ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an assumption on your part, though. Most is not all and a lot of people turn their unlock features off and on depending on where they are. If fingerprint was used, they'd have that. If it happened to be a close friend, they might also have the code. All of my Ds roommates had hers, and she had theirs, they were all very close.

Eta: I have my friends finger pattern. I can unlock her phone, too. We can't simply say it's not something because it's not our personal reality.
I'm curious as to how that works?

I am an identical twin. I can't open my sister's phone with my fingerprint, because even identical twins don't have the same fingerprints. (The patterns are formed by how we touch our mother's womb in utero).

We do have the same face, though, but despite being confused for one another all our lives, her phone will not unlock for my face. I presume the technology can discern minute differences more easily than a human can.

IMO it wasn't the killer trying to call the BF, but if it were, I think it would only have worked if he held the girls' fingers and placed them on the phone to unlock. That wouldn't have worked if their fingers were bloody and he'd have had to wipe them off somehow.

Jmo but I am curious as to how you'd use your friend's fingerprint pattern?

Does anyone know if these are dorms or apartments next to the property the girls lived?
Those are the Queen Apartments. If you take the road between the girls' house and the apartments, it leads to the apartments parking lot, which is right behind the girls' property.

The old adage that the police always know far more then is in the public domain should be remembered. To me the salient information that they have and we don’t is:

Method of entry - This is vital as it will allow them to rule out/in MO to an extent. If the sliding door or balcony door was either open or unlocked then the possibility of stranger remains. If they were locked and there is no evidence of tampering to other accesess and windows, it greatly increases the chances of it being someone who had access to the key code or was known to them. You can’t rule out access by deception but It’s less likely. They will know this information.

Is there any evidence that the survivors rooms were attempted to be accessed. Even if a smudged print, or latex or other gloved trace. I’d imagine the police will be able to get some evidence. Again, will help to drill in on MO. If they were attempted to be accessed not sure that correlates with isolated target attack.

Re the possibility of a single perpetrator/multiple- they will have evidence. Was the same bladed weapon used, were the attack marks consistent in terms of hand used, force, nature of the injuries. Half decent forensics will allow them to make numerous assumptions.

Then we have for me what are the two main areas of focus. Why are they classing it a crime of passion? A combat weapon is not typically consistent with a crime of passion - kitchen knives or similar yes. But combat knives suggest pre-planning. To a level above an aggrieved person known to them.

And finally the transport home. I’m convinced they will know far more about it. It’s nigh on impossible these days in an urban area to travel any distance without being caught on multiple cameras. Can the car be traced, was it stolen etc…. Did they females involved have a history of accepting lifts from strangers. Was it coincidence they seeming left the food truck and entered someone’s car so quickly - not typical if a stranger where usually someone needs to build trust. And key - Why hasn’t the person who gave them a lift, friend or otherwise, come forward to the best of public knowledge. They certainly can’t have failed to see the publicity. Is there a reason they don’t want to acknowledge having them in their car that night.

Solve the car journey back and for me you solve the crime.

Question: Where did the 1:45 time , for all of them getting to the house, come from??
.......and how did the two young women leave the food area at 1:40 and get home at 1:45?
Basically IMO the language is related to the incessantly convoluted semantics issue plaguing all the statements fron local LE.
The two girls were at a Food Truck just over 1 mile from their home, they were seen leaving at 1:40, so it was a quick ride. That said, I would have to suppose they posted on SM when they got home- how else would that precise data be referenced?
The movement's of the orher two have not been divulged. They left a Frat party at an officially unknown time but Xana’s Dad states that he last spoke to her at midnight and that she and Ethan were just home chilling out. So either LE has nailed down their movements or they are going on the conversation with Xana’s Dad and therefore have them all at home as of 1:45.
At the same time, LE came out with an update last night that Maddie and Kaylee didn’t take an Uber after all, which would bring us back to the tineline being set by SM and Xana’s father. I guess.

Ethan’s mother stated that the couple were found in Xana’s bedroom.

1. Guns are traceable for the most part and can be used specifically in signature forensics a lot easier than a knife. So, if LE ever found the gun that was used: you’ll find the killer as well. Also, silencers aren’t like in the movies: they’re still rather loud and don’t muffle all the noise.

2. The act of killing with a gun is way less gruesome and way less personal than overpowering someone and plunging a knife in
their chest and watching the life leave their eyes through exsanguination.

3. Because it’s literally just as easy to obtain a gun as it is a knife, this must speak to the psychological profile of someone who decides to kill 4 other people in that manner: It’s obviously not just about wanting to kill— (that can be managed several other ways that are less personal and less messy; i.e. Guns, a house fire, etc…) it’s the manner in which this person did it and that’s also probably why the FBI and the Behavioral Units have been called because of the brutality of the crimes and the nature of the murders.

4. I’m assuming the Medical Examiner will also be able to ascertain if there was more than one killer by the signature of the knife wounds— if all of them are mostly consistent: it’s probably just one killer. I think it’s also just one perpetrator because it takes a special kind of killer to murder this way and finding a buddy to do it with you creates many more possibilities of problems.

5. I agree that it was probably random and IMO, I think it’s a Thrill Killer which is a serial killer subtype also as evidenced by the FBI on scene. These types of killers can obtain sexual gratification just by the act of killing, so there still could be a sexual component to the crimes, just not in the normal sphere of most killers.
I agree with most everything you said except for the probably random killer. I'm about 70/30 the opposite. I believe it is probably someone who knows one or more of the victims and sees them almost daily but they don't even realize this guy exists. Most likely shy loner coward who perceived a one time comment or compliment as love or some shhh. If I'm right he probably watched them through social media, then in person from and finally that wasn't enough. As another poster mentioned, it definitely could be an Israel Keyes type extremely organized killer. If that is the case they're going to tough time catching him. Keyes had never ever even had a parking ticket.

People be crazy

right but they don't need that. victim 1 is stabbed and killed and victim's blood is on the knife. victim 2 is stabbed with the same knife that now has victim 1's blood on it and now the blood of victim 1 is present in the wounds of victim 2. now the knife has blood from victims 1 and 2 on it. victim 3 is stabbed with the same knife and they have the blood of victims 1 and 2 in their wounds..so victim 4 would have blood from victims 1,2 and 3 in their wounds..that is what the poster means.
Thanks, tokyorose.

Regarding the 1:45 time arrival by the four victims, we know from Kaylee's sister that there is a Ring camera nearby that catches some part of what I'm assuming is the front of the house. She saw enough to say the ride got them home safely. Maybe all four of the victims were seen from this Ring camera entering the home by around 1:45. Since I believe the parking area is on the front of the house/by the front door/lower level, I'm assuming that's where they would enter, rather than going around and entering through the slider.

Why do you think they are now saying private party? Was the sister just mistaken and interpreted the Ring camera footage as Uber without actually seeing the Uber charge on Caylee's account?
Yah. Definitely something went haywire there. She was quoted as saying she had verified and saw the receipt.

What if E and X were killed first, and K and M heard and called J for help. Might be far-fetched I guess. If they were calling J, you’d think J is not there stabbing them (unless the murderer had a mask on). And I too have thought maybe her calls to J were benign. Until the second girl also calls him—which seems like too much. Hmm….
Calling over and over for 26 minutes? Nah

Perhaps they were scared because they heard the killer and what was happening in E’s room Or hallway? No sense calling himif he was the one that needed help.
Yes, I just have a hard time believing that if you hear someone being murdered/hurt, you would not call 911. I can see being hesitant to call if you hear a bump in the night, a weird noise or whatever and rather wanting to call a friend to come over. But if they knew that E could not pick up because he was being seriously hurt or killed, I can't imagine not calling the authorities then.

It was almost a half an hour from when she started calling J to when her last call to J was too. It's possible the killer took that long killing E and X, but IMO it happened faster. I don't think they'd want to be sticking around the house very long for fear of being caught. MOO

True, but in relation to that, and bear in mind I'm still catching up, so not sure if it's been confirmed where everyone was, particularly with NG saying surviving students were on 3rd floor and other reports saying 1st floor.
I'd say the surviving girls were 3rd floor bedrooms and the perpetrator didn't know they were there or was spooked in leaving which is why they weren't attacked.
The rest is just MOO and absolutely not based on anything other than my thoughts at this moment, but for me, it makes more sense that KC and MM were 1st floor bedrooms. Entry to the property via front door, could have been easy, particularly, if as reports say the key code may have been well known.
If the perpetrator entered through 1st floor door, they'd have KC and MM in their own respective bedrooms (just because they both called someone whose name began with the letter J, doesn't mean it was the same person, so, in my head MM was calling her boyfriend J from her room, and KC was calling another person whose name began with the letter J from hers) - I don't think they were together in one room, would imagine it was blitz attack on one and once finished there move too the next room.
Once finished there, they make their way up the stairs, but, by that point I would guess Murphy would possibly be barking, so either Ethan or Xana came out to let him out thinking thats why he was barking, and the perpetrator came across whoever let him out (i believe this would most likely be Ethan and which, in my head, would line up with friend making 911 call following day about someone being unconscious - there is a chance they could possibly be seen from sliding patio door from the outside, hence 911 call being made), then I think the other half came to see what was happening as its taken longer than expected to let Murphy out and they got attacked - I believe this would most likely be Xana because her Dad said she'd put up a fight. The fight, may have been enough to make the perpetrator leave - by this point there's been a dog barking and someone resisting you, if they screamed/shouted - that could be enough to make them leave, which would leave whoever was on the 3rd floor unharmed physically.
I think one or 2 of them were targeted and I don't think it would have been Ethan.

Like I said, just my thoughts and moo, so please don't shout me down everyone lol - its been a crappy week, and it's just one of a gazillion thoughts about this going through my mind. At this moment, this makes the most sense to me, after I've caught up on thread - I would have probably changed my mind a few times! :)
layout.png
Roommates on 1st floor survived.

I am not saying that I am certain the survivors were on the top floor. I'm saying that I've seen it reported several times, most recently by Nancy Grace and Ted Williams this morning on Fox News. What I have never seen is any report that they were on the 1st floor.
There is SO much inconsistency in this case, it's mind-boggling.

Let's say the survivors were on the top floor. Well, that would make things a LOT more confusing. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67