ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what about a maintenance man or someone who worked for the property management company and harbored some kind of resentment. Maybe used to be military but now works in the area and has been in the house for some kind of work related reason? Feels jealous of the 'college kids' and their freedoms that he fought for but they don't appreciate? Had a run in with one of the girls after he made another one feel uncomfortable? Just throwing things out there...

I wonder if they can track everyone's cell phone that was pinging the closest cell tower to the murder scene? I live in the DC area and I read in the Washington Post how the FBI was able to determine who entered the capital by there cell phone locations. Of course the killer would have had to be stupid enough to bring their cell phone and leave it on during the crime. But a lot of people make this mistake

Plenty of "average" (?) women work out, eat a lot of protein, and are interested in tactical gear, army maneuvers, etc, etc. One size does not fit all.
That’s true but men have so much more muscle mass it would be quite rare. Also, statistically, females don't usually stab an entire household.

Do we know for sure the 911 caller saw a victim through a window or door but remained outside the entire time?
We don't know who the unconscious person was.

If I saw an unconscious person, and I have at least twice in my life on the street, I would try to rouse them. Standard first aid training is to give 1 minute of care then call 911. Of course not everyone is trained in first aid. So my speculation is that whoever saw the unconscious person likely could not access them and possibly saw them through a window. But that is just inference.

Frankly, in college if I saw one of my friends or roommates passed out on a Sunday morning I would be thinking hangover not somethin sinister.

Just going by stereotypes, that it’s not tremendously likely that a house full of girls will have a Ka-bar knife lying around ready to be picked up by some violent stranger, in the dark.

Sounds much more believable to me that someone who ended up murdering four people brought a weapon with him.

All possibilities should be considered, of course.

MOO
It did look like E and X were the type to adventure about, so it could be possible she would have one. But the fact that LE is looking for someone who might have bought one recently tells me they have no reason to believe anyone who was in the house had one on them.

Now, in my house anyone coming in would have a choice of various knives, swords, foils, maces, flails and cutlass' to choose from, but you'd see a blank place where they took it. It would be obvious. Functional knives though, including ones with hilts, are in go bags and backpacks. No one would ever know one was missing.

My only question if K and M were calling J because they were spooked/thought they heard something, etc., if they were wanting a guy to come over and check it out, why not notify E who was a guy already in the house? MSM has said in the timeline that he and X were back at the house at 1:45 and we don't have reason to believe they left again. Even if he was already asleep at almost 2:30, if the girls felt in danger or scared, that would be a good reason to call him and wake him up (if they didn't want to leave their bedroom). So why call J? MOO

And now seeing the comments from her sister about her repeatedly calling people even over mundane stuff, I personally think the calls to J are benign and not related to the murders.
Perhaps they were scared because they heard the killer and what was happening in E’s room Or hallway? No sense calling himif he was the one that needed help.

My only question if K and M were calling J because they were spooked/thought they heard something, etc., if they were wanting a guy to come over and check it out, why not notify E who was a guy already in the house? MSM has said in the timeline that he and X were back at the house at 1:45 and we don't have reason to believe they left again. Even if he was already asleep at almost 2:30, if the girls felt in danger or scared, that would be a good reason to call him and wake him up (if they didn't want to leave their bedroom). So why call J? MOO

And now seeing the comments from her sister about her repeatedly calling people even over mundane stuff, I personally think the calls to J are benign and not related to the murders.
What if E and X were killed first, and K and M heard and called J for help. Might be far-fetched I guess. If they were calling J, you’d think J is not there stabbing them (unless the murderer had a mask on). And I too have thought maybe her calls to J were benign. Until the second girl also calls him—which seems like too much. Hmm….

The blood transfered from victim -> knife -> next victim -> knife -> next victim -> knife -> final victim. The blood from each subsequent victim would be passed onto/into the cut wounds of the next. Therefore determining sequence of events without even having the knife.
Thanks, TomTrady...makes perfect sense now.

But they don't have the knife.
right but they don't need that. victim 1 is stabbed and killed and victim's blood is on the knife. victim 2 is stabbed with the same knife that now has victim 1's blood on it and now the blood of victim 1 is present in the wounds of victim 2. now the knife has blood from victims 1 and 2 on it. victim 3 is stabbed with the same knife and they have the blood of victims 1 and 2 in their wounds..so victim 4 would have blood from victims 1,2 and 3 in their wounds..that is what the poster means.

The blood transfered from victim -> knife -> next victim -> knife -> next victim -> knife -> final victim. The blood from each subsequent victim would be passed onto/into the cut wounds of the next. Therefore determining sequence of events without even having the knife.
Very interesting and agree that will help with the order

I wonder if they said it was targeted simply because the other two roommates were left alive?

True, but in relation to that, and bear in mind I'm still catching up, so not sure if it's been confirmed where everyone was, particularly with NG saying surviving students were on 3rd floor and other reports saying 1st floor.
I'd say the surviving girls were 3rd floor bedrooms and the perpetrator didn't know they were there or was spooked in leaving which is why they weren't attacked.
The rest is just MOO and absolutely not based on anything other than my thoughts at this moment, but for me, it makes more sense that KC and MM were 1st floor bedrooms. Entry to the property via front door, could have been easy, particularly, if as reports say the key code may have been well known.
If the perpetrator entered through 1st floor door, they'd have KC and MM in their own respective bedrooms (just because they both called someone whose name began with the letter J, doesn't mean it was the same person, so, in my head MM was calling her boyfriend J from her room, and KC was calling another person whose name began with the letter J from hers) - I don't think they were together in one room, would imagine it was blitz attack on one and once finished there move too the next room.
Once finished there, they make their way up the stairs, but, by that point I would guess Murphy would possibly be barking, so either Ethan or Xana came out to let him out thinking thats why he was barking, and the perpetrator came across whoever let him out (i believe this would most likely be Ethan and which, in my head, would line up with friend making 911 call following day about someone being unconscious - there is a chance they could possibly be seen from sliding patio door from the outside, hence 911 call being made), then I think the other half came to see what was happening as its taken longer than expected to let Murphy out and they got attacked - I believe this would most likely be Xana because her Dad said she'd put up a fight. The fight, may have been enough to make the perpetrator leave - by this point there's been a dog barking and someone resisting you, if they screamed/shouted - that could be enough to make them leave, which would leave whoever was on the 3rd floor unharmed physically.
I think one or 2 of them were targeted and I don't think it would have been Ethan.

Like I said, just my thoughts and moo, so please don't shout me down everyone lol - its been a crappy week, and it's just one of a gazillion thoughts about this going through my mind. At this moment, this makes the most sense to me, after I've caught up on thread - I would have probably changed my mind a few times! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper