ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called 911 a few years back. I would hate to see a transcript or interpretation of that call.

• Lightening struck a home nearby.

• Home was on fire.

• Flames were shooting up all over the place.

• No firetruck in sight.

• I did not know the address of the home. --Boy oh boy!!! It turned into a big ordeal, and I told them go to xxxx...but they wanted nothing to do with it.
I've also had the unfortunate experience of having to call 999 (in the uk) in an actual emergency and i know exactly what you mean. Trying to relay information to an operator whilst you have massive adrenaline it's like your brain just stops working logically

I just don't think the FBI's BAU would've been called in if this wasn't a bizarre, serial killer-esque crime scene. Likewise, they tend to only come out when patterns emerge.

I just think this is an actual monster we are dealing with here, and a meticulous one at that. Not a friend. Not an acquaintance. Not an aggrieved ex-lover. Not a rejected incel. Not a drug deal gone wrong. "Messy" or "sloppy" doesn't necessarily mean he didn't protect his own interests throughout - just that the crime scene was messy and sloppy. I wouldn't be surprised if we later find out that there were messages and they were posed in some way.

My opinion.
Except that a former top-level profiler for the FBI has already said he doesn’t believe it’s anyone meticulous, well-prepared, or a serial killer type as you suggest. He said it points towards an acquaintance of some sort, a younger male who harbored resentment for one reason or another, who targeted that house and maybe even a specific person for a reason.

Survivor roomate/friend getting a tattoo of their murdered friend's initials 10 days after the murder, to me, is not weird AT ALL.

I have several tattoos. One I got in memoriam to a friend that passed away THAT week.

The thing about tattoos is you always want another one. It's about finding something you believe in enough to put it on your body.

There are 3 human emotions that often lead to tattoos: Love/Desire, Hope/Dreams and Regret/Sadness. That's why you see people getting initials of girlfriends and wives, new love and old, even pets.

These are college kids. And at least one of the roomates already has multiple tattoos. 0 reason to think this is weird or out of place, and it's almost assuredly another coping mechanism from a almost definitely traumatized individual.

Except that a former top-level profiler for the FBI has already said he doesn’t believe it’s anyone meticulous, well-prepared, or a serial killer type as you suggest. He said it points towards an acquaintance of some sort, a younger male who harbored resentment for one reason or another, who targeted that house and maybe even a specific person for a reason.

Which is exactly the kind of thing an FBI profiler would publicly say to tick off the suspect of a meticulously planned and elaborate crime.

A one-off impulsive crime of rage and/or passion by a novice killer against four people on two different floors? Not buying it. One kill would make a novice weak in the knees.

My opinion.

You don't think people get murdered because they see something they're not supposed to see. Maybe they saw something and didn't even know it, and the killer didn't want to take any chances. Happens in real life, too.
I believe I explained my reason for not believing that to be the case in this particular situation in my previous post.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how it is humanly possible that the two roommates didn’t get woken up by this commotion? 4 people getting stabbed to death and nobody calls 911 until 11am the next day? What am I missing?

Does the K Bar have any special markings or maybe design of the hilt itself that might transfer to the victims?
I was thinking along the same line. If the bloody knife was laid on the couch or bed or pillow, it might have left an imprint unique to that particular kind of knife. Considering reports that the crime scene was horrific, I think it's safe to assume that the entire knife, not just the blade, could have been bloody.

My last prediction is that when they catch this guy (and they WILL catch him) and his name gets released to the public, it is very likely going to be someone who none of us have ever heard of before but the girls sure had. He was a dishwasher at the restaurant where they worked or a one-time neighbor of the house or a graduate student who had been to a few parties at their house. And even when his presumed reason for killing is revealed, it’s not going to make an ounce of sense to any of us, so much so that we might even doubt it was him (because how on earth would that reason cause anyone to snap and kill?).

Which is exactly the kind of thing an FBI profiler would publicly say to tick off the suspect of a meticulously planned and elaborate crime.

A one-off impulsive crime of rage and/or passion by a novice killer against four people on two different floors? Not buying it. One kill would make a novice weak in the knees.

My opinion.
Yes!! This guy wants recognition for what he is done and he will be pissed if they give credit to someone else.

My gut feeling says there is no way you just see an unconscious body in what LE calls a "very gruesome scene".

The 911 stuff is just too strange to me.

I really feel like LE know a lot more and are just going through the motions. Hopefully we'll know more soon!

MOO

Sorry - I don't know how to quote!

My gut said the same thing, and I questioned how both could be true, but I think others are right... when someone calls to report a stabbing, they're still going to be asked if the victim is conscious. The answer is yes or no. In this case, the answer would have been "no, they're not conscious." A report of an unconscious person, in this case, does not mean they didn't also describe more horrific and gruesome details. Then again, I don't know what a person looks like after being stabbed, and maybe they really didn't see a horrific, bloody scene (some of you have mentioned how this could easily be the case... many possibilities there). But, I shook the whole "unconscious person" phone call off based on this: The shorthand log or message sent out has to be objective, factual, whatever you call it... and it must be given using consistent terminology. Dispatchers separate the caller's emotion and detail from the medical side of it, and that's a good thing as far as saving lives goes! I think it's as simple as that.

BUT, I do think MUCH more was said in that call than we may think. I'd guess it's something quite relevant to this case getting solved. I think the 911 call contains the first information/evidence that led LE to regard the murders as targeted.

I'll go back and check myself in a moment, but I believe LE was dispatched to the scene from the start of the call, yes? If the dispatcher wasn't given more than an "unconscious person," then is it typical in Idaho to send LE in the way they did here? I'm sorry -- I know someone's explained this, but I don't remember. I just know it varies a little from place to place, and without making this longer than necessary, I learned that, in some areas, dispatch of LE requires certain circumstances. In Clemson, SC, EMS wasn't allowed to enter my off-campus house to give medical help until LE arrived (because no conscious person was there to let them in the already unlocked door). Totally get that it's a safety thing, but is that the procedure here? Or is LE's presence at the scene more telling/providing insight into 911 call?
Often the term "unresponsive" correlates with dead. It's the terminology they use.

Not to take anything away from the profiler, but the key word, to me, is former. That person's job now is to get eyes on screens and clicks on websites. Educated speculation is still specualtion, and it is doubtful that anyone outside of LE has any accurate details.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how it is humanly possible that the two roommates didn’t get woken up by this commotion? 4 people getting stabbed to death and nobody calls 911 until 11am the next day? What am I missing?
I'm thinking an experienced hunter type knows where to initially stab to prevent a possible vocal reaction.

You are correct. It does happen in real life but this is something different. I get that you’re putting ideas out there but this just doesn’t make sense. I follow a subreddit(I’m embarrassed to say bc I’m kind of morbid) and it shows the aftermath of the cartel and it’s a whole lot worse than this. What happened to these 4 kids is horrifying but their heads and bodies aren’t in public on display for all to see.
Which is how the cartel would handle the bodies!

My gut feeling says there is no way you just see an unconscious body in what LE calls a "very gruesome scene".

The 911 stuff is just too strange to me.

I really feel like LE know a lot more and are just going through the motions. Hopefully we'll know more soon!

MOO
If the people were locked in their rooms and not responding, you could knock and then call other friends, "Hey is Ethan with you?" They come over and eventually you figure they must be in there, unconscious, call 911.

I was thinking along the same line. If the bloody knife was laid on the couch or bed or pillow, it might have left an imprint unique to that particular kind of knife. Considering reports that the crime scene was horrific, I think it's safe to assume that the entire knife, not just the blade, could have been bloody.
IMO based on how many stab wounds + potential stabs into wall/furniture, it’s likely the tip of the blade or a piece of it broke off and was left behind, and that’s how LEO has a lead on the type of knife in addition to the wounds themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member