ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this in an interview and if so is there a link? Thank you in advance. And thank you very much for your hard work on here. You and other moderators keep WS a very pleasant place to be.
Thanks for your kind words RAISINISBACK :)

Here's a link to the OP:

But would you do that if truly asleep? Real question. I don't defend myself if I am asleep, but maybe others do? I have to be awake enough to know I'm being attacked (I have gotten a broken nose when my spouse rolled over and flung his hand at my face- complete accident. Totally woke up and defended myself).

Definition:A defense wound or self-defense wound is an injury received by the victim of an attack while trying to defend against the assailant

Of course, it occurs to me that "defensive wounds" might simply be a descriptor for a type of wound that was found, but maybe wasn't really caused by someone defending themselves. I would think they'd call it something else, but could be wrong.
Ok,

Definition: A defense wound or self-defense wound is an injury received by the victim of an attack while trying to defend against the assailant

Many years ago, I was in a very bad earthquake. I was asleep on a futon. A bookcase full of books and objects crashed right on to me. Woke up suddenly and defended myself at the continuing debris hitting me. I was injured and subsequently taken to ER.
Is this not the same?
...an injury received by the victim of an attack while trying to defend against the assailant heavy ojects.

Semantics.

These victims were asleep at the beginning of the attack. On waking they tried to defend themselves against the object that was causing pain and injury.

What if the perp covered them up with a blanket which hid the blood?
Entirely possible although I have read a Fox news article where the detective said it was ‘sloppy’ with a lot of forensic evidence left behind.

let me try and find that article although it wasn’t new so has probably been posted already as I’m just looking at this case properly for the first time tonight so I’m a week behind

ALL MOO

Targeted does not necessarily mean "known to the victims", just that they were targeted by the perpetrator at some point.

My opinion.
This. They guy who watches my house and legal outdoor grow does not know me. I’ve never met him. Only on camera and from his loud parties. But no one could say I know him.

Targeted. Could be targeted against one of the victims, or all of them.

If the police really do not have someone on their radar, then what are the other possibilities… Someone with proximity, angry about noisy parties, went over the edge in a psychotic rage. A disgruntled food delivery worker, repairman, someone who felt insulted by or had a grudge against someone in the house. A prospective roommate? Kaylee had moved out. I wonder if there was a plan was to fill the room vacancy. Maybe a prospective roommate had been rejected.

jmo

Not if he was rolled over on his stomach, even close to a wall.

My guess, he wasn't the one the killer was after. So one or two quick stabs and take him out and then go on to do what he came for.
In that scenario you say 'he' I take it you mean Ethan? If so, then I believe he was sharing the room with Xana so it wouldn't just be one victim they tried to wake.

A reporter specifically asked if the 911 caller was a suspect and LE said no. The question about calls made to J were not asked in such a black and white manner.

As for targeting, we don't know the exact injuries of each victim. If one victim was an "overkill" and the others were not, that would lead you to believe it was a targeted attack on one victim. Right?

I agree about the wording that the victims were killed while asleep in bed is confusing. They may have been "attacked" in their sleep but not killed in their sleep. They said tonight that some of the victims fought back so IMO, that means that X was not the only one with defensive wounds. He stated it in a plural form.
This seems like a direct question and the answer seems evasive. I acknowledge it could just be my interpretation of the words and body language

Reporter - The male subject whom the women called - Has he been ruled out as a suspect or person of interest?

Chief
- Everything that we have taken from those calls we have followed up on, we've cleared and we believe that there's no connection there.

No mention of clearing the subject, just what they have taken from the calls. That is what I lock in on. He definitively said the 911 caller was not the killer. Why not here?

I noticed that also. I wasn't watching, at that point I was reading the early pages of this thread, but his change in tone and tempo caught my attention and I rolled the video back to that question. Chief wanted to downplay that question. My first thought was that he was being disinformative.
Exactly.

Entirely possible although I have read a Fox news article where the detective said it was ‘sloppy’ with a lot of forensic evidence left behind.

let me try and find that article although it wasn’t new so has probably been posted already as I’m just looking at this case properly for the first time tonight so I’m a week behind

ALL MOO
No need to find it, I remember seeing that too! Yeah, I’m guessing there was blood in other places that couldn’t have been covered by a blanket. Maybe the blood had dried so much that the roommates thought it looked like vomit or bile and were worried that they had died from alcohol poisoning.

snipped and bolded by me for focus

So the roommates saw one of the victims lying there and THEN called friends over.
Wouldn't there be blood? If they thought their roommate was unconscious, would they try to wake them? Wouldn't they call out for the other roommates to help?

I'm confused now.
LE said in presser location of bodies would come into play later.

Could the body have been in front of a doorway blocking the entrance and called friends to come help figure out what’s going on?

If not, I might call a friend to help me pick a lock before I call the police.

Also perplexed as to how they wouldn’t have noticed any blood at this point. I would have expected it to be a bloodbath from the second to third floor at minimum.

I never heard the first part of what you shared during the PC. I do not think this is true information about the roommates trying to wake up a person on the second floor.
I had not seen that before either but the FB link that was included is an approved FB group - Moscow Police Dept. Looks like they updated it 40 minutes ago.

I immediately started wondering if things were more violent on the third floor. I do think that early on, right after this horrible tragedy happened, I read something to the effect that the scene was really bad, especially on the third floor, but I don't know if I am remembering that correctly. JMO.
I think, since the roommates thought the one person was just unconscious, that tells me no bloody violent scene, yet the prosecuting attorney called it the most violent scene he's ever been to, something like that.

So that said, that tells me yes, I agree with you, the more violent was on the 3rd floor. Which in my own opinion, means one or both of those girls were the prime target(s).
All MOO

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5' ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

In that scenario you say 'he' I take it you mean Ethan? If so, then I believe he was sharing the room with Xana so it wouldn't just be one victim they tried to wake.
That makes me think they had to be in separate rooms. Maybe not initially when the attack happened, maybe one tried to crawl out of the bedroom and passed away in another room.

“Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.”

It doesn’t sound like the caller actually saw a bloody victim. So did the killer lock the victims in their rooms? I can definitely think of a couple different types of locks where you can lock the door from the inside, walk out and close the door behind you leaving the door locked.

Wow! Just wow!
I had to go to work and new stuff is released!

"Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone."

This makes so much sense. Who's going to think muder right away. No. They are going to think he's/she's still passed out or even alcohol poisoning might cross their minds.
This is very typical of this age group and forgive me for saying this but it is typical of this snapchat and Instagram age. These kids don’t know what’s real. They live in a somewhat fake digital age. I’m not shocked they didn’t realize what was occurring and they didn’t understand the levity of what they were seeing as they see so many unreal stuff on social media. It probably didn’t register from all the fake things they see all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member