ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont young people text more than call...?

Last few years, I text more than call now, and I am old.
I stated yesterday that I did engage while in college to call repeatedly while I was drunk/hung over to my boyfriend at the time. A lot of alcohol consumption at this time makes young ppl emotional and in my case I just wanted to hear my boyfriend's voice for reassurance. I understand why she called him a lot that night. JMO

Well, speaking as someone who’s called 911 a lot of times, (car accidents,) I wouldn’t say that someone was dead unless I saw a severed head, or found skeletal remains. I’d want to get medical help, to either help or ascertain that the person was dead. (Sometimes even trained emergency personnel get it wrong, so a layman shouldn’t presume to say that someone is dead.)

So, ‘unconscious, lots of blood’ seems right to me. And I don’t know how the 911 person sends things out. Are there codes for various situations?
I’m also very interested to know exactly how 911 codes/dispatches various situations. “Unconscious” person would not be all the information that went out, I would imagine. 911 generally asks enough questions to the caller in order to assess the situation as best as possible while also getting the caller to safety. I’m sure also to give an alert to responders so they don’t get set up in a dangerous situation.

But that doesn't give the whole story. We know all that about Kaylee because her family has been very open. What about the others whose family hasn't told us as much. For example, I don't think we've heard anything from Maddie's family. What if she also had a recent breakup or what if she had a stalker or what if she was on the outs with her family? I've wondered about Maddie's family, honestly. They're the only ones I haven't seen anything from (if someone else has, please let me know). They may be just private people and they may be unwilling to divulge if Maddie had similar circumstances to Kaylee, which I understand and have to respect.

What if Ethan was part of a hazing incident and someone wanted revenge? What if there was a work-related dispute with Maddie and Xana at Mad Greek that we don't know about? What if someone was fired and that person blamed the girls for their firing? No evidence to support that, just my hypothetical to make the point that just because we haven't heard certain things doesn't mean they don't exist.

Bottom line, just because we know all the stuff we do about Kaylee doesn't mean similar circumstances don't apply to the others. It just means we haven't heard about it. I think it's still too early to determine the target.

MOO.
Too early to definitively determine the target? Yes. But as websleuths we can only go on what we’ve been told or uncovered. So I do agree with what was posted- that based on what we do know now, Kaylee is the most likely intended target. That could of course change as the investigation unfolds and law enforcement and/or family members of the other victims divulge more. But one thing we do know is that Kaylee’s bedroom was on the 3rd floor while Ethan and Xana were on the main floor. I think that fact alone at least makes it more likely that the killer went out of his way to murder Kaylee (and Madison) when he possibly could have just killed Ethan and Xana and quickly exited without going upstairs if one of them was the target. And if his goal was to murder everyone and there was no singular target, then why spare the two downstairs? Didn’t know about them? Locked doors? Possibly.

There are other possible solutions to this mystery that don’t involve Kaylee as the main intended target. I just think that at this point she seems to be the most likely target, based on what we know.

If one of my kids was even close to this mess, our 401k would take a hit for a stash of money. Better to have an attorney, and make sure that he is properly represented. This is way too big to just say, "I don't know, I was home asleep". That would be the end of the questions.

An attorney is not a sign of guilt. Too many people get twisted up in police questioning.
What would he say if the police said "We have cell towers showing your vehicle left King street at 3:30 and arrived at your home at 3:50? And we have your bloody clothes pulled from a dumpster on the corner?

That’s a brilliant point. Same thing happened to me, I got knocked down and thanked my assailant because I thought I fell and he was helping me up. Also I don’t remember screaming during multiple attacks except once. I agree with detective furman, One is too busy trying to escape alive usually. That could explain how the murderer managed to get in and out without a tremendous amount of noise. And the general confusion in the morning Until the blood was seen.
Yes, me too! I was driving on a busy motorway and it was raining heavily and a car about 3 car lengths ahead of me must have skidded and spun, and I saw it moving across the road perpendicular to the direction of the motorway. In my head I decided he had chosen to turn right to leave the motorway. But there wasn't even an exit there! Then, of course he hit the barrier ( luckily he was ok, we stopped to ask as we passed).

I have also reflected back on that incident and how my brain made such a ridiculous leap to normalise the situation!

Did they spectify it was surviving roommates phone? "Roommates" is vague. It could have been a phone of anyone who lived there.

I don’t think they have, and I had the same thought. Saying “roommates phone” could literally be any of the 6
Last night, the first release specified “roommates phone” and later they did come out and clarify that to read “surviving roommates phone”. I don’t have time to search for the links, but it’s all on this thread from around 9-11p EST

I don’t think they have, and I had the same thought. Saying “roommates phone” could literally be any of the 6
Update 8:28 p.m. ** CLARIFICATION ** The cell phone used to call 911 belonged to one of the surviving roommates. Due to the ongoing investigation, the identity of the caller has not been released.

Source Moscow police FB

I'm having a hard time seeing how a major altercation in the house fits in with the rest of it. I just don't see how there could be a major altercation in the house, then everyone jumps into bed immediately and quickly goes to sleep - then the perp walks in. Surely, any major altercation would have been followed by a lot of ruminating over it and sleep wouldn't happen for quite a while??

Well, I feel confident that if someone had, many people would be saying that it was a cold-blooded attempt to provide a reason for DNA to be present, etc.

And actually, what reason do we have for believing that no one tried to help? The ‘unconscious’ word? It’s extremely likely that no one on the scene was in any way qualified to pronounce death.

All MOO

Also, if there was any indication of someone being injured by someone else's hands, the first instinct would usually be to run away. MOO.

Another note, I thought it was really interesting how Kaylee’s dad was saying in the MSM interview up thread that she knew she was a very pretty girl and aware of dangers, and would take pics/video if she thought someone was maybe following her. Because it’s possible that’s exactly what she did in that food truck video.

But that doesn't give the whole story. We know all that about Kaylee because her family has been very open. What about the others whose family hasn't told us as much. For example, I don't think we've heard anything from Maddie's family. What if she also had a recent breakup or what if she had a stalker or what if she was on the outs with her family? I've wondered about Maddie's family, honestly. They're the only ones I haven't seen anything from (if someone else has, please let me know). They may be just private people and they may be unwilling to divulge if Maddie had similar circumstances to Kaylee, which I understand and have to respect.
<RSBM for focus>
Bottom line, just because we know all the stuff we do about Kaylee doesn't mean similar circumstances don't apply to the others. It just means we haven't heard about it. I think it's still too early to determine the target.

MOO.
JMO.

@BeginnerSleuther, since you asked above, I’m noting that in this interview

in response to a question about perceived safety (question starts 2:20), Kaylee’s mother says that Maddie’s parents have chosen not to speak publicly and have asked Kaylee’s parents to speak for them (excerpt 2:53 - 3:10).

The entire interview has good background on the Goncalves-Mogen family connections and Kaylee’s parents’ perspective on Kaylee’s relationship with her ex.

JMO.

I'm having a hard time seeing how a major altercation in the house fits in with the rest of it. I just don't see how there could be a major altercation in the house, then everyone jumps into bed immediately and quickly goes to sleep - then the perp walks in. Surely, any major altercation would have been followed by a lot of ruminating over it and sleep wouldn't happen for quite a while??

I hadn't read about a report of an altercation in the house. Do you have a link for that information? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8