ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaylee’s sister said that those 10 phone calls were made, so I assume she has access to the phone records. Did she say whether J ever called back in the morning when he woke up? Did he ever return the calls?
No according to her sister he never answered.Maddie also tried to call him around the same time and he never answered.

I don’t know many people
Who have cameras inside of their house . Outside yes but I’ve never heard of any of my family or friends having one inside
I own a pet care business and am in customers homes. Many people have camera's inside the home so they can watch their dogs when they are away from the house. Some have security camera's in the house for 'security' reasons. Not uncommon.

It sure is uncommon to have a press conference on a Sunday. I have to agree that either an arrest has been made, OR they feel pressure to communicate more because of Alivea and her family refusing to sit back and be complacent.

I respect investigations but I truly believe too many of them withhold an extensive amount of information that does nothing to "protect" the case, but does everything to hinder it. I really like the ballsiness of Alivea, she is doing right by Kaylee. There's a fine line between conserving the integrity of the investigation and actively getting in the way of it by keeping every fact under wraps -- which does nothing to help formulate tips.

IF this is an arrest, an announce of a suspect or POI... I hope Alivea gets her flowers. She has fought so ferociously for these four, and at such a young age she has demonstrated her maturity and steadfastness. I am just in awe by the power and strength she commands when this tragedy is so fresh for her. I cannot applaud her or comment on how exceptional she is enough.

Sure people can have cameras inside the house for their pets... I do too, but ONLY when I am away. I do not have it on at night or when I am home. Most people don't.

Reminds me of a case from almost 20 years ago, when the wife's mother defended the husband repeatedly...until their unborn child and eventually, the wife, washed up on shore.
Yes, many of us remember that one all too well (sigh). It should be easy enough to determine where J the ex boyfriend was that night. Home in bed? Out of town?, etc.

I would, but mods wouldn't permit it.
I don't mean to cause unrest but LE most definitely has never clarified who made the calls. Just yesterday they said it came from the roommate's phone but that's it. Nothing more has been released from a reliable source.

IMHO it makes no sense for some rando to be calling from a roommate's cellphone. These are college-age kids and their phone is basically an extension of their body. I think LE is just trying to protect the roommates because honestly the crazies on Facebook have harassed the outta them since day one. They're processing this trauma too, and are victims in the situation. Imagine 4 of your friends dead AND you were sooo close to losing your life too? Unfathomable.

in large stabbings with many wounds across many victims, you have a very good chance the attacker(s) slipped while using the knife and cut themselves probably a number of times while in the frenzied state, possibly not even knowing they had been injured due to the adrenaline and the mental focus on the murders at the time

so hoping they can separate or at least test those samples and rule out the contributors which might at least get them a step closer to finding out who did this
This has come up several times, whereby conventional wisdom people expect the hand of the assailant to slip and cut himself on the blade during the attack. If the knife had a hand guard of any significance, it might have prevented the expected slipping of the hand on to the blade during the attack. Many military grade designs have this guard, as do some civilian designs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members