ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don’t think the dog skinning is related to the murders. A dog is a very different target than a human, let alone 4 humans. To me, the dog skinning seems more juvenile and opportunistic than four college students being murdered in their sleep. There seems to be at least some degree of planning involved with this crime (i.e., sneaking into a house undetected, potentially watching and waiting until the occupants were asleep) which the dog skinning doesn’t have. MOO.

I think the stabbings were particularly brutal, your body is in a state of complete shock - I doubt any of them would've been able to access their phones (difficult to explain this further in layman terms). I have a feeling that if he did start with Ethan in that particular room to eliminate the bigger threat, the struggle may have woken up xana - who allegedly may have fought back so he might have then moved his attention towards incapacitating her. Therefore the stabbings Ethan got may not have been as immediately deadly and hence why he may have been able to drag himself out of the room but then later on collapse wherever he was later found. This theory would only work if they were his last 2 victims because that would mean he'd have left that room immediately after and escaped out. Maybe the struggle spooked him from staying longer?
Just my own opinion and purely speculative.
They have all been identified as found in beds.

One of the many confusing things about this case is the presence/role of K’s dog during the murders.

I don’t know ANYTHING about that specific breed but IME small dogs are very yappy. It seems curious that the perp didn’t kill the dog in order to keep the noise down.

My only theory is that the perp had already done something with the dog (locked it in somewhere outside of the property or tied it up somehow) and that is 1) how K’s sister knows they let it out to pee and 2) why there were multiple calls to J’s phone (“I can’t find our dog J, what shall I do?”)

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere or contradicts anything. MOO.

And would be interesting to know especially after hearing about that other poor dog. Why kill one dog heinously and not another?

I don't think this was a crime of opportunity, but a fleeting thought I have is maybe the target was K's dog but then perp noticed doors weren't locked and escalated to humans in that moment?

From latest Daily Mail:

OMG - I had heard bits of this story.....but reading this article....gut punch. I have a 10 year old mini-Aussie....
IMO - I don't think it's a far stretch to connect these two incidents. Both crimes were committed by a depraved, barbaric, evil person.

Fox news reporter on the ground just said the police expanded their crime scene in the back of the house and just put up more tape.

This is nuts!
This thread is hard to keep up with so hope my posts aren't annoying if already covered... What do you think the relevance? Inside or outside the house? Maybe evidence from killer found?

Family members have said that that was her phoning style. If by any remote chance, she and her friend were lightly under the influence of anything, (as they’d have a right to be, of course,) I’d think that it might have seemed like an innocent joke to them.
I agree. I too have read that phoning was K’s communicating, style. I believe I also read that it wasn’t uncommon for K to make several calls to the same people throughout the day. I have sons ranging in ages between 26 and 30. Their communication style is also phoning rather than text. I realize that this may not be majority norm for persons age 18-30, but I know several people that prefer, like and need verbal communication. I’d also like to add that I think the several calls to J from both K and M’s phones were purely “drunk dialing”. All it takes is a bit of alcohol to start getting that nostalgic feeling or sometimes just liquid courage. K and J just experienced a separation after many youthful years together. K was graduating soon and off to a new job in a new state, she had a European vacation planned in the near future. How wonderful and exciting, yet scary and nervous at the same time. I wonder if K was wanting to check in with J before she left (smooth things over, make sure he was doing okay, discuss the dog) and when he didn’t answer she may have been concerned he had blocked her and moved on? M’s calls we’re that of a supportive best friend, maybe in an attempt at encouraging J to talk to K before she left?

Hate to say this but we really don’t even know if the dog is with the second owner. We may just be told that. For all we know the killer could have harmed the dog too. It’s not making sense how the sister knows she took the dog out. Unless someone saw them out or J is saying that.
Jumping ahead to answer this, apologies if this has already been said. The sister obtained camera footage from the neighbor that verified the private “Uber driver” dropping them off. Likely she also saw the dog being let out in the same video.

In my opinion and in my own life, if someone was found unconscious I would call 911. That does not mean they would or did call911. I am not judging them or even speaking on this exact case. If someone is hurt or may need medical assistance I do not believe that it is up to a relatives judgement to call. That is the only oart I don't understand. I believe the person who found the body most likely panicked and contacted the sibling because they did not know what to do. But to imply that it is a relatives judgement to call for medical assistance or not is ludicrous to me.
I don’t disagree, but I’m not sure your point. If their behavior is not sus, it is irrelevant.
I have two college age kids, they are to call 911 as a dead friend doesn’t get the chance to thank you for covering for their stupid behavior.
So, I’m not defending it, I just understand how kids this age may think

I think the stabbings were particularly brutal, your body is in a state of complete shock - I doubt any of them would've been able to access their phones (difficult to explain this further in layman terms). I have a feeling that if he did start with Ethan in that particular room to eliminate the bigger threat, the struggle may have woken up xana - who allegedly may have fought back so he might have then moved his attention towards incapacitating her. Therefore the stabbings Ethan got may not have been as immediately deadly and hence why he may have been able to drag himself out of the room but then later on collapse wherever he was later found. This theory would only work if they were his last 2 victims because that would mean he'd have left that room immediately after and escaped out. Maybe the struggle spooked him from staying longer?
Just my own opinion and purely speculative.
Interesting theory. What do you think is the overall motivation?

Arson, not head injuries.

But it's arguable they don't all fit that perfect triangle.

Dahmer did animal torture, I don't think they ever had him down for arson.

It's an outdated theory that I doubt has any substantial clinical truth.

Plenty of arsonists never torture animals.
Ah that’s right, arson. I don’t know where I got head injuries, but I’m sure that wouldn’t help! But outdated or not, it’s logical to me that anyone capable of torturing and killing animals is a danger to humans as well.

I think regardless of who did it or their motivation I think we can assume now nearly 10 days in that it was orchestrated with a degree of capability.

I know one of the parents said that they created a mess and lots of evidence. That doesn’t necessarily translate to reckless and poorly executed.

After 10 days and with no arrests or even suspects it suggests there is no incriminating phone pings, no clear cut cctv or video evidence of them entering or leaving the scene in a highly populated urban area. Probably no definitive finger prints or dna to easily match the perpetrator (Perhaps suggests no previous record to), and with 500 tips not yet eliciting a suspect their post murder behaviour has also probably been controlled - I.e no breaking down and confessing, or the other end of the scale - boasting. Which considering the horrific murder of 4 people maybe suggests a certain type of personality.

The individual has either got very lucky or planned extensively to avoid the usual digital and physical mistakes that lead to quick identification and apprehension. And you feel after 10 days if any of those mistakes had been obvious we would probably already have seen the result.

Not sure we can conclude anything definitive but it’s another sign to me that this wasn’t spur of the moment, or even quickly planned after something that had happened earlier in the evening or within the last few days. I’m sure behavioural analysts would also suggest it’s someone who is thinking about the process and not just purely acting out of rage.
Unfortunately , you may be right. There is a possibility they know who it is and are dotting i’s and crossing t’s before an arrest while having the perp under surveillance.

Last edited:
This thread is hard to keep up with so hope my posts aren't annoying if already covered... What do you think the relevance? Inside or outside the house? Maybe evidence from killer found?

Well the reporter made an earlier report today about an hour ago where he was walking about the back of the house and showing the area on t.v. and how there may be evidence in that area under the leaves and then he comes on couple minutes ago to show that the police put tape around the area he was reporting from earlier. So the police were watching his reporting on Fox news. You'd think they already would have had that taped off and searched already.

Hopefully it's ok to post this, more information on the 911 caller.

Now this article DOES say they called friends over to the house because one of the residents was "passed out". So much confusion regarding the 911 call.

From article: Police said the surviving roommates called friends over to the house on Nov. 13 because they believed one of their roommates had passed out. Multiple people spoke with the dispatcher during the 911 call made at 11:58 a.m. to report an unconscious person, according to police.

Fox News was live at the crime scene a few mins ago and they are reporting that the police are expanding the crime scene tape to include what looks like a parking area above the house, almost level with the third floor of the house.

Reposting this. The steep hill at the back of the house would make it easy for someone to see directly into the bedrooms on the second and third floors at the back of the house. There is a 30-40 foot difference in elevation between the front of the house and the road/parking behind the house.

Each blue line indicates 10 feet elevation increase.

1669061667852.png

1669061710095.png

1669061721094.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads