ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you speculate about the 2 surviving roommates were spared? Luck? Killer had no clue they were there? Their doors were locked?
Depends how one approaches and plays the qualifier in the sentence, "the roommates are believed not to have been involved."

I almost took it that way as well… just from the way he said it, it almost made it seem like the physical struggle or fight was part of the murders, as if the murderer struggled with a victim or two first and then began stabbing, vs. a fistfight or altercatioN which happened much earlier in the night.
I believe her father said that she fought in an interview a few days back.

Weird they would change it to earlier . Do they think that those calls then weren’t drunk dialing ??? Bc that time frame is in the middle of the calls they made to J
Now THAT timeframe I believe. It's like they are reading my posts. ..

(JK- I know that was posted before I mentioned, I just hadn't seen it)

Has it been verified anywhere where the two other roommates were earlier in the evening?

I know it has been established that they were at home at the time of the murders but any information on where they had been earlier in the evening? Or if they had been home the whole night and had people over?
Yes, I wonder if they had any friends staying with them that evening?

We know nothing about if the dog was there. Dog could have been at the co-owner that night.

Who took the girls home, and have they come forward?
Actually a reporter did tweet that “the dog has been returned to a secondary owner”. It was also posted In NYT that Kaylee owned the dog with her ex, Jack so he/his family would make sense as the “secondary owner”. There are still questions about the dog but the above info added with Kaylee’s sister saying K took him out after she got home seem to indicate he was at the house that night.

edited to add NYT link

I think they may have picked them up, yes. Does anyone know if the blue car parked in front of the house belonged to either Ethan or Xana?
MOO is the blue car belonged to Xana as it has an Arizona plate per all the videos on scene.
Wowza, I can’t be sure (because I’m no expert) but those burn out marks look like a vehicle leaving the area.
I’m sure there are others who would know better than I do.
It also sorta looks like the separation between the 2 marks would be from a bigger car/truck etc.
Or possibly wide-wheel base as seen in performance vehicles with sport suspension - i.e., Mustang, Charger, Camaro, etc. IMO --- possibly related and possibly just wild speculations I am drawing between things as when I isolated the taillights reflected in the shop windows from the food truck video I noticed seperate vertical bars in the tailights which reminded me of the newer Mustang tailights a lot...JMO of course
Oh *advertiser censored*. I had no idea about this. How does a rider know if they have gotten into one of these cars?
You don't unless you are being vigilant to match your driver's photo from the app to the person picking you up...in some cases could be hard to know for sure.

MOO is the blue car belonged to Xana as it has an Arizona plate per all the videos on scene.

Or possibly wide-wheel base as seen in performance vehicles with sport suspension - i.e., Mustang, Charger, Camaro, etc. IMO --- possibly related and possibly just wild speculations I am drawing between things as when I isolated the taillights reflected in the shop windows from the food truck video I noticed seperate vertical bars in the tailights which reminded me of the newer Mustang tailights a lot...JMO of course

You don't unless you are being vigilant to match your driver's photo from the app to the person picking you up...in some cases could be hard to know for sure.
Thank you.

What would you speculate about the 2 surviving roommates were spared? Luck? Killer had no clue they were there? Their doors were locked?
Any of those are definite possibilities, with another option being the murderer knew they were there but had no interest in killing them. That might have been the case if he only went there to kill one or two, had to kill the 3rd and 4th because he was confronted by them, and then left.

Can anyone from the US explain gun laws/access to guns in the state of Idaho. IMO the fact the perp(s) used a knife instead of a gun, in a country where guns are widely accessible, is interesting. A gun with a silencer (even an improvised one) would be less gruesome, quicker, and easier to commit four murders.

It potentially suggests the perp(s) have a fascination with violence and gore and possibly that they were younger than the legal age to own a gun, so instead opted for a large knife, which I assume is much easier to get your hands on. Either way I think this looks like an act of opportunity IMO, but likely someone who is or was familiar with the area as a student long ago, possibly regularly looks through dorm windows, a peeping tom of sorts, broken into homes before and had escalating behaviour.

Note: The reason I say perp(s) is because there may have been more than one involved, with one taking each floor and then leaving together, as others have pointed out four victims in such a short space of time is a lot and as there was no known sexual motive, which would typically be committed alone with the victim. There is also the incel angle, which has a loose sexual motive of wanting to kill pretty girls and possibly men who are associated with them.
It would be very hard for one person to kill four people with a gun without waking up the others before he got the job done. Plus, neighbors might hear.

So the msnbc news anchor just throws out that "nvestigators are just learning that there was a physical altercation before the murders" - she gives absolutely no further context and then she throws it to the guy on the scene and he does not mention it at all - hopefully we get more clarification on this.
Could have been someone was in the house or came into the house and was asked to leave and did not?

It would be very hard for one person to kill four people with a gun without waking up the others before he got the job done. Plus, neighbors might hear.
Plus we've got the dog somewhere near, and the still-living roommates, and the opening struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste