ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
• Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.
Snipped by me.

Well, that's just opened up a whole new can of worms....

Still catching up. But the words used in the PC are telling. The phones call made by the girls phones are considered not connected. But the question was if the subject called had been cleared. Note that question has not been answered.

The 911 caller who was using a surviving roommates phone. That person was cleared, whoever that was. But they won't say who that was.

That there were several friends that were present at the 911 call is interesting.

And still saying targeted. Also interesting.

I will say it makes me crazy when they say they were all likely killed while they were asleep and in the same sentence say that there were defensive wounds. You cannot defend yourself if you are asleep. So, might they have been asleep when the attack started? OK. But if someone had defensive wounds, they were not killed while asleep.
A reporter specifically asked if the 911 caller was a suspect and LE said no. The question about calls made to J were not asked in such a black and white manner.

As for targeting, we don't know the exact injuries of each victim. If one victim was an "overkill" and the others were not, that would lead you to believe it was a targeted attack on one victim. Right?

I agree about the wording that the victims were killed while asleep in bed is confusing. They may have been "attacked" in their sleep but not killed in their sleep. They said tonight that some of the victims fought back so IMO, that means that X was not the only one with defensive wounds. He stated it in a plural form.

Does it need to be so literal to solve the crime? You have to know this is a question that can never be answered, whether all the victims were literally sound asleep at the moment of first knife wound. LE, coroner, ME cannot answer that question. You will never get that detail unless the killer confesses and is honest.

I think the best we can understand is they were in their beds asleep when the attack occurred.

It does rule out some of the speculative theories about a party, or an altercation, or K and M frantically dialing J because they were alarmed. Those probably didn't happen.

I think what they are getting at is it was late and after bedtime for all of them. I can work with that, whether I am playing sleuth or juror. No doubt there was some waking for each individual at the time each individual was attacked, and maybe E or X heard some commotion and investigated. But by and large it sounds like they were sleeping when this went down.
Yes, I agree. I guess that's what I was meaning, because now the speculations might go from one extreme (like the frantic phone calls or partying) to the other, with people now thinking all four had to be in bed, asleep when they were killed. I'm just thinking it won't end up being so black and white. Jmo.

Does it need to be so literal to solve the crime? You have to know this is a question that can never be answered, whether all the victims were literally sound asleep at the moment of first knife wound. LE, coroner, ME cannot answer that question. You will never get that detail unless the killer confesses and is honest.
That’s what we do at Websleuths. We speculate, try to formulate theories, bounce things off of one another, etc, all within TOS. Even though we may never know the answer, it doesn’t hurt to ask the question.

ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.
Was this in an interview and if so is there a link? Thank you in advance. And thank you very much for your hard work on here. You and other moderators keep WS a very pleasant place to be.

My thoughts are they were all targets. Maybe a neighbour was p****d off with continuous parties and noise, people coming and going at all hours. A neighbour became so obsessed he was watching everyone and everything going on, he was kept awake by the noise, became manic from lack of sleep and lost it. Also maybe police do know it was targeted because the killer wrote messages in blood on the walls. The police mentioned there was certain evidence to point to it being targeted, so messages in blood would point to that. Wouldn’t be the 1st time a neighbour has gone crazy and murdered their neighbours. A case last year I think it was, a neighbour killed his neighbours because their dog kept barking.

911 caller is a red herring. Way too much emphasis on that. Very unlikely the murderer came back and placed a 911 call on the surviving roommates phone. So much discussion on it and I think it’s just not pertinent IMO. On another note I do think the perp lives very close and watched the whole scene transpire and I think he enjoyed watching it. I think he took off quick after it all happened and fit into the mass exodus of students leaving. Making an easy get away.

Moscow Homicide Update
November 20, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.

Updated Information:

• Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.

• At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe any individual at the residence, when 911 was called, is involved in this crime.

• Rumors and speculation continue circulating about the ongoing investigation. MPD cautions the public not to rely on rumors and remains committed to keeping the public informed. We urge reliance on official channels for accurate information.

• TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information is asked to call the Tip Line at 208-883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.

• PRESS RELEASES: All press releases go through the listserv process on the City of Moscow website. To sign up for news releases, visit News Flash
o Under Tools on the right side of the page, click Notify Me.
o Fill out the form at the top with your email address and or phone number.
o Scroll down to City of Moscow Press Releases and choose to be notified by email/phone.
o This action will allow you to receive all press releases as they are released.
o All news releases are posted on City of Moscow PD Facebook page.

• MEDIA: To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to moscowpdpio@ci.moscow.is.us. This email address is directed to the Communications Team and allows for quicker responses. The new PIO phone number is for media organization use only: 208-883-7181 (landline-only number, no texts). Email is the preferred format for requests and inquiries.

• We encourage our community to rely on official channels for the most accurate information. These are the City of Moscow News Releases and the Moscow PD Facebook page.

• There will be a News Conference to update the public on the investigation.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022
1:00 p.m.
University of Idaho
Alumni Lounge of the ICCU Arena
900 Stadium Drive, Moscow, Idaho
*Live streaming link

I never heard the first part of what you shared during the PC. I do not think this is true information about the roommates trying to wake up a person on the second floor.

Moscow Homicide Update
November 20, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.

Updated Information:

• Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.

• At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe any individual at the residence, when 911 was called, is involved in this crime.

• Rumors and speculation continue circulating about the ongoing investigation. MPD cautions the public not to rely on rumors and remains committed to keeping the public informed. We urge reliance on official channels for accurate information.

• TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information is asked to call the Tip Line at 208-883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.

• PRESS RELEASES: All press releases go through the listserv process on the City of Moscow website. To sign up for news releases, visit News Flash
o Scroll down to City of Moscow Press Releases and choose to be notified by email/phone.
o This action will allow you to receive all press releases as they are released.

• MEDIA: To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to moscowpdpio@ci.moscow.is.us. This email address is directed to the Communications Team and allows for quicker responses. The new PIO phone number is for media organization use only: 208-883-7181 (landline-only number, no texts). Email is the preferred format for requests and inquiries.

• We encourage our community to rely on official channels for the most accurate information. These are the City of Moscow News Releases and the Moscow PD Facebook page.

University of Idaho
*Live streaming link

I never heard the first part of what you shared during the PC. I do not think this is true information about the roommates trying to wake up a person on the second floor.

Moscow Homicide Update
November 20, 2022

Updated Information:

University of Idaho
*Live streaming link

well now we know why it has taken so long to clear the 911 caller because it was many 911 callers, passing around one phone.

first time poster here- and these are all my theories after reading the thread for the past couple of hours

I think an interesting thing to note here is the dog. If the dog was meant to be in the house, and it escaped, then that could be why mm and kg were repeatedly calling jack (or they could have been drunk calling). say that the dog was in the house when the killer arrived... why wouldn't it bark? Does this mean that the killer knew the dog, and knew the roommates? If so, why didn't they go downstairs to the basement where the other two surviving roommates were? Maybe they heard something or could provide insight to determine who the killer is. Seems like if we are running off the theory that Ethan was killed in the hallway because he was awoken by the attacks, then the killer would seemingly double-check to make sure there were no witnesses, and he had no issue killing innocent people. So say they weren't familiar with the house and roommates, why not just kill the dog? as bad as that sounds, the killer was risking a lot by just letting the dog loose- what happened if he started barking or a neighbor saw the loose dog and returned it back to the house? Also, seems like people are saying mm was the so called target, but she wasn't even sure she was going to return to Moscow until hours beforehand.

sorry for the dump but those are some of my thoughts

Moscow Homicide Update
November 20, 2022

Updated Information:

University of Idaho
*Live streaming link

Wow! Just wow!
I had to go to work and new stuff is released!

"Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone."

This makes so much sense. Who's going to think muder right away. No. They are going to think he's/she's still passed out or even alcohol poisoning might cross their minds.

Depending upon the location within the house that the ‘unconscious’ victim was found and the colour of their clothing worn and the colour background that they lay against , in addition the amount of light coming in and if curtains or blinds were drawn , this will all contribute to the survivors potential trepidation and fear approaching what they aren’t sure is an unconscious body or a dead body and they probably called others I’ve to see what they thought. Don’t forget that the blood had around 8 hours to dry and depending upon light may have looked like spillage.
Also don’t forget that many people of that age have never seen a dead body before and will be cautious if there’s no movement and no response and probably kicked a foot and still no movement so freaked out. Personal I think people are too hung up over this issue but hey I could be wrong and I will admit if I am

JMHO

Moscow Homicide Update
November 20, 2022

Updated Information:

snipped and bolded by me for focus

So the roommates saw one of the victims lying there and THEN called friends over.
Wouldn't there be blood? If they thought their roommate was unconscious, would they try to wake them? Wouldn't they call out for the other roommates to help?

I'm confused now.

first time poster here- and these are all my theories after reading the thread for the past couple of hours

I think an interesting thing to note here is the dog. If the dog was meant to be in the house, and it escaped, then that could be why mm and kg were repeatedly calling jack (or they could have been drunk calling). this could be why le say that non roomates were at the house at the time of the 911 call- possibly jack came over to check in and walked into everything and freaked out, fainted, and then surviving roomates saw him.

But say that the dog was in the house when the killer arrived... why wouldn't it bark? Does this mean that the killer knew the dog, and knew the roommates? If so, why didn't they go downstairs to the basement where the other two surviving roommates were? Maybe they heard something or could provide insight to determine who the killer is. Seems like if we are running off the theory that Ethan was killed in the hallway because he was awoken by the attacks, then the killer would seemingly double-check to make sure there were no witnesses, and he had no issue killing innocent people. So say they weren't familiar with the house and roommates, why not just kill the dog? as bad as that sounds, the killer was risking a lot by just letting the dog loose- what happened if he started barking or a neighbor saw the loose dog and returned it back to the house? Also, seems like people are saying mm was the so called target, but she wasn't even sure she was going to return to Moscow until hours beforehand.

sorry for the dump but those are some of my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member