ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no exterior stairs to the third floor balcony. The only access is through the bedroom. (posted earlier, no link anymore, probably DailyMail).

View attachment 381688
Right, but how do they know he/she didn’t climb? I don’t find it that difficult to get to that balcony. Is that 8 feet? I fully believe the two young women were targeted. Perpetrator gets injured and cant leave the same way he came? Possibly? Also. The noise upstairs awakes the 2 roommates on the 2nd floor, but not the 2 on the 1st floor? I guess that depends on where the confrontation took place. Is it known If the bedrooms on the 2nd are directly above the 1st floor bedrooms.

Driver who brought girls home could verify that there wasn't anyone else with them.
Could have been a late night visit. Doesn’t have to be someone who was in the car. It’s typical to have late night visits from people after coming home from a bar. Which could indicate a familiar person. Could be a hookup, delivery of some sort or sleepover. Have to think of all aspects. Dealing with a perp who has no fear, out of his mind so “sloppy”, sounds like perp could be using drugs/alcohol.

Any reason to believe the killer didn’t enter through the 3rd floor sliding door? Ran down to the 2nd to escape and ran into the other two roommates? Has this been mentioned?
It looks to me like you would have to be Spiderman to climb up to that 3rd floor.!

The murders are not connected to a story about a dead dog. That info is posted here in the last 2 pages.
But what a coincidence, animals slaughtered close to the now home of humans slaughtered. Apparently this has not happened before. I still think the LE should also check the newly rentals or new to the area people before the animals slaughtered. Also, should check if someone has now left the community. What about the homeless in the community, possibly someone who is new to the area. JMO

Is the rumor mill overwhelming LE? I’m actually surprised that they are rapidly announcing who is cleared and what is unrelated. Usually they don’t seem to give a hoot what is happening outside of their own investigative work. I doubt that the skinned dog tips are going to slow down at all just because of the latest release. I would have preferred a bigger perimeter and canvas and request off all camera footage within 48 hours, but we can’t go back in time. Is it normal to tell the public what they have ruled out so soon, or are they pressured due to the public-and the student body’s-fear? I would not want to live nearby. I would love to know what a profiler that has knowledge of the true facts of the case thinks about who this killer is.
College town, social media, general media, sites like this ... rumor mill could be crushing. The only other move would be for LE to totally ignore it all. Not sure which way is best.

There are a lot of questions about the discovery process from the surviving roommates and/or friends. This probably doesn't really help with anything but I plotted a few different routes that they may have taken to discover the bodies including conceivable lines of sight. I included a few different possible orientations the bed could have been in.

Edit: Also, not to get into too many details but I'm wondering if the roommates thought the person was passed out because they were sort of halfway on the bed and the floor or something of that nature. Just a guess of course.

Attachments

• SecondFloor(Discovery).png
    SecondFloor(Discovery).png
    211.3 KB · Views: 66
  • SecondFloor(Discovery)2.png
    SecondFloor(Discovery)2.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 60
  • SecondFloor(Discovery)3.png
    SecondFloor(Discovery)3.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 54
  • SecondFloor(Discovery)4.png
    SecondFloor(Discovery)4.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 54
  • SecondFloor(Discovery)5.png
    SecondFloor(Discovery)5.png
    214 KB · Views: 60
JMO.

Honest question: why are people focused on the dog barking or not barking? If the dog commonly barked, the housemates and neighbors were used to it and ignored him. If he didn’t commonly bark, then he didn’t bark.

I doubt we’ll ever know how the dog reacted.

I’m glad to read he’s in good care.

JMO.

RSBM, I think my personal curiosity about the dog and questions are to try to get more insight on perp:

a) barking/yelping - might not do either if killer was familiar to the dog (stranger vs acquaintance or friend)
b) if related to the skinned dog. Why do something heinous to one and not kill the other? If to not kill K's dog, they might have some affection for it and lean towards someone they know or were acquainted with

Yes please post a link I did not find that one. Thank
There are no exterior stairs to the third floor balcony. The only access is through the bedroom. (posted earlier, no link anymore, probably DailyMail).

View attachment 381688
I wonder why there was a ladder photographed along the wall on the first day? It seemed odd and out of place there. Several commented on it back on #1 or 2..

Why and how are some ruled out so quickly?
Why FBI profiling is especially critical in this investigation and why it is more likely to be lengthy.
Previously posted on earlier thread today and may answer some questions …. Great interview with Retired FBI Special Agent Steve Moore. No rehashing.
@Curiosa20 I appreciate you linking this post- the interview is well worth the watch, presented in a very logical fashion and makes a lot of sense.
It seems that the local Moscow PD realized early on that they needed more resources and reached out for those resources. We see it on this platform with many cases in many of the smaller towns, a local LE department that is perhaps understaffed and likely underfunded. Not unusual in any profession these days.
Mocow PD does not appear to be territorial or leading with ego. I give them credit.
Solving these four killings is a huge undertaking and will take time - lots of manpower hours for interviews and
sifting through the evidence. I agree that profiling will be very important in solving these crimes.
It may be true that the community is not safe until this person is found or the perp may have already moved on.
The killer may be an Israel Keyes type FBI reveals new evidence in hopes of identifying unknown victims of serial killer
I think likely the killer was not in the victims inner circle. He was in the periphery/ in the "shadows" - maybe he frequented the local bars where the kids go, could be a local handyman/roofer etc who did work in the area and fixated on one of the victims. I don't think he's going to present as a" scary" guy.
One thing I think we can all agree on is that this is one damaged, deranged and evil individual. We will all rest easier when he is caught.
The sooner the better
Just my thoughts- All IMO

Perhaps this has been said on the other threads (I've read them, but I don't recall every detail), but another thing that has stood out to me as a former resident of Idaho/Moscow is that lots of Idahoans have guns and weapons in their homes. People are allowed to conceal carry in the classroom and all-around campus, and open carry is not unusual to see in the stores/restaurants around town.

Whoever entered the home either knew there were not weapons inside of it or was so angry/enraged that they did not care if there were weapons there.

Maybe they know who did it but can't prove it.

The inability to prove it would make it speculative. LE can't definitively rule out other offenders based on speculation/hunches. That the Captain stated that it wasn't related to this crime was a definitive rule out. That means he knows the offender of this crime didn't do it based on the evidence from this crime. I.e. the person they suspect killed these kids wasn't in town that day (or similar evidence).

My opinion.

If they can't prove it can they really know?
Police interact with all kinds of people. A lot of them are total loony tunes. There used to be places for the loony tune types, but not anymore. The police don't want to stick them in the jails because they don't have the resources to care for them. I mean, you could be correct, but not necessarily. It isn't a logic statement.

Moo..personal protective clothing is very easy to access since covid...you can get it at the $1 store. Or just wear something like a hospital gown. If the did plan these stabbings , pretty sure they would of thought about the messy blood stuff....moo. i want know where they went after..they must of had a plan for that too. Maybe they just live in an apartment block over looking place.....moo

Can someone who is local or knows the area well give us a feel for the culture and demographics of the town?

Are there any peculiarities that make the place different to any other town in America or even the state?

Are there tensions between communities at all?

Is it an affluent area?

How rare are crimes of violence?

What about drug and alcohol misuse? Any particular problems above the average?
Great questions… I’d be curious to know who the local drug dealer is on campus or for the Greeks. Every college has their dealers, they need to be interviewed because these are the people that are in the “know” about the late night antics.

Oh interesting, I'll have to tell her this :)
I don't know for sure of course but dogs have amazing noses and since they can be trained to detect medical issues of various sorts including as a pre-diagnosis, I'm pretty sure your dog can tell whether or not there's anything serious going on with your daughter.
Also your dog is much more likely to rely on dog senses (smell) than any visual cues, like your daughter 'looking' passed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB