ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new information: Time of the murders estimated between 2 and 5 AM (not 3 to 4 AM as the a mayor initially stated).

Also says that Ethan’s mom said that the roommates heard something but didn’t go into detail as to what that might be.
Weird they would change it to earlier . Do they think that those calls then weren’t drunk dialing ??? Bc that time frame is in the middle of the calls they made to J

Can we post from MSNBC's youtube page?
Yes. Whenever you post something from an MSM or LE source, a link as proof is required. MSNBC is main stream media.

At the beginning of each thread there are notes re: TOS rules & sources. Only one source has been ruled as not allowed in this thread.

Thanks for asking & welcome to Websleuths!

Last edited:
Yes. Whenever you post something from an MSM or LE source, a link as proof is required. MSNBC is main stream media.

At the beginning of each thread there are notes re: TOS rules & sources. Only one source has been ruled as not allowed in this thread.

Thanks for asking & welcomes to Websleuths!
Thank you!

Is anyone else having terrible thoughts about their children who are at Uni? I have a 19-year-old at Uni in Scotland. My husband and I are in the US to celebrate Thanksgiving with my American family. I just want to go home and go to my son! I know this is unreasonable. And I know these are unreasonable thoughts..but goodness.. all I can think of are copycats and how knife murders can be common in the UK. I just needed to put this out somewhere as a very worried mum.

From Thread #3

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

Again.

I'm wondering if they were talking about X having defensive wounds? That would be some ummm... creative journalism?
I almost took it that way as well… just from the way he said it, it almost made it seem like the physical struggle or fight was part of the murders, as if the murderer struggled with a victim or two first and then began stabbing, vs. a fistfight or altercatioN which happened much earlier in the night.

We do know based on the interview with the ME that they were stabbed multiple times each with one stab being the most lethal. She was asked if their necks were cut, and answered No.

A lethal stab to upper body would be directly into the heart or aorta, that is through the sternum/ ribs/ spine in back and takes a huge amount of force.

If it was a ka bar type rambo knife it seems long enough, is a combat knife so won’t break, and maybe has a guard to prevent slip- or with training someone wore gloves?
Some reports are saying they were asleep, others are saying there were defense wounds, hard to imagine.
Four people in three separate rooms, this murderer was in there for a while

Sickening to think about
What would you speculate about the 2 surviving roommates were spared? Luck? Killer had no clue they were there? Their doors were locked?

Has it been verified anywhere where the two other roommates were earlier in the evening?

I know it has been established that they were at home at the time of the murders but any information on where they had been earlier in the evening? Or if they had been home the whole night and had people over?

I wonder if the sp(s) had one crime in mind but it spiraled out of control and killed potential witnesses that perhaps confronted the sp(s). I was getting a thought that perhaps one or 2 of the girls was a target for sexual assault but the event turned into a gruesome crime that wasn't planned. JMO

The perp is being refrred to as "sp" in many posts.

What does "sp" mean?

Thanks.
Would that be an abbreviation for "suspect"?

Well that's interesting. How does that compute with them being in bed when attacked? So much wrong information that it's hard to take anything at face value.

Though I am coming around that something hinky went on before the murders. For one, Ethan and Xana's timeline has that huge gap and their father believes they were home by midnight (I think) while LE said they got home two hours later? They left the party at 10pm and we don't know what they were up to between then and 2am.

Then you have the calls to J. I didn't think it was weird, but I actually do think Maddie calling three times in addition to Kaylee's calls is weird and indicates a rather urgent desire to get in touch with him. It almost makes me wonder if K+M found something strange / possibly illegal or embarrassing at the home when they arrived or shortly afterwards and they wanted assistance from a trusted male, but did not want law enforcement.

Any ideas what this could be?

(I do think the dog being lost is very plausible fwiw. It would also explain why a dog that had been around so much blood was soon released back to the public (hate to be morbid, and it may be an urban legend, but don't they generally not release dogs who have, uh, tasted human blood??) - he wasn't around the crime scene at all.)
We don’t know E and X left the party at 10, LE has said they went to it around 8-9, likely they stayed more than an hour.

Many reasons girls call a guy repeatedly in the middle of the night, sometimes drunk anyone can make the bad call to ring up their ex.
They could have also heard a noise or been afraid and called him instead of 911.

Never have I heard of a dog who has been around a bloody human body being an issue. They are domesticated pets, some stay by the side of their owners for days or weeks before owners are found dead. No, we don’t have to worry about this labradoodle becoming a flesh eating wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper