ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Entrance?
My front door has a code to enter. Rental properties often have such door locks as you can reset them, cheaper than changing locks between renters.
That would imply it was someone they knew- if they entered the front door using the code.

Also Sliding patio doors are not terribly secure, we always kept a wooden stick in the track.
If the dog was found outside, they could have been interrupted while letting the dog out when they returned home?

If it is an obvious connected perp it has been long enough, they should Be focusing in on them. In my opinion this may be crime of opportunity, unrelated or unknown to them
I’m looking for the link but someone was quoted as saying that bc those girls were so kind and welcoming people would come in and out of the house all the time and that most of the time the code wasn’t activated

Yes, I guess it could, but what would be the reason to do this?
The reason a killer would use the phones to call? To make it look like the girls were still alive for one (this what what happened in the case of my friend). I can think of several other reasons, like killer didn't have a phone and was calling to have someone pick him up somewhere, as if he had been with the girls and borrowed their phone and they were alive then. Then arranged to get picked up elsewhere in a half hour.

Again, unless there is proof the girls made the calls, if I were LE I would not assume that to be the case, unless of course they had phones with passwords like gte3$}re46 and nobody knew them ever. That is highly unlikely, but could be true.

There are 2 Jacks and a Jake. One Jack was the fellow in the hoodie at the food cart. One Jack is supposedly an ex boyfriend of Kailees. One Jake was the boyfriend of Madison.

As far as I know, we do not know which Jack the girls were calling in the 2am hour. Most likely the ex-boyfriend ,imo, since I would doubt both the girls would have the food truck hoodie guys phone number on their phones.
But could be.
Ok, I agree. Most likely the ex. But! I have a convoluted ”what if”
What if Hoodie Jack was with the girls from the bar to the food truck to ensure that they got home safely. And when they contacted an unknown person for a ride, he left to go back to his own residence quite nearby the girls. And what if the girls then had a problem with the driver (say maybe he would just not leave) or if he left, a prowler.. or something thPat spooked them. Would it not be possible that they could have tried to reach him since he was acting as their protector previously that night and lived close by?
it is full of many “assumptions” but if those happened to be true assumptions, I cannot rule this out.

So... perhaps the sp arrived to the house in a car and sneaking to the back of the house or front door instead of entering from through the wooded area behind the house. Very brazen to park a car very close to the house where the crime occurred. Sounds like the sp(s) were pretty confident in this crime
Odd this is being done so many days later though. Could be anyone's tires at this point. imo

There's just no way on earth I think a woman committed this crime. I could be very wrong but I would be shocked if the killer isn't male.

I feel for the surviving roomates. What a horror to have your friends killed and then people suspect you of being the killers.

Another theory is the sp(s) could have came back with E and X to the house and entered through the front door with them after the party and decided to crash on the couch because they were too drunk to drive. Waited for ppl to head to their rooms and sleep and then started the crime. Then exited from the sliding doors in the kitchen area.Looks like someone left in a hurry to leave tire marks. JMO

that fraternity house is a stones throw away.
Back in the day, way back (22 years ago now), I spent a year up in Moscow Idaho for school. I'm assuming things have changed, but back then every weekend we would just walk from frat to frat freely to party. We'd let ourselves in the the front door, and just start socializing. I don't ever recall knocking or anything like that. I lived in the dorms, but I remember nobody gave a *advertiser censored* who you were.

I also remember weekends being extremely dark and cold in the winter. Moscow sits right on the PST/MTN timezone border, so on the weekends it gets dark extremely early. If you were to go out and party on Friday or Sunday night, and drink enough (and let's be honest, there isn't much else to do in Moscow on the weekends as a student), it's entirely possible to sleep until 2 or 3pm the next day, and never seen the sun. If you're a dude who lived in the dorms, after the first year you've naturally trained yourself how to sleep through all sorts of noise. Sleeping through 4 murders? Dunno about that, but definitely young, tired, semi-drunk students can sleep through trainwrecks.

There's just no way on earth I think a woman committed this crime. I could be very wrong but I would be shocked if the killer isn't male.

I feel for the surviving roomates. What a horror to have your friends killed and then people suspect you of being the killers.
Agreed. One murder? Ok, that's definitely possible, although statistically less likely.

A mass murder? Not a chance in hell IMO.

There are indeed reports that the victims were found on the 2nd and 3rd floors. And there are reports that the survivors were on the 3rd floor. The question is... are there any reports that the survivors were on the 1st floor during the murders?
Link to any source saying that the survivors were in the third floor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the calls to J…

If the J that was called was Ks ex from IG, I have doubts that this was a pleasant type of call, happy drunk dial, etc. Being that they don’t follow each other anymore, it seems more likely than not that they weren’t on the best of terms.

Is it confirmed that K and J (the ex) were co-owners of the dog? If so, it’s plausible that the call was about the missing dog. J doesn’t pick up Ks calls so M, who is on better terms with him, tries instead.

I have a convoluted ”what if”
What if Hoodie Jack was with the girls from the bar to the food truck to ensure that they got home safely. And when they contacted an unknown person for a ride, he left to go back to his own residence quite nearby the girls. And what if the girls then had a problem with the driver (say maybe he would just not leave) or if he left, a prowler.. or something thPat spooked them. Would it not be possible that they could have tried to reach him since he was acting as their protector previously that night and lived close by?
it is full of many “assumptions” but if those happened to be true assumptions, I cannot rule this out.
Fascinating!

The reason a killer would use the phones to call? To make it look like the girls were still alive for one (this what what happened in the case of my friend). I can think of several other reasons, like killer didn't have a phone and was calling to have someone pick him up somewhere, as if he had been with the girls and borrowed their phone and they were alive then. Then arranged to get picked up elsewhere in a half hour.

Again, unless there is proof the girls made the calls, if I were LE I would not assume that to be the case, unless of course they had phones with passwords like gte3$}re46 and nobody knew them ever. That is highly unlikely, but could be true.
I am assuming that 1. LE has their phones 2. they already know who called J... we of course do not nor do I think we will prior to an arrest. MOO is killer did not take the time to call J from Both Kaylee and Madison's phone.

the longer it takes to identify a suspect, the more likely it is that he is unknown to the victims. I am personally at 60 stranger : 40 known individual
If its 60% stranger and that stranger managed not to leave his own blood or DNA at the scene and he keeps him mouth shut there is about a 95% chance he never gets caught. But that is a few big if's

Yeah but one thing we shouldn't forget is that maybe the killer is not too bright and didn't consider any of this. We are assuming the killer is somewhat intelligent.
Not sure I agree with the not too bright comment. This is someone who entered that house without force, slaughtered 4 people, left without a trace (that we know of right now), the police have so far not found the weapon and not found them. Whoever this is has a certain level of cognitive ability for sure imo.

Partly because the body is in full rigor 12 hours after death. The varying stages indicate time of death.
Would definitely agree if it was between 2 and 5. And maybe I have missed something in a timeline, too. I saw that both couples arrived home before 2am. The bottom floor roommates locked their doors because they thought others were partying. Possibly the lower floor roommates heard noise until 3am? Rigor is not an exact science due to temperatures and such. A one hour window is very small.

Of course possible that the J in question called back at 4 am and received no answer, so the assumed end window is 4 am. Again, just trying to figure out how they got such a tiny window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602