ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also unfortunately feel they don't know who did this yet. According to the interview with Kaylee's parents, they have lots of evidence, so hopefully that leads them somewhere. If the crime scene was a mess (also stated in the interview with Kaylee's parents), that's a lot of evidence to go through and parse out. Hopefully they get something that points them in a direction or someone comes forward with surveillance footage that helps.

I am also not 100% convinced it was someone known well by the victims. It can still be targeted and be someone unknown to them. Like I would describe the Jayme Closs case to be targeted but the family had no idea who he even was. Were the four victims ever somewhere together (likely they were at one point in time together in public) where they inadvertently made someone else mad? Maybe they had no idea they even did, but this person was ticked off enough to follow them home one day. Or perhaps someone who lives nearby who is mad about party noise coming from the home. Yes, two roommates were spared, but could it be as simple as, their bedroom doors were locked and the other four were not? I don't know, just thinking out loud.
What about a social media stalker? I hate to travel down this road after how much speculation it has caused int the Delphi case, but it's the world we live in. It wouldn't be too difficult to determine their locations given all the pictures they post. MOO.

I thought of that as someone said maybe they held the key (answer).
And if they are only after one or two, like a stalker or something, why kill all four if they were all sleeping, which suggests no one woke to a see the killer. This is why this is so baffling to me. Would the other two or three be able to identify who it was from some previous interaction? That's the only thing I can think of. Wondering what others thoughts are on this.

Yeah, I am curious about the location of X and E after the party that they left at 9/10 and until 1:45 AM when LE say they arrived home. I'm curious if people saw them leave the party at 9ish and that's why they said 8-9 at the party, or if no one could remember seeing them after 9, so it was possible they were there longer but no one could corroborate? They should be able to tell rough location from their phone pings, correct?

Just wondering about their whereabouts in case one or both of them were the targets and in those interim hours is where they crossed path with the perp.

I would have loved to have heard law enforcements thoughts on the possibility of a female offender…. i.e waiting for victims to be asleep so they could over power them.

The question who was sleeping on what floor was asked, he said he wouldn't divulge that because that would be part of the picture. That sounds interesting. What do you guys think about that?
I think Maddie and Kaylee were in bed but Ethan got stabbed and he tried to make a run for it collapsing by the door ("unconscious person"), and they started stabbing Xana who fought back vigorously according to her father. My personal opinion only.

I’m not making myself clear haha. I would think that a killer would want to look their target in the eyes, or have their target look at them, as they started their attack.
Not this killer. This killer needed the victims to be asleep. The killer wouldn't be able to control the situation if someone was awake and fought back. The killer may have been unable to defend themselves with a fighting victim. Also, less fight means less DNA left at the scene. Attacking someone who is asleep means no scratches, no hair pulling.

I would really like to hear the 911 call. It was reported earlier, I think in the police press release, that EMS arrived but did not enter the building. I find this odd because this was a medical call. Even if the cops arrived first, the mere presence of a lot of blood would not be enough to NOT attempt resusitation. Someone could be near death, apparently not breathing, and have an undetectable pulse and still be revived.

I cannot find any law in Idaho regulating who can determine death. In Utah it requires a physician. In Spokane County Washington there is no state law and the county policy is that an EMT, paramedic, physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or RN can do it. Note that cops can't, although many cops are EMTs or paramedics as well.

So I don't understand why the EMS crew did not go in. I do not suspect anything nefarious. Just observing that this seems highly unusual. No matter how bad the scene was, it is not a reason to withhold care until death has been declared.

We assume LE has all of the phones of the 4 deceased people. Maybe they don’t. There couldn’t have been too much else that went on, stabbing 4 people to death in what I would think was major darkness. The darkness and frantic activity—you’d think there’d be something left behind.

VERY INTERESTING! Captain went out of his way to say surviving roommates, person who drove them home, and food truck guy (now specifying in white hoodie) are OUT

BUT, no reference to ex bf of Kayley (or current bf of Maddie, for that matter) as being excluded
Mods I can’t seem to edit or delete this — could you do so as I think it ended up being inaccurate (ex bf was cleared, or at least might’ve been)

What do you think: they stated that the victims were on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Does that mean the 2 unharmed roommates were asleep on the first floor and heard/saw nothing? Or did they come home after the crime was committed? Do you have any sense of this from what we know so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801