ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not possible to begin WSU fall 2021 if he graduated DeSales May 2022.

Confirming he entered fall 2022.

You are correct - I had misinformation at that point. So he arrived in August or thereabouts and committed a quadruple homicide 3 months later.

I wonder if this is his first time really living away from home, being solo, having the actual opportunity. So reminiscent of Attias and Rodger at UCSB. The stories I'm hearing about KB's youth are chilling, really. Moderately red flags, but so many young people fall into the same category.

Where did he get his Master's in criminology? I thought DeSales didn't have such a degree. Is that confirmed and if so, where, please?

It's possible, but that would be lightning fast for a genealogical DNA hit. I take anonymous sources with a grain of salt.
Yep. I totally believe they had a full profile AND a suspect - and that they went to the suspect's home and got DNA from a car door or trash or whatever. Easy peasy. Even if just parental DNA, easy to connect him.

No need for genealogical research if you have the parents' DNA. From the trash. Or a car door. Or a McDonald's cup.

I doubt if Moscow would send anyone to Pennsylvania to process a car. Anyone like the Pennsylvania State Police can process the car but nothing earthshaking is coming out of the car except possibly the murder weapon. the car won’t be going anywhere. It can’t be hauled into a courtroom so photos will suffice.

What if the car has minute traces of the victims’ blood in the crevices of the upholstery? I’d consider that earthshaking. (Wouldn’t require that the car be hauled back to Idaho, of course, if that’s what the original question was.)

He could be vegan because he had to go hunting as a kid. We don't know much yet about his background, so it's premature imo to cross everything off the list.
Child hunter turned vegan turned killer. I doubt it but I guess anything is possible.

Since most hunters don't use a knife to kill game I don't see it as being very high on a list of attributes this killer has. JMO.

The way BK looks, he might a the guy next door, except for the eyes. The eyes <modsnip - off topic> most those of Malcolm McDowell in “A Clockwise Orange”, only in a darker version.
OCD that was mentioned in the article has two interesting prongs, JMO.
1) if OCD, could it, ultimately, be BK’s undoing? The need to wash hands or himself off? Maybe he left the house in such a haste because what he created was taxing on his OCD?
2) if, JMO, he merely had obsessive personality, then isolation could be a factor as instead of being distracted from his thoughts, he delved into them. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Newsweek's approach is reaching a bit, since Bundy probably killed 10X more women than
Kohberger, but its all about page views these days. MOO

From Newsweek:

"The suspected murderer of several Idaho college students is drawing comparisons to serial killer Ted Bundy after mugshots began making their way across the internet Friday.

The suspect arrested in Pennsylvania Friday—Bryan Kohberger—was a Ph.D. student in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at Washington State University, nearly 300 miles from Bundy's alma mater. Bundy received his undergraduate degree from the University of Washington, majoring in psychology, before moving on to law school at the University of Utah."

maybe the reporters are just reading what they see here and R. lol

The idea that not one person in BK's family's social circle has ever watched the news and connected that their son is at school 10 minutes from the most-covered crime story in 6 months is just wild.
Naah, it is not.
My fam knows nothing about the uni town I've been living in for 15 years (not 4 months). Sure, something very big on the national news, they might catch it. But not a random crime story.

Anything is possible, but he is a repeat offender, having killed before, and also beating his wife and her daughter in Poconos, PA.
'

A convicted killer​

'On the morning of June 19, 2007, Leonard shot and killed Tyler Lee outside his house in Genesee, according to an affidavit obtained by Fox News Digital.'
Idaho Student Killings: Bryan Kohberger Arrested In Pennsylvania does this mean there are two killers? Oh lord!
'A man was arrested in Pennsylvania Friday in connection with the killings of four University of Idaho students who were found slain in an off-campus house in mid-November in a brutal crime that left the small college community shaken and invited global interest into what led to the fatal stabbings.

Pennsylvania State Police identified the suspect as 28-year-old Bryan C. Kohberger who they say was arrested on a fugitive from justice warrant in Chestnuthill Township in Monroe County. He is waiting to be extradited to Idaho.'

I'm guessing that possibly one of his family members had their DNA uploaded to one of the sites that traces your DNA like Ancestry.com. Assuming that LE has access to those sites? JMO
I had my DNA done thru FTDNA and that took a few weeks for results, but after that I downloaded my raw data to GEDmatch and my results were returned in less than 24 hours.

I think we'll out he's a loner, not socially active. Maybe spends a lot of his time online, typical profile of these coward killers.

jmo

Maybe, a friend said he had a personality change during high school. Became bully-ish and aggressive. It was in the Daily Beast Link link I posted above.

He may be a coward, but I see him as more of a hunter of humans, with a personal agenda. Feeling of rejection?
No feelings? A Dexter of sorts? (T.v. Series serial killer, only he stalked bad guys w/his LE training)
----
Nick Mcloughlin, 26, who was friends with Kohberger in high school and vocational school, and had been following the Moscow murders, told The Daily Beast he was floored to see Kohberger had been arrested.

He described Kohberger as a “down to earth” member of his friend group who was overweight when they graduated junior year. But at the start of senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and turned “aggressive,” he said. He’d also picked up a new hobby: taking boxing classes.

“He always wanted to fight somebody, he was bullying people. We started cutting him off from our friend group because he was 100 percent a different person,” Mcloughlin said.

Asked what might have contributed to the change that summer, Mcloughlin said, “We have no idea.”

Mcloughlin went on to say that he and Kohberger would spend half the school day at Pleasant Valley High before heading to Monroe County’s vocational school, where they took classes related to heating and air conditioning work. He said Kohberger also took criminal justice courses to potentially become a cop.

Mcloughlin said the friendship ended when Kohberger began putting moves on his girlfriend. “He was, like, reaching out to her, saying, ‘I can get us a bottle and we hang out tonight.’”

Random, but he looks like his nose has been broken in the past and a significant break. I've broken mine a few times and it's mostly still straight. His looks like it should have been surgically repaired and wasn't. Wonder what happened?
It has been said that he took boxingessons in high school and a previous post said he boxed as a workout.

I'm guessing that possibly one of his family members had their DNA uploaded to one of the sites that traces your DNA like Ancestry.com. Assuming that LE has access to those sites? JMO
I had my DNA done thru FTDNA and that took a few weeks for results, but after that I downloaded my raw data to GEDmatch and my results were returned in less than 24 hours.

Not possible to begin WSU fall 2021 if he graduated DeSales May 2022.

Confirming he entered fall 2022.

You are correct - I had misinformation at that point. So he arrived in August or thereabouts and committed a quadruple homicide 3 months later.

I wonder if this is his first time really living away from home, being solo, having the actual opportunity. So reminiscent of Attias and Rodger at UCSB. The stories I'm hearing about KB's youth are chilling, really. Moderately red flags, but so many young people fall into the same category.

Where did he get his Master's in criminology? I thought DeSales didn't have such a degree. Is that confirmed and if so, where, please?

It's possible, but that would be lightning fast for a genealogical DNA hit. I take anonymous sources with a grain of salt.
Yep. I totally believe they had a full profile AND a suspect - and that they went to the suspect's home and got DNA from a car door or trash or whatever. Easy peasy. Even if just parental DNA, easy to connect him.

No need for genealogical research if you have the parents' DNA. From the trash. Or a car door. Or a McDonald's cup.

I doubt if Moscow would send anyone to Pennsylvania to process a car. Anyone like the Pennsylvania State Police can process the car but nothing earthshaking is coming out of the car except possibly the murder weapon. the car won’t be going anywhere. It can’t be hauled into a courtroom so photos will suffice.
For me, I think a jury will be highly impressed if DNA from the victims from blood cells is found in that Elantra.

Juries have a hard time understanding DNA, but they will understand this case. Having hard evidence that he had victims' blood in his car is the clencher, putting things beyond reasonable doubt. IMO. Highly valuable at trial.

No photos needed, just expert testimony and a description of the DNA sampling from the car. I wonder if it will light up with luminol or similar. At any rate, very hard to destroy all the DNA from blood.

In terms of how he was aware of them and targeted them, just from what little we've read about him in MSM, I can't really see how their paths would have crossed. He doesn't strike me as someone who would party at their place. I guess he could have frequented bars they did in Moscow? I am not sure about that either, though.

I wonder if he was acquainted with someone who lived near the victims. There was that apartment building next door - several articles have quoted residents who live there. For example, they talked to a couple apartment residents who discussed how quiet it was that night and that it was unusual. Neither of those apartment dwellers were undergrad students, so I think there were residents of that complex who were not students or could have been grad students. It's possible that a fellow student of his or acquaintance lived there or another house/apartment nearby and when visiting them, he was made aware of the residents in the King Road house, maybe because they were throwing a loud party or similar. He could have locked onto them that way, maybe even had a view into their house from wherever the acquaintance lived. This is all MOO and total speculation but I think not out of the realm of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay