ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the press conference when chief fry was asked if the community was safe, he said "We have an individual in custody who committed these horrible crimes". Is he allowed to definitively say BK is the killer like this? Could this violate his rights and cause an unfair trial? I do believe LE has strong evidence that makes them as certain as can be that he is the killer, but its the courts job to determine guilt, not LE.

Presumption of Innocence: "First, according to the United Nations Human Rights Committee, the presumption is breached where public officials prejudge the outcome of a trial (General Comment no. 13, paragraph 7). Public officials include judges, prosecutors, the police, and government officials, all of whom must avoid making public statements of the guilt of an individual prior to a conviction or after an acquittal. It is permissible, however, for the authorities to inform the public of the name of a suspect and that the person has been arrested or has made a confession, as long as the person is not publicly declared guilty (see the European Court of Human Rights case of Worm v. Austria, application no. 83/1996/702/894 [August 29, 1997], paragraph 52)."

I want to add that i'm not trying to be nit picky and I think LE has done a great job protecting the integrity of the investigation. I am just curious how/if he can say this.

Quick question... can I post a link to a FB news video on here? I've read all the rules & additional additional content specific posts but I'm still unclear on some news sources.....(I blame the blonde in my hair for that!).

What I'm wanting to post is a link to a news story posted on FB that has some additional info about the suspect arrested for this crime (including an interview with an acquaintance).

Figured I'd ask now, instead of taking a gamble by posting anyway & creating more work for the mods if not allowed.
If it's an official MSM FB post (i.e. Fox, one of the WR etc.) from their page then yes it should be fine.

You didn't see the report that he asked LE (when he was arrested) "Did you arrest anyone else?"

That is, so far, his only public utterance. Why would he ask that? I figure he might have been afraid that his parents would be arrested, is my null hypothesis right now. And maybe they did. And maybe they will be charged. We don't know. But BK is the one who put the idea in everybody's heads.

The other people involved do NOT have to have helped commit the murder. Maybe someone drove the Elantra that night. Maybe his parents knew he was the killer and harbored him. We do not know.

I am definitely speculating, but I think his question was intriguing (my guess is still that he worries that he has compromised his parents or other family members). Weird thing to ask, don't you think?
He’s also on suicide watch so did he say something to that effect?

Are there any tv shows tonight about this?

My 5p take on the "survey" was that it read as oddly amateurish and poorly-constructed for generating useful qualitative content. I'm a bit surprised that something like it would be approved for post-graduate release and am not sure how it would have passed required ethics boards or been deployed within subject populations (source: I research, teach and supervise at an R15 uni).

BK is likely IMO to a planning thrill-killer a la Stephen McDaniel, someone who sees himself though a Nietzschean and/or fanfiction lens, and for whom the act of murder is a heroic act of self-knowing, and the ultimate subversion of stuffy social mores blah blah blah.

It's all boll*cks of course, and he will also be the guy who gets het up about someone queue-jumping at an ice-cream stand, but my guess is that when the truth of his "** why ** emerges, it will be sad, stupid and self-glorifying, and won't enlarge human knowledge one whit.

And it was the white Elantra, after all. Fine work by LE and I look forward to the day when we can all forget BK and remember the dead.
I don't know anything about criminology but even I thought it didn't feel like post grad work.

Undergrad year 1 at best

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
When I opened my phone this morning, the word "Idaho" was trending at the top of my Google feed.

It has been a pretty big crime story from day one. It's got everything: Four college students savagely murdered (cue parents all over the country), killer on the loose (fear, fear of possie serial killer, likely stranger)

I've seen their faces on newsstands.

Last edited:
Reactions: KAE

1672447511647.png
''He faces four state first-degree murder charges and a burglary charge, the Latah County, Idaho, prosecutor said at a news conference. Pennsylvania State Police confirmed to the Statesman earlier Friday that Kohberger was taken into custody on a “fugitive from justice warrant” in connection with the homicides early Friday at a home in Chestnuthill Township in Monroe County, Pennsylvania.''

''A screenshot of Washington State University's website which showed Bryan Kohberger listed as a graduate student. Washington State University Kohberger was scheduled to appear in court at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday for an extradition hearing.''

''Kohberger, whom a Pennsylvania court record said is of nearby Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, is awaiting extradition from the Monroe County Correctional Facility.''

I had to duck out for a bit so don’t know if this has been posted.
The info about a 2015 Elantra comes from an official update on the Moscow PD FB page:

View attachment 391054

I cringe any time I hear LE talk about the large number of tips that came in. It's a defense lawyers dream since there is literally zero chance that they looked at all 19K of those tips in 7 or so weeks.

Are there any tv shows tonight about this? Sorry I accidentally posted this multiple times. Ugh!

The other victim Travis Juetten was vegan … I wonder if they ever crossed paths in the digital world or in a shop etc

As for the lady Sandra Ladd , my theory to link them was one of her family had crossed paths with the killer and

I’m sure the two 13thcases are linked

Last edited by a moderator:
I can totally see this:

1. I know very few people who literally watch news - my parents and a few people in their 70s and up. If you’ve cut the cord, you have to intentionally add a news app and then intentionally watch it; there’s no mindless TV in the background.

2. Major political things, noteworthy obituaries, and mass shootings are the things that tend to get pushed as phone alerts.

3. Users can select their news sources on Twitter; I did see NYT & CNN mention this case today…but I’m sure there are lots of people who limit their Twitter to local news or even no news.

4. If this case made magazines (I don’t know if it did), lots of people do curbside/delivery - so no reading at grocery check-out.

5. A lot of people just stream podcasts/music in car - no turning on the radio.
Guys, his actual neighbors in PA are now reporting that they actively followed the murders. His next door neighbor literally calls her husband over and says, "Guess what, Ralph! They arrested Bryan for those college murders in Idaho".

So the suspect had an apartment in Pullman Washington about 10-11 miles from Moscow Idaho. Could this explain the white Hyundai on camera speeding to Pullman Washington from Idaho that was caught on camera weeks ago?

Too early to say if he had accomplices but it is possible so I don’t know why some are ruling that out.
I wondered for awhile if he had a submissive or intimidated and not smart partner driving the car up and down Taylor. And if that person is still alive.
Can’t rule out an accomplice yet, IMO.

He’s also on suicide watch so did he say something to that effect?

No it's just a standard precaution nowadays, given murderers propensity for suicide after arrest. Plenty of criminals and killers have committed suicide while under strict suicide watch. It's really hard to stop someone from killing themselves if they're truly set on doing it in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom