ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dog being in a crate would make sense as to why LE didn't find him until later in the evening.
I wonder if the dog was crated in K's room because that's where she had intended to sleep, but she ended up staying in M's room, as indicated by their joint phone calls to J. If the dog wasn't one to bark, maybe police didn't find him until later? But you'd have thought they swept K's room, too, even if the room itself wasn't a crime scene. You'd also think the surviving roommates or friends on the scene would've alerted authorities to the dog...JMO

That other friends were summoned to the scene by the 911 caller doesn't mean they were summoned prior to his/her calling 911. It takes emergency crews a bit to get on site, and many of the friends lived within a stone's throw. If I recall, it hasn't been said who called 911, only that it was called from the roommate's phone. One could infer that it was likely the roommate herself.

My opinion.
Maybe the roommates were terrified about what they saw and called the frat Ethan belonged to since it was very close to the house? If they were in shock, they may have done this not believing what they were seeing and wanted protection from friends. Then, a friend arrives soon, the roommates are hysterical, grabs one of their phones and calls 911? I can see this happening the more I think about it! Shock can do many things to people and these are kids!

Maybe the roommates were terrified about what they saw and called the frat Ethan belonged to since it was very close to the house? If they were in shock, they may have done this not believing what they were seeing and wanted protection from friends. Then, a friend arrives soon, the roommates are hysterical, grabs one of their phones and calls 911? I can see this happening the more I think about it! Shock can do many things to people and these are kids!
I agree. It upsets me to see people judging the phone call. These are young folks who just woke up to the most horrific experience of their lives. No one knows how they'd react in that situation. No one knows what the brain does to protect itself. Not wanting to believe what they were seeing. Not being sure of what they were seeing.

I don't know if this is allowed here so please tell me if not, but I'm seeing all over Tiktok today that there was an incident in Moscow last night with a man breaking into a girl's car and waiting in the front seat while she was parked up. She and her friend went to get in the car, freaked out and screamed and he ran off.

This was posted on a local FB page and I don't know how credible that is so I wont link it here. No way of knowing if this is in any way linked, but interesting all the same given that Moscow seems to be known as a very safe town and all these things are happening in a short space of time. The description of the man is quite surprising too IMO.
MOO.

I agree. It upsets me to see people judging the phone call. These are young folks who just woke up to the most horrific experience of their lives. No one knows how they'd react in that situation. No one knows what the brain does to protect itself. Not wanting to believe what they were seeing. Not being sure of what they were seeing.
Amen and thank you!

LE have already stated their opinion.

Investigators release more details on weekend killing of four students in Moscow, announce surviving roommates and man in food truck video aren’t thought to be involved

Last edited:
Walmart included.
Maybe size of knife determined from autopsy or marks on skin from scabs identifies the knife more precisely? Does the military knife have a wider or thicker blade from the ones on the market? The FBI would be very aware of where one could purchase these knives so I feel it’s got something about it that precisely identifies the model which may lead to military - hence they check ROTC - who has access, any knife missing from inventory?

I don't know if this is allowed here so please tell me if not, but I'm seeing all over Tiktok today that there was an incident in Moscow last night with a man breaking into a girl's car and waiting in the front seat while she was parked up. She and her friend went to get in the car, freaked out and screamed and he ran off.

This was posted on a local FB page and I don't know how credible that is so I wont link it here. No way of knowing if this is in any way linked, but interesting all the same given that Moscow seems to be known as a very safe town and all these things are happening in a short space of time. The description of the man is quite surprising too IMO.
MOO.
The Moscow PD said it was unfounded. FiJblagVEAAgKjW.jpg

Maybe it would be helpful to start thinking of the possible scenarios that could've led to this being a personally-targeted crime instead of a crime of opportunity (ie random person found an unlocked door)

Here's what I see as being possible scenarios. Please feel free to add to the list:

• K and M encountered someone that night (maybe previously known to them, maybe not) who managed to follow them home and get into the house.
    • Maybe they encountered them at the bar
    • Maybe they encountered them at the food truck
    • Maybe someone saw the girls walking somewhere at some point (ie to their ride, to the food truck, or simply into the house)
    • Maybe someone saw them letting the dog out
  • X and E encountered someone at the frat party
    • Maybe this was another party goer
    • Maybe someone spotted them walking home from the party
  • X and M encountered someone at work
    • Maybe a coworker or customer or delivery driver
  • An über driver or food delivery person targeted the house/inhabitants after making a delivery there in the past month or so
  • A stalker of one of the victims saw this as their chance
    • (I think this theory lends itself well to K being the target, since she had supposedly complained about a stalker in the past few months and was about to move from Moscow)

It's frustrating that there is no arrest after such a horrible crime, BUT I am reminded how a lot of juries want hard evidence after watching so many TV crimes shows.

Circumstantial evidence is no longer enough to get a conviction.

That is why I think LE is taking their time with this one.

i know. i've gone to college. but in a case like this i think it's important people know this is not his first year at the school. him and xana met at the school last year obviously he is not a freshman in regards to years at the school. people might think he was only there for a couple months when this happened. he wouldn't even be in a frat yet if it was his first year. you have to pledge for a whole semester
That would depend on the school. When I was in school, you lived in your Greek house as soon as recruitment ended so freshman were living in the Greek houses.

According to Moscow PD Facebook, the surviving roommate summoned friends when she believed one of the second-floor victims was passed out and was not waking up. If this was based on a phone or alarm going off behind a locked closed door, why would the roommate summon friends over instead of going upstairs to the third floor to tell the other roommates?
i don't get this either. LE says that ONE person was reported "unconscious" on the 2nd floor, but there were 2 bodies on 2nd floor (and according to E's parents in the same room). if the doors were locked, how was it determined that only 1 person was passed out? my theory is that LE is so secretive about the 911 call/caller, because whoever called described something only a suspect would know

It's frustrating that there is no arrest after such a horrible crime, BUT I am reminded how a lot of juries want hard evidence after watching so many TV crimes shows.

Circumstantial evidence is no longer enough to get a conviction.

That is why I think LE is taking their time with this one.
Agreed. I think their investigation is much further developed than they have let on in the media. They aren’t out in front of the cameras constantly begging for help or information.

This is not meant to shade anyone, but I think it’s very easy to fall into the TV show line of thinking and expect things in real life to go the same way. I am guilty of this at times when it comes to active cases. This isn’t an SVU episode where a perp is identified in the very next scene after the crime. And that doesn’t mean LE isn’t doing their job or working very hard on the case.

I'm wondering if the person was scoping the house out that night. They saw lights on in the house. They saw the 2nd floor lights go out and then the third floor so they knew people were in those two rooms possibly going to sleep. Maybe they followed them so they never saw the roommates lights go off because that happened before they got there.

Would it be possible to chloroform people sleeping and then stab them with little resistance? If this is possible then maybe it did not need to be a person of substantial strength or stature or age. You wonder when toxicology will be available.
Toxicology may also show that they had other substances in their system as well (alcohol or otherwise), perhaps also causing little resistance or making people less likely to wake up. And no judgement here (many of us had our share of fun in college, too). I slept through a fire alarm and a power transformer explosion in college- a few drinks and a late bedtime used to really knock me out.

i don't get this either. LE says that ONE person was reported "unconscious" on the 2nd floor, but there were 2 bodies on 2nd floor (and according to E's parents in the same room). if the doors were locked, how was it determined that only 1 person was passed out? my theory is that LE is so secretive about the 911 call/caller, becuse whoever called described something only a suspect would know
I agree, I think the 911 call has too many details that LE doesn't want out. At this point, only those who were at the house that morning with the roommates (who went upstairs), LE, and the killer know exactly how things were left.

@ Sandvol, not here to disagree but cameras have certain storage capacity, IMO.. first short LE presser on Day 1 investigation should have been for public to check every camera in stated radius around 1122 King Road and in Downtown Moscow area and save footage/report any movement, anything unusual, simple, short request. AMOO
LE may have asked for footage from people and canvassed the area. Then, after reviewing all the tapes, they may have targeted areas where they asked for more footage in case someone had cameras they had missed or were unaware of. I have camera’s around the outside of my home and they are registered with LE. If something happens in my neighborhood, it lets then know there are cameras at my location. It can speed up the process of viewing footage.

Toxicology may also show that they had other substances in their system as well (alcohol or otherwise), perhaps also causing little resistance or making people less likely to wake up. And no judgement here (many of us had our share of fun in college, too). I slept through a fire alarm and a power transformer explosion in college- a few drinks and a late bedtime used to really knock me out.
I slept with earplugs in college!

Too much noise and partying. This was 45 years ago.

Our fire alarms were designed to wake up the "living-dead", so they woke me up. They made the entire building vibrate.

Yep. That exact scenario happened to me in my 20s. Maintenance guy’s roommate (who had access to keys) had been coming into my apt when I was gone. I started sensing something, but couldn’t put my fingers on it. One day I asked a coworker to accompany me home and walk me inside (during the day, not my regular end of work day). When we walked inside, he was there. Naked with a knife. We ran out to a neighbors apt and called police. In the meantime, landscapers and other neighbors tackled him when he tried to flee. He was arrested but charges were later dropped (?). He somehow went on to do it again. I did sue the apt complex and had a favorable outcome.

I assume LE is looking at all these angles. Looking at anybody who has had access to the apt. Maintenance, pest control, AC/heating, etc.
“Naked with a knife”: I am so sorry. So glad you and your coworker were OK. How traumatic.

Yeah, I’m starting to lean more towards this type of … all logic went out of the window … perp.

I think that the killer wanted to kill everyone in that house but, for whatever reason, he was unable to. Locked doors, got spooked, saw a dog, didn't realize the other two were present...Why show up at a crowded house, albeit sleepy and possibly intoxicated, to kill one person one has a grudge against? Too risky, when a single victim can be picked off alone at a later opportunity. There would also be the risk of armed resistance in a house full of people. Murderous grudges have time to waste, I think.
You’re right, unless the only opportunity for the killer was that day since supposedly she was going back to her parents the following Tuesday. I read somewhere that K was newly single, bought a Range Rover, had plans to travel in Europe and she was moving to Texas for a good paying job. She had her whole life ahead of her.

I hate to bring up the skinned dog because in my personal opinion, they’re not connected. In my mind, if the killer was someone connected to the killings of dog/s in the same area, you would think he/she would also kill it, but the dog was unharmed. It’s a new pup doodle she bought with her ex, it would have barked. However, the killer likes the dog enough to keep it alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it