ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo..the usual wording i hear on scanners is "unresponsive" only the ME get to say dead. I too found a neighbor dead..there was dried blood, their body was in an awkward position...and they were very very still..as in not breathing. I could tell right away they were dead.I did not touch them or go right up to 5hem even though i was asked to on phone. I actually used their phone to call the police..did not really think about it. Police and ambulance came no sirens..police went in first..not sure if ambulance people went in..i was talking to police. But the ambulance left quickly..without body..the police stayed. It was an accidental fall...but the rumours and side eyes..made me very unhappy....moo

No sexual assault could indicate a female killer. Just another wrinkle maybe.

Can you imagine the DNA collected from that house?

Various roommates coming and going, friends visiting, parties etc. The forensic logistics are probably a nightmare.

Moo
It’s something to consider. It depends upon the killer’s motivation, or the why. Sometimes the why doesn’t make much sense. Just wanted a thrill, I’m an evil person, etc. Other times the killer is pissed off by something that happened. We shall see..

No, ditched it prior to the planned murder of one, which ended up being four murders, and thus had no phone upon returning to crime scene to 'discover' body.
I understand. I had been thinking about why he would not have his phone handy the next day. Somehow, that hadn't occurred to me, lol.

I’m new to this case. Just some random thoughts. The dog, and the ‘skinned’ dog. The killer knew there is a dog in the house. On sex assault, I’m leaning to female killer, no dic no assault. The person knew the place…been there before. Possible didn’t know there were 2 other people in the house b/c only 4 came into house together.. killer was outside waiting… may have followed them home .. if I’m way off, just ignore:)
Aren’t there conflicting accounts about the dog being there? Many are saying that Jack (Kaylee’s ex) had the dog.

Kaylee's parents have been so willing to give statements to various news media. I think their openness will have a positive effect on the investigation.
I would be interested to know whether they spoke because they were frustrated and if LE ever suggested they not speak or share information. I am a firm believer in the facts of the case needing to stay close to the vest.

Although I hope they have a suspect in mind (even better, in custody), I have a feeling the presser today will be an update of sorts, maybe dispel some rumors, and another opportunity to ask for the video footage they asked for yesterday. What makes me think this is that they already have another one scheduled for Wed. and I feel like family would at least be notified if someone was in custody, yet the cousin was going around door to door to hand out flyers (posted upthread).

I'm assuming they are processing the cars as evidence. It was probably a priority to process the actual crime scene and collecting DNA/photograph evidence to preserve the integrity of the scene since no doubt more and more investigators would be required to go through the house which poses more opportunities for contamination or disruption.

I'm specifically thinking about the complicated investigation that will revolve around blood cast-off since we have multiple stab wounds. That kinda investigation takes a lot of physical mapping in the crime scene which destroys a lot of trace evidence. So pictures and DNA go through first because blood forensics starts mapping out angles and paths.

The cars were probably a secondary investigative priority since the crime didn't happen there, and is unlikely to have much to do with the murder -- although it obviously could. I'm assuming they want to get the vehicles out of there soon, so they're processing them to return them to the remaining surviving roommates and the victim's families. I am thinking this white car might be belonging to one of the survivors?

Parked right behind the red jeep was the SUV registered in WA so it would make sense that was Ethan. We already know that the Range Rover was Kaylee's (dang! She sure was doing well for herself, even if it was used!!!) I think the blue civic with the AZ plate was Xana's. I'm not sure if Maddie had a car or not.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.

There are new replies suggesting that the lack of sexual assault (or evidence thereof) could indicate a female killer. As others have suggested, the lack of sexual assault does not eliminate the possibility of a sexually motivated crime, wherein the killer(s) derive sexual pleasure from the violent crime itself. IMO, I don't think the lack of sexual assault suggests a female killer and it certainly doesn't rule out a sexually motivated crime.

I would be interested to know whether they spoke because they were frustrated and if LE ever suggested they not speak or share information. I am a firm believer in the facts of the case needing to stay close to the vest.
I definitely believe LE need to keep the facts of this case close to the vest. What the victims' family decide to say when asked is entirely up to them.

Or possibly the killer stepped in the blood and they have footprints within the house ?

I'd like to know if LE have requested any footwear ... from anyone ?
Does anyone else besides me think that there might not be any bloody footprints? Most were killed in their beds. And unless there was that alleged "physical struggle" where blood could have been spilled, I don't think footprint evidence will be a big factor in the case.

I think it's really odd that K's car has been sitting in the same place all week. I just can't figure out why the car hasn't been put on a trailer and taken to a police garage to have a thorough going over. Do they have the key to the vehicle?
They often keep cars at the scene for an extended period of time until they can be processed. LE has kept the perimeter secure so there was no threat of people playing with them. It's usually a priority to process the crime scene first, and then personal items (like cars) can be dealt with after. I knew of a young woman who was murdered similarly at the edge of campus. Their roommates weren't allowed to retrieve any personal items for over a month and didn't get their cars back for weeks.

I think it's really odd that K's car has been sitting in the same place all week. I just can't figure out why the car hasn't been put on a trailer and taken to a police garage to have a thorough going over. Do they have the key to the vehicle?
Perhaps the house search and its forensics took up all the time BUT with all the LE help, I would assume the cars would have been towed by now to a LE garage for tests JMO

Dont you need a password to connect to a wiki? Technology has changed on me.

I am so confused. Only wiki I use for my cell is in my home, or AT&T service...what am I missing?

I think the point is that when you hang out with people in their homes, you tend to collect their Wi-Fi passwords. And—your phone saves them.

So, if you came over, not intending at the time to murder anyone, your tattletale phone might likely log onto their WiFi automatically.

I'm looking for the post here in this thread that stated the male victim was found in a hallway ?
And a link if possible, thanks in advance !

I thought the lady coroner who was interviewed in the last thread before this said they were found in their beds and were asleep when attacked ?
M00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member