ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested to know whether they spoke because they were frustrated and if LE ever suggested they not speak or share information. I am a firm believer in the facts of the case needing to stay close to the vest.hoo
I would be interested to know whether they spoke because they were frustrated and if LE ever suggested they not speak or share information. I am a firm believer in the facts of the case needing to stay close to the vest.
Good point being that they made it clear that LE is very much focusing on Jack.

The way I understand it is that there were 2 bedrooms on each floor. Did the 2 girls share the same 3rd floor room? I keep seeing it posted like that. If so, and if the killer knew them, he could have easily hidden in the "spare" room. Maybe they shared the same bedroom as one was visiting for the weekend.
There are 2 bedrooms on each floor with a shared bath no they did not share a room
Did they spectify it was surviving roommates phone? "Roommates" is vague. It could have been a phone of anyone who lived there.
I have heard it was a friend that called 911. the friend had come over

<RSBM for focus>

JMO.

@BeginnerSleuther, since you asked above, I’m noting that in this interview

in response to a question about perceived safety (question starts 2:20), Kaylee’s mother says that Maddie’s parents have chosen not to speak publicly and have asked Kaylee’s parents to speak for them (excerpt 2:53 - 3:10).

The entire interview has good background on the Goncalves-Mogen family connections and Kaylee’s parents’ perspective on Kaylee’s relationship with her ex.

JMO.
I can understand why they are staying private. They may be just be quiet, private people to begin with. While everyone of these families are devastated, Maddie is the only one of the four that was an only child. They lost their only child. I would probably be catatonic.

I definitely believe LE need to keep the facts of this case close to the vest. What the victims' family decide to say when asked is entirely up to them.
Agreed to an extent. But I will say if you have no experience following cases, and are emotional and angry you may not realize the harm you can do to a case by speaking out or doing other things on your own. Unfortunately, the family is not always privy to what is actually happening in a case. Many in the true crime world really need to remember how easy it is to actually harm a case or a prosecution. I am talking in generalities of families and not basing this on what has been said in this case. MOO.

Although I hope they have a suspect in mind (even better, in custody), I have a feeling the presser today will be an update of sorts, maybe dispel some rumors, and another opportunity to ask for the video footage they asked for yesterday. What makes me think this is that they already have another one scheduled for Wed. and I feel like family would at least be notified if someone was in custody, yet the cousin was going around door to door to hand out flyers (posted upthread).
Agreed. No suspect's name will be released, no arrest. With all the focus on the case they can't keep secrets like that easily. Look at Delphi, they announced an arrest, then a few days later had the presser.

I keep reading that Xana and Ethan were at the frathouse until 10 PM. That is a long time before 1:45, when they all were cited as arriving back at the house at about the same time. Has anyone heard about their activities in the interim?

I can understand why they are staying private. They may be just be quiet, private people to begin with. While everyone of these families are devastated, Maddie is the only one of the four that was an only child. They lost their only child. I would probably be catatonic.
Oh my god, that is extra devastating. Maddie's family also probably feels well-represented by the Goncalves' as well... Considering Maddie and Kaylee were lifelong friends. They are likely communicating for Maddie, as they have stated several times they lost two children/siblings. That allows the Mogens to grieve while the Goncalves' can coalesce around one another.

I keep reading that Xana and Ethan were at the frathouse until 10 PM. That is a long time before 1:45, when they all were cited as arriving back at the house at about the same time. Has anyone heard about their activities in the interim?
No, that might be one of the topics in the presser today I presume.

No sexual assault could indicate a female killer. Just another wrinkle maybe.

Can you imagine the DNA collected from that house?

Various roommates coming and going, friends visiting, parties etc. The forensic logistics are probably a nightmare.

Moo
I don't really have an opinion either way, but when you consider what women did at the Tate-LaBianca crime scenes, it's a sick, cold reminder that women are just as viciously capable with a knife, as men.

jmo

Last edited:
There are 2 bedrooms on each floor with a shared bath no they did not share a room

I have heard it was a friend that called 911. the friend had come over
So they were found in different rooms on the 3rd floor? Is that a known known?

I wonder if Kaylee visiting for the weekend has some importance? Could her presence have angered someone?
I have tried to read most of the thread but have not seen the source that states Kaylee was no longer a resident of the house. If she was graduating in December & her post-college job in Texas was to start in 2023, why would she move out before finals?

Anyone who can provide a link to this info is much appreciated. I find it confounding, especially if her dog was staying at the house. Is this dog the one shared with J? Or were they still arguing over an animal housed at his place?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member