ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reminder about the Jack in the Box bag. I still find it kinda odd.
MOO: JITB is not probably worth a 15 minute drive

When I was looking at the JITB and the back road route to the crime scene, I made some notes, one of which was the proximity of the Coffee House Apt. complex to the route. That was the apartment complex where the (36y/o?) guy was killed in the SWAT standoff a few weeks ago.

Wondering if there could have been any contact between the deceased Coffee House resident and Kohberger (in nearby Steptoe Apartments)

Reason I ask is Kohberger's question to police this morning, "was anyone else arrested?", perhaps as if he had either a conspirator, or confidante, or had planted evidence to set someone else up (as unlikely as that might sound). LE might have already had Kohberger in their sights when the other guy was killed in the standoff. Yes, I understand the past few years have seen crises increase, just the proximity of the apartments made me notice on the map (it was serious deja vu, like "I was just looking at this")

Probably nothing, moo

Not defending BK at all but when I was doing research papers in college, I frequently used instagram polls and google forms to collect data, if I knew more about reddit at the time, I probably would have used that as well. I don't think its thaaaaaaaaat crazy that he did this in his line of study, hindsight is 20/20 though.
i’ve had friends using facebook asking friends to do them too. Of course, reddit is more public forum than fbook/ig

True. Obviously his attorney would tell him to keep his mouth shut, but that doesn’t mean it happened. His DNA has no business being at that scene, so maybe he was smart enough to know he was done, and he wanted credit.
I think it was in his eyes the best night of his life, and he didn’t care if he bled during it. I think he expected to get caught. It wouldn’t be that hard for him to have gotten to a non-extradition country had he tried. He didn’t. He went to mom and dad in the Elantra … I think he loved taunting but expected ultimately to get caught. Let’s see what comes out.

This thread is moving fast and furiously so this question may have been answered. The murders occurred before Thanksgiving break, then it is my understanding students returned after Thanksgiving break until Christmas break, is this correct? Because although it seems like he beelined it out of the area after the murders, he would have had to have returned after Thanksgiving and was there until Christmas break. I am curious. If he did not return after Thanksgiving that would be interesting to note. But if he did, that too would be interesting to note for other reasons. Just wondering.

Yeah I want to know this too. They were asking for footage east of moscow so it seems like they saw the elantra heading that direction which would indicated he was heading to Pa. Then again, thanksgiving break didn't start until Nov. 21. WSU, I don't believe had the study from home option that ISU had after the murders so you'd think he would have had to head back to Pullman.

We do know more from LEO leaks to media.

They found him through his car and then they matched his DNA to the house.
I will be interested to hear where the DNA was. Did he cut himself? Not wear gloves and touch doorknobs? Loose hairs? It is nearly impossible nowdays to not leave some trace of DNA. Or now that I think of it, the Elantra could've been full of DNA. I am so, so happy that they caught him. So glad!

Orthorexia: Definition, Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment

https://www.healthline.com › Wellness Topics › Nutrition

However, for some people, a focus on healthy eating can become obsessive and develop into an eating disorder known as orthorexia, or orthorexia nervosa.

" Professor Snyder particularly enjoys teaching the courses covering the intersection of police work and the courts, particularly substantive Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure, Evidence, and the Courts in America."

So BK was a TA for some of these courses
Regarding the orthorexia. I have a nephew who announced he was vegan and then checked every box for this. He was literally skeletal at one point. Thankfully, he now has plumped up to a healthy slim and seems great.

Good info although I'm wondering if BK checked the boxes or his aunt thought he did.

JMHO

A now-deleted Reddit post indicates that, while at DeSales, Kohberger may have solicited information from people who had committed crimes for a research project. User Criminology_Student posted on Reddit, identifying himself as DeSales student Bryan Kohberger and saying he was seeking participants in a study “to understand how emotions and psychological traits influence decision-making when committing a crime.” “In particular, this study seeks to understand the story behind your most recent criminal offense, with an emphasis on your thoughts and feelings throughout your experience,” the post said. “In the event that your most recent offense was not one that led to a conviction, you may still participate.” The user said the study had been approved by the DeSales Institutional Review Board and provided real DeSales email addresses, including those of two criminal justice professors, for those with questions about the research. It then listed email addresses for the research team, which included Kohberger, identified as “student investigator,” and two principal investigators, both of whom are current faculty members. Neither responded Friday to the Idaho Statesman’s requests for comments.

<snip>

WHAT WERE THE QUESTIONS? Along with demographic questions, the survey asked participants about the actions they took and emotions they felt while committing the crime. Questions included: Did you struggle with or fight the victim? Did you prepare for the crime before leaving your home? Please detail what you were thinking and feeling at this point. How did you travel to and enter the location that the crime occurred? After arriving, what steps did you take prior to locating the victim or target (i.e., person or object)? Please detail your thoughts and feelings. Why did you choose that victim or target over others? Before making your move, how did you approach the victim or target? Please detail what you were thinking and feeling. What was the first move you made in order to accomplish your goal? Please detail any thoughts and feelings at this point. How did you accomplish your goal? Please explain what you were thinking and feeling. Before leaving, is there anything else you did? How did you leave the scene? After committing the crime, what were you thinking and feeling?
I haven’t been following this case closely, but as someone that has reviewed and approved student and faculty research (including criminal justice research) for over a decade, that study would/should have been a greater than minimal risk research study that was reviewed and approved by a full committee. Rarely is research is disapproved in my experience. We would try to help them re-design the study to mitigate risks (to participants’ privacy, emotional health, even criminal liability — there are legal protections researchers can apply for to protect participants from criminal repercussions that would be recommended in this study but are not that simple to attain). That said, I’ve never seen a survey with questions that raised so many red flags and I think the offices that I have worked for would require a lot of work to get it to an approvable state. I wonder how involved his PIs were in the research protocol. There are many disengaged professors that I’m pretty sure don’t even read their students’ research and still sign off on it. I don’t see how you could be a CJ professor (in particular) and not be concerned by that line of questioning. I will be interested to hear about the review and decision making process on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234