ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't say J is "cleared" but he certainly implied that they don't believe he is involved. He said the same with the 911 caller. He said the 911 caller was not a suspect.

They also said to quit speculating and spreading rumors. They said to only go off of what they say factually.

You think LE is being dishonest, you think J might be involved, you think surviving roommates might be involved...but of course, that's just your OO. I don't care if it's your opinion, I think it's morally reprehensible.

Law enforcement is not lying. He could have dodged those questions entirely but he didn't. He said that they don't believe any of those people are involved meaning to best of their knowledge, NONE of
I found that interesting as well.
To play devil’s advocate, and just my opinion- in earlier pages many people were speculating that J might have gone over the next day after seeing all the missed calls because he had been asleep when they were coming in. What if he was the 911 caller. If he was then technically he was cleared in the PC just not by name

I'm sorry, but I don't believe it. Any college student I've ever known, would be sleeping with their BF/GF after a night out, with no parental influence there. just saying.
They'd been dating awhile IDK if that's strange. When I was in college and had my bf over, it was not uncommon for us to fall asleep watching tv in the main living area and I'd always wake up and go to my room not waking him up.

Not every time, but sometimes.

Remember being that age? You call your friends for everything. And you always want to do things as a group/pack. It wouldn't surprise me at all if one of the roommates alive, found the crime scene and immediately called several of his or her closest friends to come over immediately. And then one of them called 911.

I am not sure what they even mean by "targeted." Some random weirdo fixating on one of the girls could be targeted.
I'm struggling with "targeted" as well. There are so many ways to be targeted. For instance, one of the women could have been the target because she personally triggered the killer, or she could have been targeted just because she was a woman. It's a very vague description of the crime by LE and likely for good reason.

So in response to being asked if the male who received the calls from the victim that night was a suspect or had he been cleared the response was exactly this:

"Everything we have taken from those calls we've followed up on we've cleared and we um...believe that there's no connection there."

So I'm not actually sure we can say J has been cleared or ruled out as a suspect. The language is a bit vague but it could be interpreted to mean those calls were not connected to the murders. As in they were not made in response to someone being in the home or being attacked.

It could also mean J has no connection but language isn't clear either way IMO.
Could the pause just be him stumbling to avoid accidentally referring to J by name?

I find it odd that everyone was asleep when they were killed. It just seems like to me, that a killer would want to look into the eyes of their victim, whether it was just the sick satisfaction of knowing they were terrifying someone, or, if it were revenge or anger, they would want the person to know who was doing this to them and that they got the last word.

With them being asleep when they were killed, it’s like the perp’s goal was just to end their lives.

I don’t know what it suggests, if anything. It just doesn’t quite make sense. Though trying to apply a rational person’s logic to someone who is clearly irrational doesn’t usually get you anywhere.
Clearly they weren't all asleep at the moment they were murdered, considering some had defensive wounds.
I think what LE means is they were asleep at the start of the attacks.

if there are no suspects, how do they know the killer isn't the caller? that was a very weird question by the reporter btw
Reporters, these days read social media by way of research.
Perhaps it was a question they saw frequently.

Presumably they have interviewed the caller and checked their story so could confidently clear him or her.
I don't think there is anything to suggest LE are lying.

I find it odd that everyone was asleep when they were killed. It just seems like to me, that a killer would want to look into the eyes of their victim, whether it was just the sick satisfaction of knowing they were terrifying someone, or, if it were revenge or anger, they would want the person to know who was doing this to them and that they got the last word.

With them being asleep when they were killed, it’s like the perp’s goal was just to end their lives.

I don’t know what it suggests, if anything. It just doesn’t quite make sense. Though trying to apply a rational person’s logic to someone who is clearly irrational doesn’t usually get you anywhere.
I think they are implying that they were asleep when the attack began, I don't think they would have been asleep for much longer after the initial impact. Your body would likely go into an instant fight or flight response and flood your system with adrenaline. Given they were all stabbed multiple times and some had defensive wounds, whoever did this would have likely seen plenty of fear/terrified reactions imo.

So in response to being asked if the male who received the calls from the victim that night was a suspect or had he been cleared the response was exactly this:

"Everything we have taken from those calls we've followed up on we've cleared and we um...believe that there's no connection there."

So I'm not actually sure we can say J has been cleared or ruled out as a suspect. The language is a bit vague but it could be interpreted to mean those calls were not connected to the murders. As in they were not made in response to someone being in the home or being attacked.

It could also mean J has no connection but language isn't clear either way IMO.
reporter even asked him directly if he's a suspect or person of interest. timestamp here (19:49):
that answer clears nothing

<snipped> Coroner Has New Details About Fatal Slaying of 4 U of Idaho Students After Autopsies

Mabbutt said that the victims showed "little bit of bruising" but "nothing significant." She added that some bruising "wouldn't be uncommon during a stabbing."

Mabbutt couldn't say how many times each victim was stabbed but said it was safe to say each of them had multiple wounds. She declined to say where on the body they were stabbed and later clarified that the victims were stabbed in different places and a different amount of times.

Mabbutt said it was likely the four had bled out in the home.

She said DNA samples have been taken from the scene and are being processed. When pressed, she said it was "possible" that some of the DNA being tested may not be of the four victims.

"There were nail clippings that were taken, and other ones that are being sent off, and so that will be processed," she said.
Here is where she said about the mortal wound to the chest. I am linking the post to give credit to the original poster.

JMO. This resembles Ted Bundy's massacre at the FSU sorority. Followed a girl to the sorority and eventually entered and wreaked havoc with more that just the initial target. JMO.

And he attacked all the victims as they slept.
I imagine they are looking at cameras and receipts to see who was at the bar that K and M went to that evening. We haven't talked a lot about Xana and her past and history although I think it less likely she was the target just because she was in an obviously serious relationship. <modsnip: This reference to a dog is confusing for members and has been removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have thought that all along. It was someone they knew. Someone that knew the house. If everyone was in bed with lights out, how would a random person know where to go. Maybe I am overthinking it, but I could not go into a random house that I have never been inside of and navigate my way through the dark with out bumping into stuff.
And plunge a knife into a sleeping figure specifically in the upper torso, four times. In the dark.

To play devil’s advocate, and just my opinion- in earlier pages many people were speculating that J might have gone over the next day after seeing all the missed calls because he had been asleep when they were coming in. What if he was the 911 caller. If he was then technically he was cleared in the PC just not by name
That's what I had posted a few minutes earlier. It might explain their reluctance to say who the 911 caller was.

What baffles me is visible blood seeping from inside out but somehow the killer left the house with not a blood drop or a footprint in sight. Was there snowing at all at the time? If so that would make it even harder to cover tracks. That crime scene has been described as the worst of the worst so imo there is no way the person navigated all of that scene without leaving a trace. Even if the entry was gained via a windows the house is white so something would show. Perhaps the killer showered at the house? IMO this crime was 100% pre planned. No way does a crazy random jst show up at a house with 4 cars parked our front with a knife. Very brazen but planned imo. It's so cliche but find the motive and find the murderer.
So, I agree with this, but then I read something about liquified rust. Maybe I’m just hoping it’s that because the alternative is so horrific. I finally discovered why my bathroom wall is bleeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper