ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why would anyone "need" to buy a "nine inch combat knife" on Amazon?"

I have one that I keep in my car. It has rubber, non-slip grip. "Always be prepared", I learned that in the Boy Scouts. A KBAR knife is a great tool and can also be used for self defense in a pinch. And a KBAR can definitely be used as a hunting knife, in my opinion.
I agree with you fully. I use mine as a tool when backpacking/camping in National Forrest and other wilderness areas. The fact it can be used in defense is just a bonus. I think the cultural divide between rural/urban is why some can't comprehend needing one.

There's a real possibility that the carnage was entirely confined to two (of the six) bedrooms. This might help explain how it wasn't obvious to the survivors that anything had happened.
I think this makes a lot of sense. Especially if K and M were calling J together so late, I think it's reasonable to think that they might have been sleeping in the same bed. There were also some photos published by some MSM websites that show glimpses into the room that we've all been assuming is K's and it looks pretty normal, so IMO they were likely in M's room. I do wonder, tho, if one of them would have defensive wounds if she woke up to her friend being attacked.

There's a real possibility that the carnage was entirely confined to two (of the six) bedrooms. This might help explain how it wasn't obvious to the survivors that anything had happened.
I’m wondering if they saw bloody footprints anywhere? How’d this person exit the house where it wasn’t obvious that blood was everywhere?

I’m not following you, you are saying there is a serrated edge, but that the blade is not serrated. To me the blade is the entire cutting edge from tip to handle.
So I am seeing serrations on the blade, near the handle.

Some knives have notches on the non blade side, used as a thumb grip. They are not serrations as they are not on the blade side at all.
That is what some people call a Rambo or Bowie knife- those with notches on the non blade side- the spine.

Confusing, isnt it? Lol
The blue area is the serrated edge. The yellow area is all a sharp edge. So it is kinda both I guess so it can be confusing.

Attachments

• 20221122_094246.jpg
    20221122_094246.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 17
I feel like the "combat, 'rambo'-style knife' narrative exited and is now lapping the barn with no desire to come back in. Issued from ROTC stocks is plausible, sure... but also available from any hunting/fishing/outdoors/utility store for probably a lot cheaper than most would even think.
Walmart included.

That’s my thought too @Harikari Someone whose attempts to “belong” or connect have been thwarted or rebuffed. Someone whose ego was injured.
Agreed, I too think it was someone for whatever reason did not fit in with the crowd and wasn’t invited to their parties/functions etc. And/or he might have been thwarted by more than one member of the house. Or lastly, his fantasy girl(s) rejected him. Imo, he was known to the members of the house if only vaguely so.

The blue area is the serrated edge. The yellow area is all a sharp edge. So it is kinda both I guess so it can be confusing.
Also I spoke wrong saying the serrated edge was on the top/spine. My bad.

I’m doing a little research on this. I know the coroner stated the possible presence of blood on the exterior of the house would have been consistent with her findings on-scene inside of the house but I am not taking her word for it as she isn’t that credible IMO and she also didn’t examine the supposed blood she was asked about.

I’m not saying it’s not blood, just that I personally need more concrete evidence for my own verification.
Seems to me the coroner who has been in the house and examined the bodies is actually pretty credible.MOO

it's just a little strange though why would they be classifying him by his credits. its his second year at the school so he should be called a sophomore regardless of what his credits look like. just seems like an unnecessary discrepancy

Not really. I mean that's how it works at college your are classified by credit hours in the university system which I am sure they used to identify him. In the end he would graduate with the ones that have sophomore credits at the time compared to those he went to class with.

"Why would anyone "need" to buy a "nine inch combat knife" on Amazon?"

I have one that I keep in my car. It has rubber, non-slip grip. "Always be prepared", I learned that in the Boy Scouts. A KBAR knife is a great tool and can also be used for self defense in a pinch. And a KBAR can definitely be used as a hunting knife, in my opinion.
We had one in both cars at one point; we live in Florida and had them ready if we needed to cut the kids out of their car seats. (Water crash)

They’re great knives and very inexpensive. I used one recently on the interstate to cut loose ground cover off the bottom of my car after I hit debris.

I’ve been reading since the beginning and initially i had gone back and forth on the “who” (my personal suspicions), but always felt the suspect was know to these victims. However, I’m now pretty convinced that this is the work of a serial killer. There was a similar attack (early morning hour, knife, multiple stab wounds, 1 dead/1 survivor… stabbed 19 times) in Marion County Oregon a year or so ago. While I’m not sure or even saying that these are in any way related, it bring to mind how random and chilling this types of murders are. I also lean towards a serial killer because of how seemingly little information we've heard about potential local suspects, but mostly I just can’t see these kids crossing paths with a local psychopath unless it was purely random (hence random sk). While I’m fully aware that LE might be holding something close to the vest or one of the women actually had a stalker, I think it seems to me like a much bigger picture so to speak. Early on others had mentioned the serial killer possibly and that s/he is long gone. I’m starting to agree. I do hope that this monster is caught and the families get justice, but I think it’s a long shot. Just my opinion, of course... for now

If you don't mind, ladies and gentlemen...
We still don't know what kind of edge was used to murder the four students, serrated or straight, we only know the LE is looking for some kind of fixed-blade, probably combat, knife. So what is exactly the point of the above is-Kabar-serrated-or-not debatę?
It's funny how that happens.

Not really. I mean that's how it works at college your are classified by credit hours in the university system which I am sure they used to identify him. In the end he would graduate with the ones that have sophomore credits at the time compared to those he went to class with.
i know. i've gone to college. but in a case like this i think it's important people know this is not his first year at the school. him and xana met at the school last year obviously he is not a freshman in regards to years at the school. people might think he was only there for a couple months when this happened. he wouldn't even be in a frat yet if it was his first year. you have to pledge for a whole semester

The longer this goes the use of a knife seems to be really telling. This area of the US has a lot of hunters and people with guns so why would he choose a knife? One stat indicates ID is #4 for gun ownership in the United States. *

Use of a knife over a gun can be significant. It's slower, more physical and more personal. It's also quieter in theory but not if something goes wrong or someone hears something. It can be more easily dropped in a scuffle especially if slippery with blood. he waited until they were in bed (how did he know that though?). Being in bed is more vulnerable but with so many people in the house it speaks to confidence and/or recklessness.

This crime would likely require brute strength, some sort of stealth knowledge. Due to the strength and total callousness I would guess older than college age. Likely a person who has killed before since killing like this would be seriously shocking if it was the first time. And he didn't stop at 1 or 2 victims but just kept going. IMO likely someone with either military or private militia background (also big in NW US). Would almost certainly have to be a hunter. Significant anti social tendencies. Potential for delusional thinking.

One fear I would have is that he is sticking around in the area to keep tabs on the mayhem. Perhaps going out to a place in the wilderness , cabin or hunting spot.

It seems like the Mad Greek restaraunt could be significant since both K and M worked there. Maybe this person ate there and developed a fixation on one or both girls. Servers have to talk to people and be friendly to some extent.

I would want to ask anyone in that area of the restaraunt , or any place across from it, if they saw someone ho was a bit creepy or off putting or who the girls made an offhand comment about. Maybe someone who didn't stick out like a sore thumb but also didn't fit in. Would want to know what is across the street as he would likely be watching them to learn their movements. I would want to know if there was someone who used to hang around who isn't there now.

Ultimately this is a very scary case and I would not be going back there if I was from U of I.

*Gun Ownership by State 2022

I’m doing a little research on this. I know the coroner stated the possible presence of blood on the exterior of the house would have been consistent with her findings on-scene inside of the house but I am not taking her word for it as she isn’t that credible IMO and she also didn’t examine the supposed blood she was asked about.

I’m not saying it’s not blood, just that I personally need more concrete evidence for my own verification.
I did not know that the coroner said this. I have not heard this before.
I would trust the coroner, however I have not heard this.
Is there a link?
Then we can settle this issue.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads