Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We have no way of knowing his mental state - drink/drugs/anxiety - at the time he left. His conversation with Lucy doesn't seem to have been the most coherent. Maybe he just saw the coast and kept going down, thinking no further than that. She was obviously concerned about his ability to manage, from the speed with which she mobilised services.
I haven't seen much about Lucy, but I have to say that no matter what her possible involvement in the party scene/drugs MAY have been (since we don't know one way or another about any drug use, etc by her), but I have to say that I was very impressed by her quick action in trying to get help for her friend - especially for someone so young knowing enough to reach out to the British Embassy. She sounds like a smart girl and a good friend.

Why would someone go into hiding?

Hiding is a learned behavior that kept us safe when we were little. Our body and mind does what it was programmed to do for emotional survival. Some people might go into hiding so they won't be found by someone who has harmed or threatened them. Other people aren't necessarily in hiding but are trying to avoid being found by specific people who have legal claims against them.

Last edited:
It was worn over his shoulder and around part of his neck, so it's going to bounce around while you're dancing, because it's not attached to anything.
If it was almost flat to the body, why bother with it, when you could easily keep your belongings in a less obvious place?
These bags seem to be very popular with young men at the moment. Jay was wearing shorts and t shirt, the bag is easier for him to keep phone, money etc zipped up without the worry of losing stuff.

Based on all the MSM links on the 4 threads I have tried to put a timeline together. I've not re-attached the links as there are quite a few but am happy to do so if mods require. I have done this to see if i can see any glaring contradictions in any of the accounts and i cant see any.

On Saturday the 15th of June Ayub Qassim and a second unknown male book into their accommodation in Masca. The booking is made under an alias and the pair have booked the accommodation until Monday the 17th of June when they are due to leave. (Manchester Evening News).

At 2035 hours on Sunday the 16th of June Jay can be seen laughing and smiling on Snapchat images. (Manchester Evening news).

Throughout the evening of Sunday the 16th of June and the early hours of Monday the 17th of June further snapchat images and video’s capture Jay at the NRG festival. In one image he appears to be walking past his friend Lucy Law. Jay can be seen on one video with an odd facial expression which has led to speculation that he was under the influence of drugs as well as alcohol. On another video Jay can be seen falling over. (Manchester Evening News and Daily Mail).

At some point Jay's friend Lucy Law leaves the festival stating “Id left the festival to come back to my hotel early because I was tired. Jay had stayed on with 2 new friends he made and a guy we had come with so there were four of them. I think those friends were British, although when I left the festival everyone was just mingling around”. (Manchester Evening news).

It is believed that one of these males was Ayub Qassim.

The NRG festival closes at 0300 hours. Shortly after it closed a fight broke out outside during which it is alleged that a Rolex watch was stolen. (The Independent).

Ayub Qassim is interviewed by ex Met detective Mark William Thomas. Qassim tells MWT that Jay wanted to carry on partying and has nowhere to stay and so Qassim invites Jay to his accommodation in Masca. Qassim drives back in a rental vehicle. They set off at 0400 hrs (Manchester Evening News). The unknown male is in the passenger seat and Jay is in the back. According to MWT the trio listen to music and stop off at a cafe / shop just outside the mountains to get a drink. (The MWT video suggests this was at Santiago Del Tiede). During this journey Jay sends a snapchat picture of himself and is reported to have messaged friends telling them he had stolen a Rolex watch worth £12000. (Daily Record)

On arrival back at the accommodation Qassim tells MWT that the unknown male went straight to bed. He states that he and Jay went upstairs where Qassim gives Jay a towel and a blanket. He tells jay he can use the shower and sleep on the sofa. Jay asks Qassim for a cigarette and Qassim puts a Camel cigarette on a piece of furniture for Jay. Jay then asks for a phone charger. Qassim tells MWT he responded “GO INTO MY FRIENDS ROOM, HE’S ASLEEP YOU CAN TAKE HIS CHARGER AND PUT YOUR PHONE ON CHARGE, THERE WAS NO CHARGING POINT BY THE SOFA”. Qassim then goes to sleep. (MWT press release).

At 0600 hours neighbours report a noise coming from the accommodation.

At 0730 Jay sends a snapchat photograph from the doorway of the accommodation of him smoking a cigarette. Parque rural de Teno is written over the photograph. (BBC)

Qassim continues his account to MWT. Qassim states he was awoken by the doorbell. Jay asks what the noise was and Qassim explains it is the doorbell. Qassim answers the door and he is met by a man and a woman who gesture for him to move his car. As he does so he see’s Jay talking to a woman.

The woman is likely to be Ophelia. She states that at 0800 hours Jay was stood at the bus stop and asked her twice when the bus came. Twice she told him “at ten o’clock”. (Manchester Evening News and daily mail).

Qassim continues his account to MWT stating Jay told him there was a bus every 10 minutes. Qassim tells Jay to chill and he will “DROP HIM OFF IN TOWN WHEN HE WAKES UP PROPERLY”. Jay declined this offer saying he needed to get some scran (food) and there was a bus every 10 minutes. Qassim told Jay there was no bus coming, he told Jay that this was his green door if he needed him. Jay then walked off.

A short time later Jay is seen walking off normally but fast by Ophelia. (Manchester Evening News and daily Mail).

At some point between 0800 and 0900 Jay contacts Lucy (her account changes regarding the specific timing depending on which article you read, the earliest report is 0800 and the latest is 0900 but it is widely accepted Jays phone dies at 0850). In her initial account to the media Lucy states that the accommodation was in the middle of nowhere. She reports that Jay was on 1% battery, needed a drink of water and “didn't know where he was”. In later reports Lucy says Jay had been cut by a cactus and in one of the last reports available she quotes “He just said to me I need a drink, it's really hot. I don't know where I am and my phones going to die”. Lucy told Jay to go back but he said he couldn’t because he didn’t know where he was. Lucy said he sounded distressed but didnt know if this was because he had no water or because of something else. The phone call then terminated. On Qassim and his unknown friend Lucy said that she didn't know much about them but Jay had befriended them during the holiday. (Daily Mirror, Manchester Evening news).

At some point (i cannot find a record of the time). Jay contacts his friend Brad. Brad states Jay is in good spirits so i believe its likely the contact was before the contact with Lucy. Jay said look where I am. Brad said he (Brad) had just come out of a festival. Brad said Jay had gone over “a tiny little drop” and it sounded like he was walking on gravel or stones. Brad states Jay hung up because Jay thought someone was ringing him. Brad states that he asked Jay to put his location up and it was a 14 hour walk or a 50 minute drive (this has been reported as a 15 minute drive but having listened to the interview and living in close proximity to Brad I am certain he says 50 minutes but this is lost in translation with the reporter). (This Morning).

Jays phone dies at 0850. (Manchester evening news)

At 0904 hours Tenerife Police receive a Missing Persons report. (Manchester Evening News).

Lucy it seems reported the matter to the police over the phone but its likely communication problems meant only partial details were taken as later that day she felt the need to actually attend a Police Station. In the interim time Lucy seeks help on Facebook. She gets the help of an American lady from a facebook group. The American lady drives Lucy to Masca where Lucy is able to identify Qassims accommodation from the snapchats sent to her by Jay. On finding Qassim Lucy describes that he and the unknown male are surprised they have been found. They tell Lucy that Jay went to look for cigarettes and then went to get the bus back home. (Manchester evening news).

Later in the morning Qassim states he receives a phonecall from one of Jays friends stating Jay is in a ditch somewhere and has been cut by a cactus. (MWT interview).

There are 2 reported sightings of Jay both at 1800 hrs. In one sighting he is said to look “worse for ware” and the second sighting is outside a church in Santiago del teide. (Manchester Evening news).

At 0217 hrs on the 18th of June tenerife Mountain rescue are notified. (Manchester Evening news).

Paul recorded over 40 minutes of his walk, by which stage the road has turned to dirt and no buildings mark the rough, mountainous landscape.

As the TikToker zooms in on a ruin of a building, the brays of an unseen goat can be heard.

Paul narrates that there are black goats roaming the mountains as he gets to the end of his walk, where the path dwindles off into an even rougher track.

Footage of a internet sleuth retracing Jay Slater's last steps

As Paul zoomed in on this crumbled building, he heard a wild animal

Paul recorded over 40 minutes of his walk, by which stage the road has turned to dirt and no buildings mark the rough, mountainous landscape.

As the TikToker zooms in on a ruin of a building, the brays of an unseen goat can be heard.

Paul narrates that there are black goats roaming the mountains as he gets to the end of his walk, where the path dwindles off into an even rougher track.

Footage of a internet sleuth retracing Jay Slater's last steps's last steps

Wild goats are a new element in our discussion.

Speculation about the significance of the accommodation to the search for Jay intensified after men in plain clothes believed to be forensic officers were spotted leaving the property in the rural Masca area with forensic-style blue slip-ons over their shoes last week.

As efforts to find the missing teenager ramped up Casa Abuela Tina disappeared from Airbnb’s listings.

However, it has subsequently reappeared on the holiday accommodation reservation site booking.com with the same pictures although there were no dates available to book, which the Express was able to confirm was a genuine, vetted listing.

Footage of a internet sleuth retracing Jay Slater's last steps's last steps

Wild animal cries !! FGS It was a Goat

I noticed in this article when discussing the legality of the cannabis clubs in Tenerife it mentions kick backs I assume it means back handers ,hush money etc if this was the practice and does mention mafia threats to burn down businesses that didn't co operate now my understanding is that this is usually done in a chain so businesses pay mafia ,mafia pay law enforcement to turn a blind eye and so forth and somebody linked and article about the owner of the AirBnB was a former mayor and done on corruption charges so I wondering was he on this payroll a lot of drugs come in by the sea and mostly under the cover of darkness I'm wondering did ayub rent so remotely to over see a shipment (smugglers have secret routes that are normally hidden and inaccessible)and maybe jay seen or heard too much and obviously with bragging on Snapchat about stealing a watch shortly after said alleged theft was deemed not able to keep his mouth shut and made dissappear at sea I just feel if jay was in the area were his phone pinged and its an exact location /area and if he was dead out in the open the smell of the decaying process would be noticed by now either by bird or animal /insect activity or by somebody smelling it , I don't like typing this but a rottening corpse smells putrid and cannot be missed I know some have mentioned Dr moselys case (I will add link) and it was reported that it was the glinting of his watch that located him in the end but there is lots of people besides the family and supporters,that are hiking in the area I find it unusual that after so many weeks he has not been found

Screenshot_20240711_162518_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

I noticed in this article when discussing the legality of the cannabis clubs in Tenerife it mentions kick backs I assume it means back handers ,hush money etc if this was the practice and does mention mafia threats to burn down businesses that didn't co operate now my understanding is that this is usually done in a chain so businesses pay mafia ,mafia pay law enforcement to turn a blind eye and so forth and somebody linked and article about the owner of the AirBnB was a former mayor and done on corruption charges so I wondering was he on this payroll a lot of drugs come in by the sea and mostly under the cover of darkness I'm wondering did ayub rent so remotely to over see a shipment (smugglers have secret routes that are normally hidden and inaccessible)and maybe jay seen or heard too much and obviously with bragging on Snapchat about stealing a watch shortly after said alleged theft was deemed not able to keep his mouth shut and made dissappear at sea I just feel if jay was in the area were his phone pinged and its an exact location /area and if he was dead out in the open the smell of the decaying process would be noticed by now either by bird or animal /insect activity or by somebody smelling it , I don't like typing this but a rottening corpse smells putrid and cannot be missed I know some have mentioned Dr moselys case and it was reported that it was the glinting of his watch that located him in the end but there is lots of people besides the family and supporters,that are hiking in the area I find it unusual that after so many weeks he has not been found
View attachment 517011
If he is in the mountain, he could have fallen off a ledge and remained unseen in undergrowth, or just in a completely inaccessible bit where no one would go.

Lots of cases where hikers etc have been found year later by accident. Jay wouldn’t be the first not be found. If he’s in the mountains.

These bags seem to be very popular with young men at the moment. Jay was wearing shorts and t shirt, the bag is easier for him to keep phone, money etc zipped up without the worry of losing stuff
Christ how times have changed. Back in my youth if anyone of that age carried a glorified handbag they'd be beaten up. And don't get me started on selfies

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca
Back