ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's to stop the killer from saying "wait a sec, I dropped that AFTER the murders when I was taking a walk"? Evidence found now will be hard to prove.

MOO.
Why are we jumping into court, already? Find the killer. I'm sure LE is aware that time is now working aginst them and SA is aware that the usefulness of newly gathered information/evidence from any unsecured location is a hinderance, but they still have to find the killer and catalog anything that might be helpful in the future if they cannot.

People who travel internationally, using airplanes, automatically have their fingerprints scanned when they scan their passports. This information is in the Department of Homeland Security, Traveler Database.

I wonder, when LEO runs prints, if they have access to that database. Or if they only run prints done for people who have already been fingerprinted for criminal records.

I have been fingerprinted so many times, I wonder if LEO can use those databases too...

Moo...they had been dead at least 6hrs. So what does it matter who called.? And after 6 hrs a dead person looks pretty dead..moo
I guess the only reason it would matter is if it's determined that the party who called knew about the murders for hours before. No evidence of that thus far, at least not beyond speculation.

Reactions: nao
On the youtube video of how your dog might react to a break-in, it was the really small dogs who protected their owner! Though it obviously was a staged break-in so idk whether the larger dogs sensed that somehow. ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7
We have a big dog, my daughter pretends to pass out to see if he'll rescue her but he just looks at her and walks away lol.. He barks at times and other times not. Fickle dog!

It was originally the garage of the house or at least part of it was. The garage is normally soundproofed between the garage and rest of the house. Later on, it was converted to two bedrooms and a bathroom.
Once again, do you know this for sure? If so, please provide proof because I highly doubt it with the location of the stairs, and the presence of the detached garage out front.

Attachments

• AA063CDC-2AC5-4C32-8A2F-56A676E2D8DE.jpeg
    AA063CDC-2AC5-4C32-8A2F-56A676E2D8DE.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 29
“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face” - Mike Tyson

You can train for something your entire life and if your shining moment finally comes, but unexpectedly, you can almost guarantee that the first few beats are going to be a learning experience.

Nothing shocks the NYPD homicide unit or LA’s robbery and homicide division. They’ve seen just about everything and get constant exposure and reps.

Sorry if duplicate. I think we can put some rumors to rest with this. Interestingly too, the police department appears to have turned the ability to comment back on to their posts.

Moscow Homicide Update
November 21, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.

Updated Information:

• Digital Media Tips: The FBI continues to assist Moscow PD and Idaho State Police on the quadruple homicide that occurred in Moscow, ID, on November 13, 2022.
The FBI is accepting tips and digital media at fbi.gov/moscowidaho.

Anyone with information can also call the tip line at (208) 883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.

• On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.

• Rumor Control: Detectives are aware of a Latah County Sheriff’s Office incident of the report of a skinned dog and have determined it is unrelated to this incident. Contact Latah County Sheriff’s Office for further details.

Detectives are also aware of a Moscow Police incident of the report of deceased animals left on a resident’s property. This was determined to be wildlife activity and unrelated to the incident.

• There will be a News Conference to update the public on the investigation.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022
1:00 p.m.
University of Idaho
Alumni Lounge of the ICCU Arena
900 Stadium Drive, Moscow, Idaho
The conference will be live-streamed on YouTube at:

• PRESS RELEASES: All press releases go through the listserv process on the City of Moscow website. To sign up for news releases, visit News Flash
o Under Tools on the right side of the page, click Notify Me.
o Fill out the form at the top with your email address and or phone number.
o Scroll down to City of Moscow Press Releases and choose to be notified by email/phone.
o This action will allow you to receive all press releases as they are released.
o All news releases are posted on the City of Moscow PD Facebook page.

• MEDIA: To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to moscowpdpio@ci.moscow.id.us. This email address is directed to the Communications Team and allows for quicker responses. The new PIO phone number is for media organization use only: 208-883-7181(landline-only number, no texts). Email is the preferred format for requests and inquiries.
We encourage our community to rely on official channels for the most accurate information. These are the City of Moscow Press Releases and the Moscow PD Facebook page.

###

Full press release can be found at https://bit.ly/3EzMcps.
Previous press releases can be found at News Flash.

#MoscowPDInvesitgation

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...qtMyv76oXl&id=100082550200493&mibextid=qC1gEa

But the actual statement from police say the surviving roommates summmoned friends for help. The reporter here changed the wording - like many in this thread.

I know it's nit-picky but the word stuck out to me. And if LE don't want to release who the 911 caller was then they definitely wouldn't say it was a neighbor. KWIM
I’ve wondered if the roommates actually went to Ethan’s fraternity house that was across the street. Maybe they were scared wanted some males over to check it out, not to mention they likely knew Ethan’s brother lived there. Could be why the parents seem to say Ethan’s brother was at the house.

• Why did cops initially tell residents that there was no threat to the wider community?
  • How did 'several friends' inside the house not see or hear anything?
  • Why did it take nine hours after the murders for a 911 call to be placed?
  • How did the two surviving roommates not wake up during the horrific murders?
  • Why did Moscow Police initially believe they were called because someone had 'passed out'?
  • Why did it take more than a week for cops to appeal for surveillance footage?
  • How did authorities fail to search a dumpster outside the home?
  • At least four people have been ruled out as the potential killer – why have there been no arrests or suspects?
Seems a lot of PR work for the PD, and it is causing issues And rumors.
But…for justice to be served these two are certainly a problem! IMO
Some locations have limited video storage, and after a period of time new footage is saved over old footage. What if that time frame is 3 days?
Dumpsters are emptied on a schedule- what if that schedule is every 4 days?

It is tough enough for the public to trust LE, and believe they are doing their best, and to believe they know what they are doing, and don’t have an agenda.
I cannot imagine how that feels for the families of victims!

All of us who follow true crime can name cases where things could have been done better, hindsight is not fair. Still, it is excruciating to know that some departments need help and that unless they ask for it they do not get it. Sometimes the asking is too late.
To me personally, this is starting to feel too long. And as we move closer to time for students to return to campus 7 days from today- the pressure will build. Some will not feel safe If no one has been arrested. Can you blame them and their parents?
IMO

Last edited:
This is everything we need to know about the 911 call.

"The 911 call came from the phone of one of the two surviving roommates who were home at the time of the killings, according to a statement from the Moscow Police Department.

Police said the surviving roommates called friends over to the house on Nov. 13 because they believed one of their roommates had passed out. Multiple people spoke with the dispatcher during the 911 call made at 11:58 a.m. to report an unconscious person, according to police."

The Moscow Police Department actually says the surviving roommate summoned friends when she believed one of the "second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up." I feel like MSM turned that "one of the second-floor victims" into "roommate." In not sure, though.

https://m.facebook.com/100082550200493/

Last edited:
It was originally the garage of the house or at least part of it was. The garage is normally soundproofed between the garage and rest of the house. Later on, it was converted to two bedrooms and a bathroom.
I don't know whether I agree that the first floor was a garage. The house was renovated in 2018-19. The details of the renovations are posted on the Zillow listing. Nothing is said about converting garages into living space.

This is the floor plan. The stairs are at the front of the house. So there's not much room for a garage.

Attachments

• 1669079995808.png
    1669079995808.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 8
This has to be speculation based on people thinking there may have originally been a garage in the basement.

I will say once again that IMO I do not believe this to be the case, as the house used to have a detached garage.

If anyone has confirmed evidence of it being soundproofed can you please provide? Otherwise can we please be very clear on what is speculation and what is actual evidence? I feel like I’m starting to see a lot of misinformation stated as fact in this thread.
Wow - great find! I well remember the house from the 2000s & the first floor wasn’t a garage even back then.

I go back and fourth with my thoughts. One thought is he is local and loving the attention and watching all the news getting off on it that he created. And he is still in the area. Other thought the girls were targeted from the bar, food truck and he was surprised by the young man and his girlfriend. Had to killed them all and he is gone.....
I think the latter

Any reason to believe the killer didn’t enter through the 3rd floor sliding door? Ran down to the 2nd to escape and ran into the other two roommates? Has this been mentioned?

People who travel internationally, using airplanes, automatically have their fingerprints scanned when they scan their passports. This information is in the Department of Homeland Security, Traveler Database.

I wonder, when LEO runs prints, if they have access to that database. Or if they only run prints done for people who have already been fingerprinted for criminal records.

I have been fingerprinted so many times, I wonder if LEO can use those databases too...
Good question. I'm not sure they can keep your prints in the system unless you've committed a criminal offense.

Seems a lot of PR work for the PD to me, causing issues.
But…for justice to be served those two are a problem! IMO
Some locations have limited video storage, and after a period of time new footage is saved over old footage. What if that time frame is 3 days?
Dumpsters are emptied on a schedule- what if that schedule is every 4 days?

It is tough enough for the public to trust LE, and believe they are doing their best, and to believe they know what they are doing, and don’t have an agenda.
I cannot imagine how that feels for the families of victims!

All of us who follow true crime can name cases where things could have been done better, hindsight is not fair. Still, it is excruciating to know that some departments need help and that unless the ask for it they do not get it. Sometimes the asking is too late.
To me personally, this is starting to feel too long. And as we move closer to time for students to return to campus 7 days from today- the pressure will build. Some will not feel safe If no one has been arrested. Can you blame them and their parents?
IMO
I don't blame the families at all, whether it was one day, one week, or one month, etc. But one week with this little info is concerning. LE was asked yesterday during the presser if they have enough help. Of course they said yes. I cannot help but wonder if egos are getting in the way and I would hate to hear that, especially for the families. But it is common.

The Moscow Police Department actually says the surviving roommate summoned friends when she believed one of the "second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up." I feel like MSM turned that "second-floor victims" into "roommate." In not sure, though.
That actually explains why so many are posting things like "the surviving roommates called friends" as facts - reporters are changing the actual statements from LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1