Whose parents are going to allow their teen to live in a targeted house which was dripping with blood, and would attract morbid seekers and gawkers

IMO, I think it’s clear that the owners of the house are not going to demo it since someone is coming tomorrow to start the remediation process. Insurance is likely covering this. The owners would have the option of either having the insurance company pay for the remediation and repairs, or if they were interested in demo’ing it, they could have the insurance company provide them with an estimate for the remediation and repairs and just pay that amount to the owners directly without going ahead with any work. The owners could then apply that money towards paying off the mortgage to mitigate their loss. Since remediation starts tomorrow, IMO they are getting it ready for occupancy again eventually.
small memorial plaque in the yard, no slider doors; alarm system, camera, new rentals IMO

In regards to the house, there is no reason why it cannot be torn down... IMO it should be. Most serial killer houses or houses where multiple murders have occurred are actually torn down, often to prevent those places from becoming some sort of weird shrine or tourist attraction. I can't imagine anyone wanting to keep that house as is, not the owner, and for sure not the neighbors. It would only become a morbid tourist attraction.

The “reason” that it might not be able to be torn down is that it might cause a devastating financial hardship for the owner to do so. We don’t know their financial situation.

Something I was thinking about... regarding having this house professionally cleaned at this time... Isn't it a bit early on to do this? I mean, I sure hope LE has collected everything they need, cleaning the house before the killer(s) have been caught, and case is closed.

The “reason” that it might not be able to be torn down is that it might cause a devastating financial hardship for the owner to do so. We don’t know their financial situation.
Well, like I stated, I imagine money could very easily be raised for that, and sometimes certain organizations have been known to step in and help with that.

many houses are cleaned and fixed up where needed and put on the market.
With a high-profile case like this, they're going to have a really hard time selling or renting it out again, especially given that the house itself is a prominent "character" in this event. Not saying it can't be done, but it would likely take a long time and deep price cuts to get it accomplished. That place is going to become an unintentional tourist attraction, and anyone living there will have to deal with that, even if living in a house where such horrors occurred doesn't bother them.

what's bugging me is: -

Normally a party house - no party on that night!!!

KG had moved out but KG returned that weekend to catch up with MM and show her new car

All residents and EC home by 1.56am having been out separately

Messages on phone between KG and MM to JD from 2.26 to 2.52 am

30 minutes at home before messages -
eating, maybe catching up with others?

Murders between 3.00 - 4.00

I am kind of perplexed about the CC photo release - whoever thought it was relevant to release it (whether for money or other reason) I am a bit surprised to see the people in that photo. Cannot put my finger on why? or if its relevant or not???.

If the POI was not ever planning to take out 4 people - this particular weekend he had that opportunity.

MOO
I'm sooo confused. You said "what's bugging me" but then listed a series of things with reasonable explanations so I don't understand why or if they are bugging you if that is what you meant.

1) Normally a party house but no party that night at 2am-3am. So what bugs you?
2) KG had moved out but returned that weekend to catchup and show her new car. So what bugs you?
3) All residents and EC home by 1:56 after being out separately. What bugs you?
4) 30 minutes at home before messages. You literally already answered this with eating and catching up. So what bugs you?
5) Murders between 3-4am - what bugs you?
6) People in the CC photo - all regulars and/or known to have been there so what bugs you?

Out of all of the "what bugs me" and "perplexing things" in this case, you listed ones that not only bother me the least but you gave reasons for them.

How can "murders between 3-4am" bug you?

The home where Richard Ramirez stabbed the two elderly sisters is on the hill above me.
He left so many victims, you would think all of their homes should have been razed.
Yet, it's still there, occupied, and valued at $1 million +.
Owners ought not to appease the public.

What I have not read in these threads is if there has been any speculating on whether the perp ate, drank, or used the restroom while in the house? I have always been fascinated by reports of perps that pee in the shampoo bottles or take a beer. A marking territory of sorts. LE has not let any of this info out, if it has occurred.
I did see mention of the Setagaya murders, that has some of the elements I am thinking of.

Last edited:
SUGGESTING PROP OWNER ACT?
... My point was that it was a little unfair to suggest the owner "ought" to do a certain thing with their property.
snipped for focus. @maskedwoman Thanks for your response.

A little unfair to "SUGGEST" owner "OUGHT" to take a certain action w prop? Yes.
Seems waaay unfair to EXPECT owner "OUGHT" to donate prop. imo jmo moo

Pretty sure that this has been covered extensively. Still open to speculation.

K left because she was graduating, had travel plans and a job lined up. She returned that weekend to see her friends and show them her new/used Range Rover.

Still speculation because her room appeared to have a bed, etc. IMO, she wasn't likely taking furniture with her so she left it behind - sold or gave.
I understand what you're saying but it just doesn't add up for me. I haven't seen an explanation for her moving away from Moscow before the end of the semester. Have you? I wonder where the dog was going to stay while she traveled Europe in January?

The others murdered didn't have this "glitch" in their circumstances. I also wonder why she was not honored with a posthumous degree.

Again, JMO

With a high-profile case like this, they're going to have a really hard time selling or renting it out again, especially given that the house itself is a prominent "character" in this event. Not saying it can't be done, but it would likely take a long time and deep price cuts to get it accomplished. That place is going to become an unintentional tourist attraction, and anyone living there will have to deal with that, even if living in a house where such horrors occurred doesn't bother them.
I actually think the opposite is true.

A LOT of college kids would think it’s ‘cool’ and ‘creepy’ and would like to live in such a unique location.

I wonder if Kaylee was living at home for a while because of her alleged stalker? Maybe something happened that creeped her out & she decided to get some distance for a while if she could study/work remotely.

I don't think we have proof that she had moved out of 1122. I've thought all along she left for a specific reason.

Perhaps her family has agreed to not publicly discuss the stalking fear?

But if I'm right, why did she return that weekend? And what were her plans are: moving her stuff out.

Open to correction on any facts I've misstated.

All JMO!
I hate to be the one to bring this up, but no one else has, so I will. It might be important. In all of KG's social media photos she seems hyper focused on her image, style, body, and looks. Nothing wrong with that. The photos and video of her from the day and night before the murder seem to indicate recent weight gain. I only bring this up because in times of great stress, I tend to pack on weight. I wonder if some stress she was feeling might have contributed to this. Leaving school early, a stalker, the break up? Please don't come after me. I mean no disrespect. I just find it interesting, and it is noticeable. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces