ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here and my first post. My questions regarding the Idaho student murders. Where is the owner of the house? Is there a property manager, a handyman to fix things...he would have access to the house and know the house layout. Maybe obsessed with one or two of the girls. A local handyman who lives in there area and knows the wooded area. I sure many locals have the type of knives used in the murder's. He would know the code to they keypad aswell.

Sorry if this has been missed or spoken about. What are peoples thoughts on the kitchen stools that are seen jammed together to obstruct entry into the kitchen sliding door?
Wow, good catch. Now that is creepy. Looks definitely put there so doors couldn't be opened :( OR the girls did that if the lock maybe didn't work or something? I have to wonder how planned out this may have been now if done by the perp. Tactical move?

And they left after calling…….
Im replying to my post.. earlier i had read that survivors slept in causing the delay in 911 call, then i read that they were not home when LE arrived leaving me to ..gasp!.. speculate that they made call then left ! Well none of that is true so shame on me for drawing conclusions! My apologies

I personally think it’s targeted just by the fact that it’s a crowded house full of young roommates who out of 5 roommates, someone is going to be awake almost each hour of the day.

A random attacker most likely wouldn’t enter a house like this where it’s not only crowded inside, but also a heavily populated area just off campus.

It has to be someone who knew the victims, and has also been inside the house before. IMO MOO
Well, Ted Bundy did just the thing. So I wouldn't be so sure.

Wow, good catch. Now that is creepy. Looks definitely put there so doors couldn't be opened :( OR the girls did that if the lock maybe didn't work or something? I have to wonder how planned out this may have been now if done by the perp. Tactical move?
If you look at original police photos the chairs are upright LE may have laid them down to prevent agents from opening that door in moo

I do note that LE in this case do not release the names of people where they have stated they "don't believe this person was involved". I'm actually glad for that. How do you think anyone who was in the house, dropped anyone off, didn't answer a phone FEELS right about now if they are not the guilty party?

It's just kind of nice , to me, that they aren't dragging everyone through the mud.
Thank you Ghostwheel. Bringing your post to the fore because that's how we'd like our Websleuths members to deal with this discussion too ... by not "dragging everyone through the mud".

We aren't here to help ruin the lives of innocent people.

Please post responsibly as if the person you are talking about, who very well may be innocent, is your own child whose name has been tossed into the lion's den.

Was the perp worried about a camera inside the house? If not, why not? Did he know there was no security camera on the premises? Did he wear a mask of any kind? To spend that much time in the house - enough time to kill four adults, he didn't seem like he was in that big of a hurry to get out. I would guess there was no camera in the house or otherwise LE would have a clearer idea on suspect(s)?
I don’t know many people
Who have cameras inside of their house . Outside yes but I’ve never heard of any of my family or friends having one inside

direct link to research showing HOW VERY RARE IT IS FOR THIS MURDER OF YOUNG COLLEGE WOMEN NOT TO INVOLVE SEXUAL ASSAULT.
They were more than ten times more likely to have been sexually assaulted and murdered than simply murdered.
...snip
This study does not in any way show what you concluded, "How very rare it is for this murder of young college women to not involve sexual assault!"

It actually says, "Sexual homicide is generally viewed as a statistically rare crime."

The study extracts all sexually-related homicides from a database of all homicides, and then statistically analyzes that extracted subset. It's like saying we looked at all pink houses, and these are the different ways in which they are pink.

If you wanted to determine "How very rare it is for this murder of young college women to not involve sexual assault," you need some different denominators which they do not include in this research paper.

If forensics tells me it’s not, then okay. Otherwise this surely looks like blood to me. Horrifying..
Moo
View attachment 381180
I don’t see what else it could be…doesn’t look like paint at all but I suppose there’s a possibility it could be. I’ve never ever seen rust look like that or some other type of residue from a pipe or something

I find it odd that Maddie's room doesn't appear to have a window. I wouldn't like to sleep in a room without a window. Where I live in Ontario, it's illegal to classify a room without a window as a bedroom since there is no egress. If they were short one room mate she didn't opt for the one on the second floor with a window. If she and Kaylee were such good friends I can see how she may have slept in the room with K, especially after reviewing the Grub Truck video she was seriously intoxicated. May be she threw up in her own bed and went to sleep in K's.

I wondered initially if the killer was someone well known to at least one of them, maybe an ex boyfriend or something. But now I wonder if the killer is someone that is known peripherally to some of the house mates, maybe someone who works in the same environment as them but not an interactive worker or someone who attends the same courses as them. I also find it concerning that there is some pretty advantageous sightlines that make it really easy to spy on them from the rear part of the property where most of the trees and foliage is. I believe the assailant came in through the second floor sliding doors. If they had a peeping tom viewing the home from the hill behind the house, they'd have a perfect view of Kaylee's bedroom and no view of Maddie's bedroom.

I believe the assailant came in through the second floor sliding door and that X and E were collateral damage. E because he may have woken up and called out or confronted the person and X because she was in the room with E.

Edited to correct Xana's initial

Last edited:
I personally think it’s targeted just by the fact that it’s a crowded house full of young roommates who out of 5 roommates, someone is going to be awake almost each hour of the day.

A random attacker most likely wouldn’t enter a house like this where it’s not only crowded inside, but also a heavily populated area just off campus.

It has to be someone who knew the victims, and has also been inside the house before. IMO MOO
I don't disagree, I just remember Ted Bundy, so try to think of all possibilities

I thought the two surviving roommates came home prior to the murders, and woke up later that morning, then called 911 based on seeing someone "passed out" on the floor? Info. from article here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johndavid125