ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please pay attention to The Rules we have in place, including Copyright Rules. While we understand it may take new members a few days to familiarize themselves, we get pretty strict after that.

From our Copyright Rules:

Members may link to a paywalled article so that others who have paid for a subscription or wish to get one can read the article. However, members can not copy/paste, quote directly, or disseminate the information contained in the article. It is not only a TOS violation, it is a violation of copyright law.

Members may briefly paraphrase what the article is about or they can copy the Google hit summary to give an idea of what the article contains in the event people wish to pay for the article.

I feel so badly for these families. What a heartbreaking task.

Seeing this makes me think the presser is more to dispel misinformation or to provide more information... As I said earlier and so did @sundaaaay in their reply. If the families are going door to door it doesn't make sense that they've made an arrest, as they would 100% know before the public did.

I've never known of a department to schedule out a presser before the proceeding one has even taken place... But if there is indeed another press conference on Wednesday, that's perplexing.

nope, LE said very early that it was not one of the surviving roommates that made the 911 call.
Here is the most recent update re 911 call
@CabezaGarrett
·
16h

Update from police on Moscow killings: - The 911 call came from inside the home on one of the residents' cellphones. - The driver who gave two of the victims a ride home early that morning is not believed to be a suspect.

I don't mean to cause unrest but LE most definitely has never clarified who made the calls. Just yesterday they said it came from the roommate's phone but that's it. Nothing more has been released from a reliable source.

IMHO it makes no sense for some rando to be calling from a roommate's cellphone. These are college-age kids and their phone is basically an extension of their body. I think LE is just trying to protect the roommates because honestly the crazies on Facebook have harassed the outta them since day one. They're processing this trauma too, and are victims in the situation. Imagine 4 of your friends dead AND you were sooo close to losing your life too? Unfathomable.
Maybe the killer ditched his phone around 3am Sunday morn. Maybe when killer entered home, Murphy the dog, knowing killer well, was no problem. Maybe the killer showed up again just before noon Sunday, 'found' body (as if 'see, I'm not the killer, I'm just a concerned friend'), had to borrow a phone to call 911...

Last edited:
The article is behind a pay wall.. can you elaborate on what event it was that Ethan captured on his phone?
Not sure anyone has answered this question yet but in case they haven't the event that was captured on the phone was the sorority formal he had been to earlier (that night?) - NOT the murder. I had to read those paragraphs a few times myself because I wanted to be sure the first time I read it I thought that maybe it was the murder!

It sure is uncommon to have a press conference on a Sunday. I have to agree that either an arrest has been made, OR they feel pressure to communicate more because of Alivea and her family refusing to sit back and be complacent.

I respect investigations but I truly believe too many of them withhold an extensive amount of information that does nothing to "protect" the case, but does everything to hinder it. I really like the ballsiness of Alivea, she is doing right by Kaylee. There's a fine line between conserving the integrity of the investigation and actively getting in the way of it by keeping every fact under wraps -- which does nothing to help formulate tips.

IF this is an arrest, an announce of a suspect or POI... I hope Alivea gets her flowers. She has fought so ferociously for these four, and at such a young age she has demonstrated her maturity and steadfastness. I am just in awe by the power and strength she commands when this tragedy is so fresh for her. I cannot applaud her or comment on how exceptional she is enough.
You are SO RIGHT! Every victim needs an Alivea!
MOO

A very confusing little statement came out last night on MSNBC. It is probably a misstatement, maybe clickbait, or maybe they have info. Who knows.
I took it as that where LE found the bodies showed that there was a struggle/confrontation. JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.

I'm new here and my first post. My questions regarding the Idaho student murders. Where is the owner of the house? Is there a property manager, a handyman to fix things...he would have access to the house and know the house layout. Maybe obsessed with one or two of the girls. A local handyman who lives in there area and knows the wooded area. I sure many locals have the type of knives used in the murder's. He would know the code to they keypad aswell.
Great thought! Reminds me of that poor girl in Florida that got murdered by her apartment complex handyman. The only thing that gives me pause about that is that there was no sexual assault, and I would expect that with that sort of perp. Not to say, of course, that he could've had a different motivation.

Maybe the killer ditched his phone around 3am Sunday morn. Maybe when killer entered home, Murphy the dog, knowing killer well, was no problem. Maybe the killer showed up just before noon Sunday, 'found' body, had to borrow a phone to call 911...
Yes but why would he ditch his phone?

If it was an altercation, it may have been with Ethan and Xana. Remember, nothing has been said about their evening after leaving the frat party early (10 pm?) and it may have been over hours before the time MM and KG get home. Then, the person comes back after they are all asleep.
I honestly think that M and K were found in their beds and unfortunately did not stand he chance since they were fast asleep after the alcohol. X and E were just at the right place at the wrong time where their room was located. Whoever had that room wouldn't stand the chance unless they stayed in their room but the location exposed them to whoever committed this crime unfortunately. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelanteCO