ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this was already addressed via Ethan’s Venmo account transactions
My thinking was more about finding out if any college kids or locals are out of the ordinary… mentally off and heavily self medicate. So the local drug dealers would be insightful to question along these lines.

In the scenario I made above the ID card would not be the proof of the murder but be used to natrow the investigation to gain evidence for a conviction. The ID would not be used in trial and would not be the proof needed to convict. Just a lead. Like if an anonymous caller called the tip line. The tip would never come to light in court. In this scenario neither would the ID.
My former brother in law was caught being the peeping tom/sexual assaulter at a motor court here in my small hometown. They found his prescription eyeglasses in the field (500 yards) behind the motor court, after a lady called LE and stopped her attack. This was in1982 in Johnson city TN. His father was the state banking commissioner so guess how long he was incarcerated? Do not poopoo anything they might find, except a week is a long time. They waited too long to close the perimeter here, IMO.

Have all the roommates lived in the house for a while? These killings remind me a lot of the Tate-LaBianca murders, and in that case, the victims were targeted because the guy who previously owned the house slighted Manson. Do previous sorority sisters have any weird experiences?

I also have a lot of trouble justifying the scenario of an ex-boyfriend “snapping” and killing 4 people in a frenzy with a knife. One is a crime of passion, four is a mass murder.
This. I was thinking the same thing (I'm old enough to remember the Manson murders). I also wondered if it has something to do with the house itself/location/previous tenants....

I just can't see this as being a crime of "passion"/ex-boyfriend. I hope we hear more from the FBI profilers.

So if a knife goes through a blanket or sheet and into a person, and then comes back out to stab again- unless done very slowly it will have cast off. Blood will come off up into the air as the knife changes direction from moving up quickly to coming down quickly.
We’ve been told by LE and the Coroner that the victims were stabbed multiple times. There was castoff, and that blood ends up on the back of the perp, and all kinds of places like the ceiling and walls. And sometimes it contains other fluids, like the blood of the perp.

Covers only protect the perp from blood if they stab once, and leave the knife in the victim.
JMO
Maybe, or maybe not. November in Idaho is cold. Many people, myself included, sleep under a comforter which is a few inches thick. I can envision multiple stabs in and out releasing very little, if any, blood towards the killer. We can't say for sure, because we don't know all the facts. I find it completely plausible that the killer got soaked in blood. I also find it completely plausible that they stayed relatively clean while stabbing 4 people in their beds. Closed minds don't further the cause.

@Curiosa20 I appreciate you linking this post- the interview is well worth the watch, presented in a very logical fashion and makes a lot of sense.
It seems that the local Moscow PD realized early on that they needed more resources and reached out for those resources. We see it on this platform with many cases in many of the smaller towns, a local LE department that is perhaps understaffed and likely underfunded. Not unusual in any profession these days.
Mocow PD does not appear to be territorial or leading with ego. I give them credit.
Solving these four killings is a huge undertaking and will take time - lots of manpower hours for interviews and
sifting through the evidence. I agree that profiling will be very important in solving these crimes.
It may be true that the community is not safe until this person is found or the perp may have already moved on.
The killer may be an Israel Keyes type FBI reveals new evidence in hopes of identifying unknown victims of serial killer
I think likely the killer was not in the victims inner circle. He was in the periphery/ in the "shadows" - maybe he frequented the local bars where the kids go, could be a local handyman/roofer etc who did work in the area and fixated on one of the victims. I don't think he's going to present as a" scary" guy.
One thing I think we can all agree on is that this is one damaged, deranged and evil individual. We will all rest easier when he is caught.
The sooner the better
Just my thoughts- All IMO
I’m glad you enjoyed it, too. I found it unusually candid and without pretence.
I agree he is a very dangerous individual and I am increasingly considering that this was not his first time.
I don’t think he will present as a scary guy, either.
Thank you!

Real question. Why do you doubt he left prints? Do you think it was that planned and organized? (if so, maybe the tyvek suit isn't so far fetched....).
I really do. I don't know if I'd go as far as the tyvek suit but I bet this killer was covered head to toe and was prepared for anything. It's just not the kinda crime you would commit on a whim. Especially in the way it was committed.

I think he went in intending to kill everyone. I think Kaylee and Maddie were first. Ethan being there in the same bed as Xana fudged up his plans because one of them was gonna wake up and struggle after the first (most likely Ethan) was stabbed.

Just my theory

Last edited:
“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face” - Mike Tyson

You can train for something your entire life and if your shining moment finally comes, but unexpectedly, you can almost guarantee that the first few beats are going to be a learning experience.

Nothing shocks the NYPD homicide unit or LA’s robbery and homicide division. They’ve seen just about everything and get constant exposure and reps.
That is a good reason not to live in NY or LA
With all due respect for people who live there, I visit but go home.
JMO

Ethan Chapin 'loved life,' 'laughed continuously,' 'smiled when he woke up and was still smiling when he went to bed'​

Hundreds of family members and friends of Ethan Chapin, a victim of the Nov. 13 quadruple homicidenear the University of Idaho campus, remembered the 20-year-old student during a Monday afternoon memorial service.

Attendees arrived at the service held at McIntyre Hall in Mount Vernon, Washington — about a six-hour drive from Moscow, Idaho, where the university is located — wearing blue t-shirts that read, "Team Ethan."

Greetings - longtime lurker and websleuther here. I lived in this town for close to a decade and worked at this university.

My first thoughts when I saw the location of the house was that 1) it is on a dead-end street, which seems odd and risky for someone who might try to escape by car and 2) it's very close to where faculty/staff live. These facts alone seem to suggest that the killer knew the people here and/or had a place to which they could easily escape. Just my two cents.
Very interesting…….

I really do. I don't know if I'd go as far as the tyvek suit but I bet this killer was covered head to toe and was prepared for anything. It's just not the kinda crime you would commit on a whim. Especially in the way it was committed.
Totally agree. This is going to be someone they had only met a time or two. Probably has been in the house for a party.

And they obsessed over doing this. And plotted it out in their head a million times before eventually just going for it.

I also don’t believe that they went in their intent on killing everyone. And things only got “messy” when their plan was blown up. The girls downstairs getting spared was probably a result of him being surprised by the 2nd set of victims.

If they let this person enter their room before bedtime, they must have been somewhat familiar with the perp. I just don't see them letting in a relative stranger this late at night. Anything is possible, but this theory seems to be a stretch to me. LE would be looking at ALL possible contacts they made recently, so if that's the case, he *should* be found.
Seems to be a logical scenario because a murder using a knife is a very personal way to kill. Also, Could be a random hook up, which happens in college all the time. This scenario is more likely than a serial killer or brake in which kills 4 out of 6 people. This seems personal

Another thing that has stood out to me is the “sloppiness” supposedly left by the killer according to one of the parents. I fully believe LE has DNA of the killer. Had to be blood/saliva without sexual assault involved. I don’t feel it was someone close to the victims bc they would’ve had him/her by now Bc of an apparent injury ”if” they’re cooperating with authorities. Anyone know the timeframe it takes to get DNA results back? Tomorrow is 10 days. LE has a planned conference for Wednesday?

Someone asked earlier about this. Yes Ethan's brother was in the same fraternity so the surviving roommates may have run there to get him before calling 911.

It seems unlikely that it's blood. Even if there was a huge pool of blood, it would need to be up against the wall, and their would have to be a leak (for want of a better word) along the foundation. More likely a rust stain, or maybe paint?
You can see it originates from under the siding and runs down the foundation. Whatever it is appears to come from within the house. It's definitely not rust. And if it's paint it came from within. if paint can run off the floor and down the foundation, so could blood. Imo.

Regarding the victims being in bed:

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details.
She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.
Thank you. I missed that particularly tidbit and was basing my comments on earlier media reports. This definitely changes how things could have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo