ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I got excited when I found this one. This is the sourthern exit a suspect in a car could use when exiting the neighborhood. He'd go down Conestoga St., take a left towards hwy 95. most of it is rural and it's unknown if any of the residences along the road have cameras. It looks like a viable exit for the perp except there's a camera at a storage unit right near the corner of West Palouse River Dr and 95.(circled in blue). The red arrow is pointing towards the 95 intersection.

Really the only way the perp could make it work and have the luck of not having any homes with cameras on West Palouse River Dr is to turn right onto West Palouse River Dr and head to Washington and do a whole loop (highly unlikely)

View attachment 381425
That picture showing a camera on an industrial building reminds me of the lancaster County, PA Amish girl kidnap/murder. She was forced into a car on her way home from religious service. If not for the camera, the case might have gone cold.
If the perp(s) had parked on campus or on the other side of the golf course and walked in thru the woods to the house, which makes the most sense so as not to be seen, then cameras would need to be looked at in the other direction. If I was the perp(s), no way would I drive close to the murder scene due to cameras or risk a person seeing me and my car.

Given that location on the outskirts of town, near what look like natural or cultivated fields, I highly suspect Buddy and the rabbit were attacked by coyotes.

I live on the outside edge of a metropolitan area, with some similar area nearby and occasionally see individual coyotes in some of the natural walking trail parks here (especially at dusk). And when I take my own dogs out into my own yard at night, I can sometimes hear packs of coyotes whooping and yelping as they hunt at night down below the plateau I live on. The sounds send my two 60-lb dogs running for the door and I’m right there with them!

Around here, they typically kill small dogs, cats, and rabbits. But, when in packs, they will go after larger animals that are alone.
Generally I'd think predators as well, but the story at the link makes it clear it was done by humans.

According to Moscow police, it was not until just before noon Sunday when a 911 call was received about an “unconscious individual,” and responding officers found the four students killed. Police have said there were no signs of forced entry when officers arrived.

….

If it’s thought that they were in bed asleep how would it be reported that there is an “unconscious individual”.

You should read the reports. Seems that Latah County police confirmed that the killer was human (presumably because the little dog was so "neatly" skinned).
You can search for images of animals killed by coyotes and see similar…but I don’t recommend it.

I’d prefer to see a wildlife official opine on whether Buddy likely fell victim to coyotes (or other wildlife) before LE invests much into the theory the Buddy death is related.

According to Moscow police, it was not until just before noon Sunday when a 911 call was received about an “unconscious individual,” and responding officers found the four students killed. Police have said there were no signs of forced entry when officers arrived.

….

If it’s thought that they were in bed asleep how would it be reported that there is an “unconscious individual”.
The most likely explanation is that the downstairs roommates went to the kitchen around noon, where they saw blood and an unresponsive person. Without getting close to that person, they reported him or her as an unconscious person. They probably reported blood as well, but the 911 call has not been released so we don't know for sure. We do know that first responders waited outside until police entered the property.

You can search for images of animals killed by coyotes and see similar…but I don’t recommend it.

I’d prefer to see a wildlife official opine on whether Buddy likely fell victim to coyotes (or other wildlife) before LE invests much into the theory the Buddy death is related.
Law enforcement has said the dog was skinned a by a human. They didn't say these crimes are related.

Has this actually been confirmed though? The coroner said at least "some" of the victims were in their beds but wouldn't say how many. The police said they were likely all sleeping when attacked but that doesn't mean they were found in their beds. If one had managed to survive the initial stabbing in the bed they could have managed to drag themselves towards the door or into the living area before passing away.

I don't remembering seeing any confirmation that all four victims bodies were found in their beds but I could have missed it.
There isn’t any confirmation that I’ve seen either, and some people are assuming whose bedroom’s are whose also without any confirmation. IMO

The more I turn this over in my head, the more I’m convinced that the killer was already inside the house when the four students arrived home at 1:45 AM.

There was at least one vacant bedroom, possibly two, if Kaylee had already moved out. The killer could have easily hidden in a vacant bedroom, knowing that the victims likely would not have a reason to enter that room.

I think he was already hiding in the house because police believe the victims were killed shortly after falling asleep. The last call was at 2:52. The authorities say the murders happened between 3 AM and 5 AM.

If this was a party house, how would the killer know everyone was asleep, unless he was already waiting in the house, and waiting for the house to fall silent?

I think it was somebody who was targeting Kaylee, knew that this was going to be one of her last times on campus, and laid in wait for her to arrive home and fall asleep.
Shades of the BTK killer, who would wait patiently in a closet.

They have cleared the ex's interaction in that call from being involved with the murder. I am willing to bet my life savings that on Wednesday they will clarify that yes, that means the ex is cleared. We know for a fact that those calls have nothing to do with the murder, highly suggestive K's ex-BF J is either cleared or on the cusp of being formally cleared.

It was odd phrasing, but they've had strange phrasing earlier in the investigation and people tried to run with it... Only for them to later being crystal clear so there's no room for interpretation. In my (worthless) opinion, people are grasping at straws whenever they see "gaps" in what would be considered "common" communication for LE. Reminder that this is a super small police department that is holding these pressers, not the FBI. You could even classify Idaho State Police as a relatively small force. Mincing words won't be too helpful -- they aren't used to people dissecting every centimeter of syntax and extrapolating what it could possibly mean.

We know LE is usually careful with words, so I understand people hanging on to the idea that LE hasn't enthusiastically cleared ex-BF J using his name. But I truly believe it boils down to police protecting J from the crazy speculation and media, as we saw with the Kiely Rodni case where countless teens were threw under the bus with literally no evidence they were involved. It became a witch hunt. Just like people were going mad pinning this on the roommates who "couldn't possibly have not heard 4 people being murdered."

It would defy a linear thought process for the calls to be completely uninvolved with the murder but then to later be murdered by J? After he seemed to be unresponsive/sleeping? Idk, my (again, worthless) 2 cents can't really make that logically work. But I'd be open to someone presenting facts that could indicate otherwise.
No this is super helpful and I agree with a lot of what you said. We shouldn't be speculating about a possibly innocent person.

I think it's just the lack of information released to the public that people are grasping at straws. There's nothing else to go off of lol. And there is precedent that LE use certain terminology (or not) on purpose in these types of investigations. I think if something is meant to be crystal clear, it would be, or will be in the near future.

At this point, I think my thoughts have shifted to the relevance of the timing of the calls v. the timeline for the murders (to include the calls within that timeline now). I don't think I've seen any good theories here as to how that could be the case (so if anyone has one - please dish 'em up!) Not saying anyone specifically is the perp, it's just odd IMO.

Does anyone know when the surviving roommates actually moved into this house?
We know EC was a freshman the others were a junior and 2 seniors. I’ve been out of college a long time and went to community college so I never went away so I don’t know when school starts this yr. I ask because maybe the other 2 just moved in and that’s why the killer missed them.

I still think it's relevant that Kaylee was only in town that night (I think I read that toward the beginning of the case, but can't find now where I saw that - any sources) if this is a targeted crime (as LE keeps reiterating)
she was not in town only for the night, she arrived on friday and was supposed to leave on tuesday

Oh my word I finally made it to the last post of this thread so far! I'd celebrate but I've been reading off and on day and night just to keep up /catch up these last 7 threads!

What type of locks are on the interior bedroom doors? (Just asking since there was *speculation* of murderer locking doors prior to leaving)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcedarblue