ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first thing when i get up i go to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee!
Second, do both these girls have a tether attached? I mean if one doesnt drink coffee maybe the other does but for them both to get up and just wander off without entering the kitchen for a drink or water ? I dont know, in my opinion that just sounds strange. And firstly was believing they were on third floor and had to walk through crime area to leave. But still if on first floor i would think they would go up to main floor (imo) either way this is a terrible crime and hoping that LE can find whoever did this so they can never do it again!
they have their own first floor bathroom- maybe they go out for coffee or go to church on Sunday

I suspect he's killed before. We don't know exactly how/where he stabbed each person, but he knew what he was doing.
I postulated a thrill killer earlier. Here is a link to the different subtypes of serial killers:

So no apparent sexual assault according to linked video.

"According to Moscow police, the coroner said all four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault, police said."
"Police have said evidence found at the scene leads them to believe that the students were targeted, though they haven't given details. Investigators say nothing appears to have been stolen from the victims or the home."

If it was targeted, why kill all four people? Why not just whoever was the target? If the person knew who they were and was at the house before, wouldn't they have known about the other two girls? Why kill just the other four and not everyone?

If it was a jealous ex, why kill all four and not just the girl that was targeted? The fact that they got in and out with no struggle, and killed four people with one knife so quietly no one else in the house was awakened, and the neighbors didn't hear or see anything makes me feel like it was someone more experienced or had this very planned out. Not really some jealous ex boyfriend college kid.

It almost seems like they weren't familiar with the house and didn't realize there were more bedrooms on the lower level. So they just killed everyone in the bedrooms upstairs. Thrill seeking?

It is awful and I feel so bad for all involved. I cannot imagine the pain they must feel.
He entered through the slider in the back which was second level. Ethan and xana were on that floor. Kill them, then he went up stairs and that's where the others were.

Imho if the other couple was upstairs it might of ended up being six people. He didn't know the exact floor they/she was on
Starting to just feel like psycho vibes though idk imo

they have their own first floor bathroom- maybe they go out for coffee or go to church on Sunday
Or they had planned to eat the Sunday late breakfast/lunch with someone, so they just did the toiletries, dressed up and left without even going up to the second floor.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Police have a glaring Gap in the timeline for Ethan and Xana.. Confirmed at the party till 10, then home at 145?

Why the 4 hour gap? Two others were home, college kids don't go to bed before 10 on a Saturday. They would of been on camera at the bar.

This massive Gap and the multiple calls over and over between two girls to the J guy tells me the answer lies in there imo.

Did Xana/Ethan piss someone off? Did someone get rejected by the two girls at the bar? Was there some drama between all 4 of them at a 5th party?

Just conjecture but as experts stated,4 ppl on different levels with a knife is very personal almost certainly imo
I've actually wondered if E was the original target, and if there had been an altercation of some kind during that gap in time. If E was attacked first, while they slept, X could have tried to fight the killer off of him, then got killed before she could get away. If K and M had heard something happening downstairs and maybe came out of their rooms or even down the stairs, the killer would have seen them as he tried to exit through the sliding door in the kitchen. He could have gone upstairs after them then. So E and maybe even X were killed in bed, but M and K not. IDK...just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
In one of Kaylee's videos or photos (prob on her Instagram), it looked like she had a single serve/k-cup type coffee maker in the corner of her room.

Maybe other roommates had a similar set-up?

MOO.
This is my thought as well. The kitchen is quite compact (and "far away" from them) and there is only one "communal" space in the entire house. I imagine each girl had their individual bedrooms set up as mini studio apartments. This would also explain why the two surviving roommates were completely unaware for so long. They probably had no need to even go to the main floor at all since they probably had their own food (breakfast bars etc.) in their rooms and their cars were parked right outside the front door. Again IMO of course.

How do we even know for sure that they let the dog out?
That's assuming it is blood. Knowing Daily Mail's ways it is not impossible they snapped a pic of some rusty streaks on the wall and wrote it was blood, to have something sensational.
I haven’t a clue if it is blood or real or fake, but it isn’t only being reported by Daily Mail. it is a widely shown image. Does it look like rust streaks? No.

The location not that image is under a high window that lies between the right side of the house (from front) on the 2nd level. There is a window there that looks too high to see into.
I wondered if that is what caused someone to look in, but if they walked a bit farther they could see into the rear sliding door.

Do we know for certain if they let the dog out? No, but it makes sense if they had been gone for several hours. It doesn’t look like the back yard is fenced so the dog is inside. Images I saw are of a shaved labradoodle.

My theories / questions:

1. I suspect that the multiple calls to J is a red herring.
The pattern of several calls by K (and M) within 20 minutes after a night out is not unusual in my opinion.
When I was in college, many of my friends would be emotional after a night out and want to connect with their crush / boyfriend / ex / etc whether that was to hook up, to fight, to get reassurance, etc. If the guy didn’t respond, sometimes this escalated the emotion. Asking M to call to ‘make sure he isn’t screening me’ seems normal.
I find it much more likely that these calls were unrelated - given they extended 26 minutes. I presume the attack itself was rather short (e.g., killer in and out in 10 minutes).

2. I suspect the 911 caller was known to the victims, but uninvolved.

LE has mentioned that the roommates did not call 911 - this suggests LE has identified the caller. Ethan’s dad suggests ‘it was a friend’. IMO, the most likely scenario is that a friend of the victims came over to the house, saw something and called 911. LE is not releasing their name because they have been cleared.

2. I think the location of the dog is an important open question that hasn’t gotten enough attention.
I am extremely curious about the movements of the dog.
Was it left outside by the killer or a victim? (There was at least one LE report of a stray dog the next day?)
Was the dog present during/after the killings? (This seems unlikely to me, given I’d imagine the dog may have barked enough to eventually alert the other roommates)
Did the killer somehow remove the dog (e.g., enter the house, move the dog into the unoccupied bedroom - which I’m presuming was on the 2nd floor?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper