ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blind rage / fury can make a person have another level of strength. It would be interesting to know the background of some of these players as it relates to anger and issues with anger. Surely someone capable of this would have some kind of history with anger management? moo

My first-year med school anatomy lab classmates would like a word... ;)

In all seriousness though, I agree with your overall point. I think this particular killer knew all the things you described. But I'm not sure any old person would know necessarily, unless they were planning to kill. Knowing these organs and vessels exist and their general location isn't the same as knowing exactly where to strike to strike them at once. It doesn't take much to aim for the heart and end up a centimeter (or even millimeter) short, for instance. JMO.
Until I read that article I had no idea, with the exception of cutting the jugular and stabbing the heart.

I actually found it fascinating how a slash in the “right” place could actually render someone unable to defend themselves.

IMO the average person would not know any of this.

MOO

What would he say if the police said "We have cell towers showing your vehicle left King street at 3:30 and arrived at your home at 3:50? And we have your bloody clothes pulled from a dumpster on the corner?
He doesn't have to say anything and I'm pretty sure his lawyer would tell him not to.

Random thought:

That CC side-chick-thing in Kelsey Berreth's case stopped at Sonic after that atrocity.

Lori Cox (she's not a Vallow or Daybell, imo) took kids to Burger King after the atrocity with Charles.

There's another case where an atrocity happened and the perp's first stop afterwards was at a McDonald's. I cannot, for the life of me, remember which case it was; where it was or who was involved.

Heck, even Darrell Brooks got a sandwhich from a good samaritan after his stupidity.

But, some cases make me ask 'what is it with eating afterwards?! How?! committing these heinous acts builds an appetite for quick, hot, junk food?! Hm, interesting. Maybe part of a pattern inside that type of mindset is hunger after an atrocity?

Moscow, ID, a small town I've never heard of leads me to say not too many quick hot drive-thru places open at 4-5am. So, a list of possible stops would be smaller vs a big metropolis.

The point I'm trying to reach: it would not suprise me one bit if the perp is on camera swiping a card (time-stamping his own stupidty) while in a drive-thru picking up food immediately after the atrocity, likely within a few miles of the site.

This is me projecting info from other cases onto this one, admittedly. But, I've read that timeline in multiple cases so much so I'd be more surprised if there is NOT footage of the perp sitting in a drive-thru waiting for food after this atrocity occured.

#checkthefastfoodlines

ETA: Nick Cruz went to Suway, got a drink. Then, he went and SAT at a McD's - don't think he ate from either place? While that's one more for the list/pattern it's still not the one on the tip of my brain. If anyone else can think of such a situation in another case, help a Porcelain out, 'cause now it's gonna bug me which case it was.

So true. Such a bizarre behavioral pattern. Great observation!

The Manson killers ate food at the victim's house as well after they killed them (I get they were more transient and living in the desert to actually probably really hungry) but still so bizarre to eat after carnage.

In truth, this might fit with targeted, and might fit with random crazy or hopped up on drugs person. If downstairs roommates doors were locked, and maybe x and e door was originally locked, and the upstairs doors were not locked, opportunity could have led to top floor being killed first, e or x hearing the noise, unlocking their door to investigate getting killed and remaining person getting killed.

If the pr today still says targeted, they have something that points to targeted and not random (the door just happened to be open when crazy person came by)

It can still be a stranger who targeted someone in the house.

Last edited:
Another note, I thought it was really interesting how Kaylee’s dad was saying in the MSM interview up thread that she knew she was a very pretty girl and aware of dangers, and would take pics/video if she thought someone was maybe following her. Because it’s possible that’s exactly what she did in that food truck video.
Food truck guy is currently not a suspect

Agreed. Not even anywhere near the level of seriousness, but earlier this week, I was at a social function, and afterward a woman tripped and bloodied her nose. There were a few of us there and we tried to help her, but there was only one person who really took charge of the situation and was effective rather than flailing around. (I'd like to think I am good in situations, but it was not me. I ended up just following her lead and was really impressed with how well she handled the situation.) I can't even imagine how much more magnified this would be at a murder scene.
I hear you, I get it, I would be flailing about with you. When I was 19, I worked as a front desk clerk at a hotel. My supervisor was smooth, calm and confident leaning towards cocky. Until one day someone had a seizure in the lobby and she looked at me, panicked, and said, "What do we do!?" I managed to call 911 but the role reversal was very confusing to me. Now I know better and realize we just don't know how anyone will react in a crisis until tested (hopefully never!)

For the roommate/whoever made that 911 call, my heart just really goes out to them. Zero judgement from me on anything they might of did/didn't do. Calling 911 alone is enough.

Yes! This is actually the case that I’ve been saying that made me think it. Laci’s mom vehemently defended Scott Peterson. Of course, if you put the pieces together, you know that she knew it was him and suspected him the whole time, but she was trying to maintain a cordial relationship with him. I’m sure the police say pretend that you believe him so that you can keep in touch with him and see what he says and does. Hoping that he slips up. That’s exactly who I was thinking of. And definitely she wasn’t the first and won’t be the last family member to do that.
Right? I was like, I've seen this before as a tactic. I'm hoping whoever is advising the local cops is familiar with this sort of crime and the idea of keeping your enemies close.

The article is behind a pay wall.. can you elaborate on what event it was that Ethan captured on his phone?
Not "THE" event, this event:
The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie’s sorority. “They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We’re all thankful that they spent that time together.”

Source

Last edited:
In truth, this might fit with targeted, and might fit with random crazy or hopped up on drug's person. If downstairs roommates doors were locked, and maybe x and e door was originally locked, and the upstairs doors were not locked, opportunity could have led to top floor being killed first, e or x hearing the noise, unlocking their door to investigate getting killed and remaining person getting killed.

If the pr today still says targeted, they have something that points to targeted and not random (the door just happened to be open when crazy person came by)

It can still be a stranger who targeted someone in the house.
I personally think it’s targeted just by the fact that it’s a crowded house full of young roommates who out of 5 roommates, someone is going to be awake almost each hour of the day.

A random attacker most likely wouldn’t enter a house like this where it’s not only crowded inside, but also a heavily populated area just off campus.

It has to be someone who knew the victims, and has also been inside the house before. IMO MOO

and this on September 13

BBM

22-M07793 Threatening

Incident Address: PARADISE CREEK ST; UI Rec Center

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: ACT

Time Reported: 19:47

Cad Comments: Male pulled a knife on female and her sorority sisters when they were walking back from crumble. Officers responded, report taken.
This is a great find @andalso. I can’t believe that there has not been more discussion about this incident.

Who pulls a knife on a group of sorority sisters? Am I correct in thinking this happened at 7:47 pm on the same day as the murders?

Wonder if LE knows who this man was, and if not, is there a composite, cctv, etc,?

All jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members