ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned that the girls could have been slipped a drug at the last bar and by the time they got to the food truck they were loaded? Because they do seem very clumsy as though they were inebriated but it could be that the drug took a little time to take effect. Also they would have gone to sleep, deep sleep very quickly. Then the person that attacked them would know that they would be harmless. Maybe they were calling bf they trusted because they knew they were not feeling right and he might come check on them or comfort them.
I’m sure toxicology is being done on each of the victims. It will be a while IMO before those results are in.

Hey y'all, first time poster here. I made an account just to comment here as I am an alum of the University of Idaho and from Coeur d' Alene, ID and this whole horrific act really hits home. I was also in a sorority and lived off campus in my upperclassmen years and had so, so many nights just like these poor, young souls. I have been going through every page I can here as I just can't get this off my mind and these are some of my thoughts on it so far.

- I think this killer is someone who was/is living in Moscow or surrounding areas and is not currently a student. I also think they are a hunter and are trained with using a knife for hunting. I don't think this is someone that really knew these women but someone that crossed paths and became obsessed. A terrifying sicko that amplified his obsession with social media.

- I think this person obsessively followed one or some of them on social media and this could possibly be how they knew what the girls were doing that night.

- I think whoever did this was watching their target (imo Kaylee) from behind the house in the wooded area. I think he had been watching/stalking for a while as a thrill undetected. Maybe he met Kaylee and Madison at Mad Greek and became infatuated and obsessive. Followed one home one night and kept returning. I think the night of the murders he was in his hiding spot and waited for the lights to go out and some time to pass before he made his move.

- I think social media is a big thing to look at. These were very social girls who documented their lives often. I think it is likely if you followed Kaylee on social media you would be able to put together her big new job, graduating early, plans to move etc. and that the killer was following her/them closely. Maybe from a burner account probably. She or Madison or the other roommates could've even posted Instagram stories of her empty bedroom, moving out, etc. documenting a lot. This would explain also if Kaylee was sleeping in Madison's room. Between her and Madison and their social media pages, the killer may have been able to piece together that Kaylee had made a surprise, last-minute visit back to Moscow to see her bestie Madison last Saturday. This could have been a trigger? Kaylee had moved out and was not planning on even going back to U of I except to go show her friend her new car. Could the killer have felt the urgency to take that "last" opportunity to kill Kaylee?

Praying for the families and friends involved and for a break in the case soon.
I believe this is plausible. So sorry for what your community is going through.

If it had been me in college…I would’ve 100% been drinking that evening and passed out. I just assumed that’s why they were asleep and didn’t wake up easily….and why the roommates didnt wake up and that they possibly slept in until noonish. I have no idea if these kids drank but if they did, it could help explain a little.

Hey y'all, first time poster here. I made an account just to comment here as I am an alum of the University of Idaho and from Coeur d' Alene, ID and this whole horrific act really hits home. I was also in a sorority and lived off campus in my upperclassmen years and had so, so many nights just like these poor, young souls. I have been going through every page I can here as I just can't get this off my mind and these are some of my thoughts on it so far.

- I think this killer is someone who was/is living in Moscow or surrounding areas and is not currently a student. I also think they are a hunter and are trained with using a knife for hunting. I don't think this is someone that really knew these women but someone that crossed paths and became obsessed. A terrifying sicko that amplified his obsession with social media.

- I think this person obsessively followed one or some of them on social media and this could possibly be how they knew what the girls were doing that night.

- I think whoever did this was watching their target (imo Kaylee) from behind the house in the wooded area. I think he had been watching/stalking for a while as a thrill undetected. Maybe he met Kaylee and Madison at Mad Greek and became infatuated and obsessive. Followed one home one night and kept returning. I think the night of the murders he was in his hiding spot and waited for the lights to go out and some time to pass before he made his move.

- I think social media is a big thing to look at. These were very social girls who documented their lives often. I think it is likely if you followed Kaylee on social media you would be able to put together her big new job, graduating early, plans to move etc. and that the killer was following her/them closely. Maybe from a burner account probably. She or Madison or the other roommates could've even posted Instagram stories of her empty bedroom, moving out, etc. documenting a lot. This would explain also if Kaylee was sleeping in Madison's room. Between her and Madison and their social media pages, the killer may have been able to piece together that Kaylee had made a surprise, last-minute visit back to Moscow to see her bestie Madison last Saturday. This could have been a trigger? Kaylee had moved out and was not planning on even going back to U of I except to go show her friend her new car. Could the killer have felt the urgency to take that "last" opportunity to kill Kaylee?

This is excellent! I imagine they are talking to the employees at Mad Greek.. who else worked there?

What do you think: they stated that the victims were on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Does that mean the 2 unharmed roommates were asleep on the first floor and heard/saw nothing? Or did they come home after the crime was committed? Do you have any sense of this from what we know so far?
Yes. Two surviving roommates were on the first floor and they were out in the community on the same evening as KG, MM, EC & XK but arrived home earlier at approx 1am and didn’t wake until later that morning. That was confirmed in today’s presser.

Can this woman make one consistent statement from one day to another? Two days ago it was the chest and upper torso. Today it's all different places?

A few days ago it was all of them stabbed about the same amount. Today is a different number of times?

Can we get one thing from her that doesn't change?

She said a few days ago they were "stabbed in bed." But is that just her flaky take based on a hunch? There was a struggle but they're all neatly found in bed? But yet they also refuse to say where they were all found?
Standby for tomorrow’s scenario! Everything that comes out from every source or this case changes by the hour! This is an incredibly fluid case.

This presser already has a pointless feeling. It’s been a week already. I feel that this will not be solved soon. And it’s very disappointing and heart breaking.
I don’t get that feeling at all. Especially if they have reason to believe it was a targeted attack.

Some major info came out of it too. Very interesting to me.

They were advised to have a presser on Wed.
This is interesting from that article.

In the first few days after the investigation started Sunday, emails from members of the Moscow City Council to city officials express disappointment in how information regarding the murders was conveyed to the public and the press.

In a Wednesday email sent to the City Council and City Supervisor Bill Belknap, Councilor Hailey Lewis urged Mayor Art Bettge not to answer media questions about the case.

“Mayor Bettge, I believe it is imperative that you do not take any more media questions, in any capacity,” Lewis wrote in an email obtained by a Daily News records request. “Even what you may believe is a nonanswer is being used as an answer in media outlets — saying you have not been briefed by police is not helping.”

I brushed on this a thread or two ago, and I think @K9Enzo mentioned it as well. The sheer physical expenditure of killing 4 people by stabbing.

Surely someone was noticeably walking around for a day or two like they had an injured arm, or sore upper body, or something. I mean how can you walk away from that with no muscle soreness or muscle injury?

JMO

This is actually a great question… has it ever been confirmed the surviving roommates weren’t on the same floor as one of the victims or have we all just assumed?
It has never been confirmed where the survivors were sleeping, but as I understand it they were both out of town and were back in the residence at 1am, hours before the murders.

If EMS received information about a potential violent crime when they first arrived, they would not enter until police came, entered, and gave the all clear that it was a safe scene.
There must have been more in the 911 call than they have let on. They keep talking about the "unconscious" part but that doesn't align with cops going in first and EMS waiting.

how come we dont know the other two victims or what they did that day and night seems everyone's focus is on the girls I mean its important but what were the other two doing?
There has been some info about Ethan and Xana.

2d ·
PUBLIC HELP SOUGHT
Detectives working on the University of Idaho homicides are seeking additional tips and leads to further the investigation.
The following map details the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th, with the locations and approximate times when Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen were in downtown Moscow while Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone near these areas who observed suspicious behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information is asked to call the Tip Line at 208-883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.

I completely agree with this.

Hard to understand how one person kills four people with a knife. If they were out partying earlier, I suppose it's possible they'd been drinking and were sleeping heavily (and might have been slow to react when wakened) - but are they absolutely sure there was only a single killer?
Apparently not. 21:40 here:

My take from the today’s PC:

1. LE believes all 4 victims were targeted because of the totality of circumstances involved. LE is unable to say at this time that due to these circumstances if one individual alone was targeted.

2. Moscow LE is not lacking in resources (City, County, State LE are all involved as well as FBI).

3. The killer was not the 911 caller.

4. The 911 call was made from a roommates phone. LE will not divulge who actually made the call as it pertains to investigation.

5. Male subject who was called by both K and M has thus far been cleared. Everything LE has followed up on in relation to calls has been cleared and they believe there is no connection with this individual. (IMO! Chief James Fry appeared awkwardly uncomfortable responding to this question).

6. LE is not releasing information regarding who actually made the 911 call and will only state that the call came from a roommates phone inside the home.

7. We learned that other friends arrived to the home some time after the initial discovery. Chief James Fry is unclear to number of friends at the scene. (I find this this to be huge information and probably adds additional layers of confusion, witness accounts, evidence contamination etc, etc.)

8. LE has no idea if killer is located locally and state they are “looking everywhere”.

9. LE has no idea if these murders were done by one individual or possibly more.

10. Victims were found on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Let us all hope and pray that at the next scheduled PC on Wednesday LE has made much more head way!!

This is actually a great question… has it ever been confirmed the surviving roommates weren’t on the same floor as one of the victims or have we all just assumed?

This has been discussed several times and the general consensus on the forum seems to be the surviving roommates slept on the first floor. I think LE has said enough that it implies the roommates were home when the crime occurred, including today's presser in which they were asked how the roommates didn't hear anything and they said they don't know.

MOO.

There must have been more in the 911 call than they have let on. They keep talking about the "unconscious" part but that doesn't align with cops going in first and EMS waiting.
Also possible that people were outside the home when EMS arrived and told EMS there was more to it -- i.e., dead victims. We don't know. JMO.

I used Yahoo News because it was a copy of the Idaho Statesman article (which was behind a paywall). Let me know if that's not okay.

The reason I thought it was pertinent is because the earlier press conference they were adamant that the 911 caller was NOT the roommates. Now they say it was. Wondering about that.
I don't think it was the roommates; it was the roommate's friend that came over who made the call. The friend used the survivor roommate's phone to call.

This really illustrates why LE is reluctant to clear individuals. Once you do it, then everyone says well they didn't include that guy, so he must be a suspect. When LE then says, no, he is not a suspect either. People say LE paused too much therefore he must be a suspect. It is because of these people that LE is reluctant to say anything. It gets twisted and innocent people get accused by these crazy people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber