ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He entered through the slider in the back which was second level. Ethan and xana were on that floor. Kill them, then he went up stairs and that's where the others were.

Imho if the other couple was upstairs it might of ended up being six people. He didn't know the exact floor they/she was on
Starting to just feel like psycho vibes though idk imo
Yes. That’s kind of how I feel. Like the person wasn’t necessarily familiar w them or the house so they just got the first floor they entered then went upstairs where typically more bedrooms would be then left.

Question: Where did the 1:45 time , for all of them getting to the house, come from??
.......and how did the two young women leave the food area at 1:40 and get home at 1:45?
I’m guessing bc they have the ring footage of them coming home they know the time of it . They probably also had footage of Ethan and xana coming home as well

I haven’t a clue if it is blood or real or fake, but it isn’t only being reported by Daily Mail. it is a widely shown image. Does it look like rust streaks? No.

It was first published by Daily Mail. And we cannot be sure it is blood unless we see the test results. Many things can look like bloodstains, especially to an untrained eye.

I wonder if this J character has been spoken to. If the girls were reaching out to him for help he must feel terrible to have let their calls go unanswered. Alternatively, I can’t help but wonder and theorize if the calls were purposely placed to alert other roommates of J’s whereabouts within the house or to clue authorities in on a potential POI at the start of their inevitable investigation. This isn’t necessarily to cast J as a suspect. It would just be an interesting turn of events if the girls ended up making those calls to leave a digital clue of sorts behind.

/JMO
He was sleeping at the time.
We heard Kaylee’s sister say SHE found it. So what she first did with it, who knows.
Who's DM?

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Police have a glaring Gap in the timeline for Ethan and Xana.. Confirmed at the party till 10, then home at 145?

Why the 4 hour gap? Two others were home, college kids don't go to bed before 10 on a Saturday. They would of been on camera at the bar. The neighbor also had a ring camera that showed them being dropped off. So wouldn't it show Ethan? I'm the only one who seems to have picked up on this 3hr 45 minute gap in Ethan's/Xana timeline

This massive Gap and the multiple calls over and over between two girls to the J guy tells me the answer lies in there imo.

Did Xana/Ethan piss someone off? Did someone get rejected by the two girls at the bar? Was there some drama between all 4 of them at a 5th person?

Just conjecture but as experts stated,4 ppl on different levels with a knife is very personal almost certainly imo
Im thinking they brought home someone from the frat that started the party that the survivors heard( thus locking door) and then something happened - bad then girls got home - real bad just my opinion
My thoughts and prayers to all family and friends and hope that evil will be caught!

Last edited by a moderator:
He entered through the slider in the back which was second level. Ethan and xana were on that floor. Kill them, then he went up stairs and that's where the others were.

Imho if the other couple was upstairs it might of ended up being six people. He didn't know the exact floor they/she was on
Starting to just feel like psycho vibes though idk imo
Also did this person wait until they thought they’d be sleeping to make it easier?

Reactions: nao
Moo. The rule usually is in a shared house ..if you use the kitchen or common area you get a turn cleaning. Hence people will avoid the area, especially if the other roommates like to party...moo

I wonder how long it will take to decipher the various DNA samples. LE can have someone in mind but waiting for DNA.

Hopefully this case will be solved quickly. Been a while since a case hooked me...
Same. Last time I was here this much was in 2016 for the Missy Bevers murder (still unsolved.)
I'm here day and night on this one, too.

From the start I didn't think the two surviving roommates were directly involved and after creating the floorplan I can see why they possibly didn't hear anything. If the killer took the path in the attached image (the red line) they didn't even walk on the floor above either of their rooms. Not to mention, Bedroom #1 is right next to where the utility closet with the furnace is located so it's conceivable that the furnace was making noise assuming it was cold at the time. Also Bedroom #2 is very far from the assumed bedrooms of the victims. This also assumes that E+X were in Bedroom#3, M in Bedroom #5 and K in Bedroom #6 with Bedroom #4 being unoccupied. I also don't think the front door and lowest floor were involved at all. To me the killer was in less of the house then I initially imagined and probably for a shorter period of time as well. Whether this means he knew the layout of the house, I have no idea. All IMO of coursebl
My opinion only but I think Kaylee was killed first, and then Maddie, (which would be more risky since her bedroom is directly above another bedroom, potentially X+E's room). When stabbed, the murderer would have to put some weight on the knife and possible be on the bed restraining MM with his other hand? EC may have heard the thump and went to check on this as murderer is coming down the stairs and E was attacked possibly by the doorway of the bedroom, which looks to be visible from sliding doors (important later). Murderer then attacks X because obviously she's awake and would be a witness. At this point, murderer is caught off guard and leaves as soon as he can since the confrontation with E and X make a lot more noise than he planned. He doesn't risk going down to the main/lower level, because if he needs to make a quick getaway, the only one way out is back up the stairs to the front door to the street. Or if he thinks roomates may have called cops during all the commotion, cops would likely enter in the front door.

He leaves the house through the sliding doors back to the wooded area, and walks a bit to his car and drives off. I believe he had tactical gear or removable PPE that he was able to fold up, put in a trash bag, into his backpack.

The person that visits the house the next day tries to call one or some of the victims and gets no response which is odd. He goes to the house and goes to the back slider door, looks in, and sees Ethan lying across the room by the bedroom doorway. He (or she) then calls 911.

I believe the murderer has watched his intended victim(s) from afar, likely in those back woods behind/side of the house. He likely owns binoculars, tactical gear, night vision goggles, etc. He may even have gotten the trust of the dog during the times the dog was let out at night with high value treats in that bushy area. It's possible he's been in the house before, to do a trial run.

He feels very content with himself and feels giddy when he hears they have no leads or the wrong people are getting blamed.

This is how I'm envisioning it happening.

Well that's interesting. How does that compute with them being in bed when attacked? So much wrong information that it's hard to take anything at face value.

Though I am coming around that something hinky went on before the murders. For one, Ethan and Xana's timeline has that huge gap and their father believes they were home by midnight (I think) while LE said they got home two hours later? They left the party at 10pm and we don't know what they were up to between then and 2am.

Then you have the calls to J. I didn't think it was weird, but I actually do think Maddie calling three times in addition to Kaylee's calls is weird and indicates a rather urgent desire to get in touch with him. It almost makes me wonder if K+M found something strange / possibly illegal or embarrassing at the home when they arrived or shortly afterwards and they wanted assistance from a trusted male, but did not want law enforcement.

Any ideas what this could be?

Maybe Xana and Ethan's whereabouts were related to some after party, maybe at the house with someone(s) else. Maybe M&K walked in on this party. This would explain why neighbors reported a party and so did the roommates. Maybe something bad happened, but the girls still didn't think they were in physical danger, hence calls to BF.

(I do think the dog being lost is very plausible fwiw. It would also explain why a dog that had been around so much blood was soon released back to the public (hate to be morbid, and it may be an urban legend, but don't they generally not release dogs who have, uh, tasted human blood??) - he wasn't around the crime scene at all.)

Edit to add: Perhaps the calls to J were in an attempt to get him over to join some kind of afterparty...

I postulated a thrill killer earlier. Here is a link to the different subtypes of serial killers:

We do know based on the interview with the ME that they were stabbed multiple times each with one stab being the most lethal. She was asked if their necks were cut, and answered No.

A lethal stab to upper body would be directly into the heart or aorta, that is through the sternum/ ribs/ spine in back and takes a huge amount of force.

If it was a ka bar type rambo knife it seems long enough, is a combat knife so won’t break, and maybe has a guard to prevent slip- or with training someone wore gloves?
Some reports are saying they were asleep, others are saying there were defense wounds, hard to imagine.
Four people in three separate rooms, this murderer was in there for a while

Sickening to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members