ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting this. The steep hill at the back of the house would make it easy for someone to see directly into the bedrooms on the second and third floors at the back of the house. There is a 30-40 foot difference in elevation between the front of the house and the road/parking behind the house.

Each blue line indicates 10 feet elevation increase.

View attachment 381582

View attachment 381584

View attachment 381585
here's a photo from inside K's bedroom to give more context: someone can easily lurk there in the dark and look inside the rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor from the slope behind the house

Very interesting if true.

I really wonder why a barking dog would be spared in this scenario. I’d think that the murderer would want to silence the dog by any means necessary. Makes me doubt that the person that killed the mini Aussie and the person that killed the roommates are one and the same.
If it was the related to the skinning of the other dog and rabbit I'd think it wouldn't be spared. JMO

You think they are just winging it? Because they are a smaller jurisdiction? They have brought in the FBI and many state resources. Over 80 people are actively working this case. I don't think they are winging it. IMO the message has been tightly controlled.

Along the deranged but organized killer and could be from out of town scenario, someone who wanted to blend in and not leave a vehicle to be picked up on Ring or street cameras, there is a Greyhound station in Moscow with a bus leaving Sundays at 6:40 with multiple stops in nearby Washington or on to Oregon. He could be in Spokane in 2 hours… Could that be a way for him to get away quickly and leave a backpack with bloody clothes somewhere far away?
The route from the home on King Road to the bus station is a 10 minute walk along streets that don’t seem to be very surveilled or traveled around dawn.

Camera time could be off. My cameras aren't automatically synced so maybe they know Grub Truck's are off by a bit.
I swear in the food truck video one of the girls was taking a pic or a video? Would they be able to check that? Maybe they did and that’s why they’re saying that? It’s just a thought!?

BBM
I don't know what the fingernails will show, but the parents stated "They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Sunday."

“This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy.”

In my opinion sloppy in this statement does not equal leaving his DNA or any evidence of himself behind. 2 floors of the house are most likely covered in blood. There would be foot prints and hand prints of blood. I think thats about all they will find. I believe the killer at least wore gloves and possibly foot coverings of some kind.
Just my own opinion.

If it was the related to the skinning of the other dog and rabbit I'd think it wouldn't be spared. JMO
Agree, it also makes me think the person who did this may have known the dog??

I’ve read some posts here that the dog barked later, was very upset. That makes sense, how cruel it would be to leave a dog in the room with its murdered owner/ companion.

There are places in hell that are hotter for a reason IMO

I’m of the opinion that the dog skinner and student killer could be the same person. If you are not, please feel free to scroll on by .

If I am reading the map correctly, the skinning event took place somewhere in the vicinity of Red Pheasant House (have a look on Google Maps and let me know if it looks the same to you). Somebody was out there, late at night, where s/he did not belong, took that dog, killed and skinned it and possibly took its pelt (trophy?). Why not simply kill the dog and take it away to skin it? Surely there’s be less chance of being seen. It’s just so brazen and unhinged…but also confident and skilled, which strikes me personally as consistent with the characteristics that the student killer has displayed.

Looking through the police logs of the three weeks or so prior to the student murders, I didn’t see any other reports of similar animal attacks. I wonder if this person travels and whether similar animal skinnings like this one have been reported in other area, like WA which is so close by.

Very recently, accused killer Logan Clegg was found at a library on South Burlington, VT. He was quite a mover, both across the US and in Europe. He had a camp on the campus of the University of Vermont at the time he was caught and was getting ready to leave the US the very next day.

I bring up Clegg because I think it may well be possible that the student killer is a mover, living a transient style of life. Unlike Clegg, though, this perpetrator likes knives. This leads me to wonder about businesses, services, etc. that one might access if living transiently. Goodwill store, outdoor supplies, library, etc. Perhaps someone began appearing about a month or so ago and has recently left? Antisocial, quiet type, maybe arrogant?

Idk. Just some thoughts to share about other avenues to explore.

Jumping ahead to answer this, apologies if this has already been said. The sister obtained camera footage from the neighbor that verified the private “Uber driver” dropping them off. Likely she also saw the dog being let out in the same video.
That is a great point, unless they let the dog out the back yard.

If that same camera caught the driver, and did not catch the dog out the back yard then that pretty much says the perp entered through the rear sliding door, doesn‘t it? I’m not familiar with how they work, maybe the driver triggered it to take a pic but a person walking up to a door may not trigger a camera from across the way? I haven’t a clue
JMO

Do you think it is odd in this case that LE is not appealing to the public to pay attention to loved ones, or those they work with for unusual behavior, absences, cuts, etc? Too many tips at once maybe and something that might come later?

If the attack was random and LE genuinely have no idea who did it or why, why would the shelter in place be lifted so quickly and why were they so quick to state there was no danger to the wider community. That strongly implies they know who did it and why.

I know they are now backtracking on the above but maybe that is for ‘show’.

I agree in principle. Especially because at the PC yesterday, they did really orient the public on what to look for, what this perp's profile might be, and how to stay safe. And they were very firm on reaffirming that this was a targeted attack. All this makes me think they know who did it too and just need to wait for some tests, meanwhile they have perp under surveillance.

BUT if that's the case, why bring in the BAU?

I would agree with this.

I wonder if the perpetrator enters from the back of the house, essentially on level 2, and is unaware in the dark that there even is a level 1 where the survivors were asleep?
I think there is a distinct possibility of that happening, I doubt he even knew about it. I think we can assume that he entered the house through the sliding glass doors in the back of the house. The 2nd floor would be my guess, why go to such lengths of climbing up on the balcony of the 3rd floor to enter? They may have considered that it could cause some noise that way as well. What is such a mystery is quite a bit points to the murderer knowing the victims or being in the social/party circle. Yet not knowing about the roommates on the 1st floor points to a stranger. It's so very strange. I'm still not sure what to believe-a friend/acquaintance or a stranger. And if he is a friend/acquaintance, I can't imagine maintaining any kind of composure after committing such horrendous crimes. Unless they were a total sociopath. Anything is possible at this point.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>If it was a combat knife similar or in fact a Ka Bar, I don't believe he would have cut himself by his own blade. Especially if most or all of the victims were asleep. Just my own thoughts.
If a combat knife it is probably at least a 6 inch fixed blade with a pummel or hilt. Combined with gloves I dont see dna being found in defensive wounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the forensic testing may be a little like looking for a needle in a haystack. Trying to locate that bit of someone else's blood (the killers) among the bloody carnage at the house. Trying to locate the killer's DNA on the door handles of the bedrooms, when many people may have opened those doors (and the killer may have worn gloves).

not an expert in DNA testing but from what iv seen, it gets a little crazy in mixed samples and such but they should be able to tell how many contributors and possibly what sex, that still doesn't tell them who that contributors that are not known are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper