ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to how that works?

I am an identical twin. I can't open my sister's phone with my fingerprint, because even identical twins don't have the same fingerprints. (The patterns are formed by how we touch our mother's womb in utero).

We do have the same face, though, but despite being confused for one another all our lives, her phone will not unlock for my face. I presume the technology can discern minute differences more easily than a human can.

IMO it wasn't the killer trying to call the BF, but if it were, I think it would only have worked if he held the girls' fingers and placed them on the phone to unlock. That wouldn't have worked if their fingers were bloody and he'd have had to wipe them off somehow.

Jmo but I am curious as to how you'd use your friend's fingerprint pattern?
With my friend, it's her finger pattern not fingerprint. (Put your finger on the phone and trace out a pattern) The phone doesn't care who you are. Face recognition is quite good because no matter how identical you are, the distances between recognition points will vary at some places, but the average college student doesn't use it because you have to stop and look at your phone to open it. Typing 4 numbers and ok or a finger pattern is faster for most. Also, phones have their own choices for security. Not everyone has an iPhone or Android or even the same brand of phone. My Ds Google Pixel is very different than my Samsung and both are Android.

I simply don't rule out anything until it is proven otherwise. While it is likely one or both girls made the calls, my own experience tells me that the killer could have been the one making the call, so I don't rule it out until LE has proof otherwise. (My experience: gave the killer an alibi for the supposed time frame, when the time frame was different)

Again, I know nothing of their phones or security on them. I was glad to see the newest reports on the phones showed LE also does not assume it was either or both girls making the calls. That is good police work. I was trying to figure out how they got the timeframe down to a one hour slot between 3-4am.

the owner of the rideshare who subcontracts it out to an untraceable driver
that would explain why he didn't care about parking the car in such a visible spot, it wasn't his car. Also, if he watched the girls go in the front door without using a key or punching in a code, he would know they kept it unlocked. would the rideshare owner really have 0 information about who he subcontracted out to? This is all speculative of course but really interesting.

What if E and X were killed first, and K and M heard and called J for help. Might be far-fetched I guess. If they were calling J, you’d think J is not there stabbing them (unless the murderer had a mask on). And I too have thought maybe her calls to J were benign. Until the second girl also calls him—which seems like too much. Hmm….

Where has it been said the 2nd female also called him?

IDK, if i'm LE i'm coming out right now and saying lots of evidence was left at the crime scene that is currently being processed and will help determine who the killer is. Even if they don't have anything it might be enough to spook the murderer that's possibly a student to the point where they don't come back to campus after the break. Then at that point you drive down to his hometown and pay him a visit.

The dog was co-owned by Kaylee and ex-boyfriend, Jack? That Jack reportedly lives nearby and the dog has reportedly been returned to him?

Edit: Spelling

That is correct. I cannot link, because I believe I only heard about the dog being returned to co-owner, Jack in a tv clip.

"Police say...the victims were the only ones in the house when the bodies were found. Two other roommates, though, were home at the time. They were not hurt."

This could mean the surviving girls were home when the bodies were discovered by LE, but they were outside...?

Two important questions that I would like the answer to:

. Was there any VMs left on the phone calls to J?

. Clarity on where the dog was during the crime, immediately after the crime, and where now?

I don't know why everyone thinks that these murders were so noisy. It sounds like all of the victims were still in bed, except for E who was possibly on the floor. That would lead me to believe that everything happened quite fast and there wasn't much noise. This wasn't a long drawn out crime.

The dog is an interesting piece of the story. If I were going to commit a crime, I would let the dog out so that it didn't follow me room to room or bark when I attacked. I wasn't previously aware that the dog was co-owned by K&J. That could absolutely be a reason why the girls were trying to reach J that night if they weren't able to locate the dog when they came home or when they were trying to go to sleep for the night.

Has anyone mentioned that possibly J was the person that called 911? If I had 10 missed calls from the night before (possibly messages left about the dog) and I live in close proximity, I would probably just swing by to see if the dog was found or if I needed to look for him.

I feel that if the killer had "official" tactical knife training, the victims would have sustained "slicing" wounds to the neck rather than stabbing... but maybe I've watched too many movies.
this type of knife does more damage going into a body than slashing at it, as it is serrated. the coroner said that for each victim, a stab wound to their upper torso ended their lives. slashing at someone would take longer - more possibility for noise, detection, etc .

Wait? They left!? Without seeing anything? Im confused

What’s confusing about it? Suggestion is that they were on the 1st floor. We know there is an exit from the 1st floor directly to the street.

If they were going out for breakfast and/or knew their housemates were partying the night before and likely still asleep then they would have no reason to go upstairs or into their housemates rooms.

I don’t see them leaving the house on the morning seeing nothing suspicious at all.

If the weapon is like the top two knives chances the odds are the perps hand did not slip and he/she did not cut their selves. The third knife is a Kabar. More likely to injure a hand with that one or any of the rest. My opinion.s-l500.jpg

IDK, if i'm LE i'm coming out right now and saying lots of evidence was left at the crime scene that is currently being processed and will help determine who the killer is. Even if they don't have anything it might be enough to spook the murderer that's possibly a student to the point where they don't come back to campus after the break. Then at that point you drive down to his hometown and pay him a visit.
MOO but there will be many students not coming back from Thanksgiving break.

People asking about confirming times when the victims got home is probably done with their phones pinging to their WiFi. It be really easy to look at router data and see when their phones (which are most likely connected to their home WiFi) connected that night. At least that’s a way to they could confirm…

In neighboring town Pullman, their university had a parent's weekend during this time. It was also the anniversary of an alcohol poisoning death of a fellow student, so the town of Pullman's tradition is that nobody publicly drinks/parties that weekend to show respect. So people were coming in from out of town (parents, uncles, brothers, cousins) to go to nearby Moscow and hit the bars.
Visitor Center Fall Family Weekend Open House | Events | Washington State University (wsu.edu)
I realize nobody's really discussed this yet, and I was surprised, so I went to find the link to prove the date.
'60 Minutes' reports Sunday on WSU fraternity hazing death of Sam Martinez | The Spokesman-Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper