ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the family is publicly supportive of Kaylee's ex, I see no reason to suspect him of any involvement at this time. They dated for quite a considerable amount of time, so I trust their assessment of his character and their relationship. The calls aren't suspicious at all to me because I remember being in college and repeatedly calling people (especially boyfriends) when I was intoxicated, sometimes just because I wanted someone to talk to before going to bed. I do think the angle of the calls being made because the dog had gotten out is actually very compelling, but we don't really have enough information right now to know if that's actually what occurred.

As for the roommates, I was once in a similar situation in college; I lived in a house in the middle of the city with five other girls and one night, after a long night of partying, two men armed with guns entered the home through an unlocked back door and tied everyone up downstairs before stealing electronics and money and escaping. I was passed out in my room upstairs and slept through the entire incident; according to one of the roommates, one of the men even tried the door of my bedroom but it was locked (as I always had the habit of locking my bedroom door behind me when going to sleep). I didn't wake up until one of the police officers responding started banging on the door of my room...and this was with my roommates screaming and a lot of commotion going on as everyone was being threatened. So I can feasibly see how one could sleep through events occurring on another floor, especially if they were intoxicated themselves, wearing headphones, and/or used to hearing noises late at night due to living in a house that entertained guests often.

Just my opinion/two cents, of course!

The energy this person(s) would have excreted to do this to four adults is insane. Their own sweat, salvia, hair, and possibly blood mixed in with the chaos.

This person(s) is acting chill right now in front of others as this case unfolds with enormous amount of public attention. Wild and upsetting case. imo
Agree. This sounds like a complete frenzy of an attack. You would think their mental situation right now must be under some serious strain.

Cynically LE will always get a search warrant so they can say they executed 257 search warrants in their investigation at trial. It's just good practice to have down why you want to search something and what you think you will find.
If there is a warrant there is an affidavit outlining their probable cause and it is likely that we will get to see that warrant in the next few days when the media files FOIA requests or sues for release.

This seems like an odd time for another PC, considering they already had one giving the basic info so far, provided all the agencies involved, took questions from reporters, etc. They also just on Friday released the updated map and timeline. My guess is there is going to be some significant information released during this PC, whether it be announcement of an arrest (hopefully), but if not that, I’m guessing they will provide surveillance footage concerning a POI/suspect, footage either from neighbor/door cam, neighboring business, or traffic cam of either a person and/or vehicle. Maybe a sketch, but I would guess the former. It seems odd they would have a PC on Monday ONLy to say this investigation remains active, fluid, dynamic, but maybe they just want to reassure the public. But my guess is they have something in particular very important to this case that they want to share.

What I'm concerned about is that J received the calls and did nothing about it for the whole of Sunday morning.

Could've slept in (like the two surviving roommates) or there could be something going on.

The killer had to know the house very well to know which rooms to enter. Either from attending one of the girls' many parties OR being very close to one of them. (Or, from floor plans online. But they still wouldn't know who lived in which room.)

Usually crimes of this ferocity and calibre are the work of a man, not one or two girls. Though I could be proved wrong.

And did the dog bark? If not, why? Was it taken outside before the murders? Or was it familiar with the intruder?

What I'm concerned about is that J received the calls and did nothing about it for the whole of Sunday morning.

Could've slept in (like the two surviving roommates) or there could be something going on.

The killer had to know the house very well to know which rooms to enter. Either from attending one of the girls' many parties OR being very close to one of them. (Or, from floor plans online. But they still wouldn't know who lived in which room.)

Usually crimes of this ferocity and calibre are the work of a man, not one or two girls. Though I could be proved wrong.

And did the dog bark? If not, why? Was it taken outside before the murders? Or was it familiar with the intruder?
We don’t know he didn’t not do anything about it yet. For all we know, the friend that made the 911 call could have been him. He could have woken up to those calls, and went to check on them. We all have seemingly gone with the assumption that it was the friend who was supposed to meet E that showed up to the house and made the call.

I think it's safe to assume that M and K were drunk after spending a few hours at a local bar. I have been drunk a time or two myself! However, the footage does not - IMO - indicate that they are overly inebriated or in danger. Seems like they are having fun and mingling. IMO, again, but I feel like talking about how very drunk they seemed might detract from the investigation or cast the girls in a negative light. They managed to get home safely (at least for now the driver from the food truck to their home is not a suspect according to LE) and the one guy at the food truck was also ruled out as a suspect.
I don’t mean to cast them in a bad light. It’s college, it’s winter, it’s Idaho… there’s nothing especially atypical about imbibing quite a bit in those circumstances

Why would they wait until nearly noon to make the 911 call? That doesn't make sense if they were trying to cover their "alleged" involvement. They would have reported it much earlier. I see no motive.
College kids. They had been out too. Could save been one of those nights you come home after having a few and the room is spinning. I know that back in the day I would have slept like a rock... out to the world and noting could wake me. Could sleep until 2 in the afternoon the next day if left alone.

I would scream before ever being touched if I saw an unknown man in my house at night. Lol I spook easily. If someone stabbed me I would scream horrendous sounds that would alert everyone on my street
I don't know about this, I had a gun held to my head when I was car-jacked in my own driveway,I was incapable of screaming, I tried really hard but in the moment I was petrified still and my scream was barely more than a squeak.
If they were asleep and it happened quickly, I would think that they would be unaware of the initial attack and possibly didn't have the chance to make enough noise to wake the housemates.
IMO

This seems like an odd time for another PC, considering they already had one giving the basic info so far, provided all the agencies involved, took questions from reporters, etc. They also just on Friday released the updated map and timeline. My guess is there is going to be some significant information released during this PC, whether it be announcement of an arrest (hopefully), but if not that, I’m guessing they will provide surveillance footage concerning a POI/suspect, footage either from neighbor/door cam, neighboring business, or traffic cam of either a person and/or vehicle. Maybe a sketch, but I would guess the former. It seems odd they would have a PC on Monday ONLy to say this investigation remains active, fluid, dynamic, but maybe they just want to reassure the public. But my guess is they have something in particular very important to this case that they want to share.
blue bolding mine.
I think that's important right now !!
Scary to think this perp could be wandering around ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop