ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I agree. these conversations are on one end (the people calling) full of stress and on the other end someone using training and a list of questions they need to get information based on. the discrepancies in these calls are usually not big deal. If the roommate/s called 911, firstly the caller maybe in serious shock that they are at a murder scene, and just relaying there are people unresponsive and the are some signs of violence. the dispatcher would be asking if the they knew if a perp or person who committed the violence's was still there or fled. if the surviving roommates did not know for certain the cops would be dispatched asap, and since cops are on dispersed patrol and ambulances are not, the cops could be way closer, and could get there considerably sooner
The key to this all is if there were “some signs of violence” vs. “violence everywhere”.

The fact that they have cleared a lot
Of people , does this mean they do have some sort of dna evidence ??

It is irrelevant because the ride has been cleared and the hoodie man has been cleared. Maybe it is the same person. Doesn't matter particularly.
Is it possible they went out drinking, went home, got hungry and took Uber back to town to eat, then got a private lift (cleared by LE) home?

This house has been an iconic party house for as long as I can remember. It’s legendary around town, even for non-students & locals who have never attended/worked at the UI or been to a party at the house.
Snipped by me.

This contradicts what their neighbours said.

Neighbors told The Post on Thursday the six people who shared the house were quieter than their rowdy collegiate neighbors.

The group of students would have small parties, but they were usually quiet by 10 p.m., said HT, 22. They would sit on the patio around a fire, drink beer and listen to music, and she said she sometimes saw small groups of people in the kitchen.

Born and raised in Idaho and I can say with confidence that I know zero people who carry a knife regularly, outside of a multi-tool
I wasn’t born here, but I’ve lived here for a long time & regularly see dudes with them on their belts in my neck of the Palouse.

I don’t see it in this article that he’s cleared.
Post #1014 quotes the NYT article as saying several people have been preliminarily ruled out, including the ex-bf. Is that not in the article you are viewing? If not, has the article been very recently updated?

Snipped by me.

This contradicts what their neighbours said.

Neighbors told The Post on Thursday the six people who shared the house were quieter than their rowdy collegiate neighbors.

The group of students would have small parties, but they were usually quiet by 10 p.m., said HT, 22. They would sit on the patio around a fire, drink beer and listen to music, and she said she sometimes saw small groups of people in the kitchen.

None of that changes MOO. Do we know how long this batch of tenants has rented the house?

Do you have a source? I can only see where it was in animal shelter and now is with a responsible party.

So I have located corner club with a red circle. the grub truck “usually” parks infront of the Garden (another local bar) that is located right next to what locals call friendships square. I have put a large red square. Anybody walking from the corner club to grub truck will past right by mad Greek but not all the way to the bagel shop. the man in the white hood seen in the grub truck video walks off screen rounding the the Garden building corner into friendship square. I have taken the route from grub truck to campus going through friendships square many times 8FD5998F-E405-4D2D-B02E-3057ED9856D3.jpeg

These types of knives can be bought for less than $100! That surprised me. Have they said how long they think the blade of the knife used was?

I don't think it is legal in Idaho to carry a knife that big. Imo. You can own one, but I don't think you are allowed to carry it on your person. But criminals are not big on following the law to begin with. Laws do not stop people from killing. If there is a will there is a way. Fire, bombs, cars, etc. Imo.c
There are no knife laws in Idaho. Not casual but worth noting, Idaho has a very very low murder rate.
And most enforced knife laws are really just deadly weapons law which hinge on intent.
BWW you can carry a k-bar on your belt in Washington DC unless your intent is to use it criminal

According to the updated Moscow King Street Homicide FAQ's :

The section Who Is Not Believed to be Involved states:
  • Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th, or
  • None of the individuals at the residence when 911 was called.
Sorry if this is a repost - this is a fast moving thread. Sharing because I saw someone ask if JD had been cleared per the NYT article but now I cant find who that was.

So JD is cleared??
It isn't, IMO, stated in exactly that way on the Moscow PD website -- see Frequently Asked Questions>Who is NOT believed to be involved

Unless, as a keen commentator pointed out, they were present at the time of the 911 call, was the male in the Grub Truck surveillance video, or was the third-party ride home. I thought the calls themselves were followed up on and cleared as having a connection, it leaves some room for clarification, in my opinion only. Certainly others feel differently about that, which totally makes sense (to me).

I anticipate someone asking again tomorrow and that it gets updated or addressed a little more clearly. I would personally be asking for that, maybe, but then again even being included as considered might be really tough too. No accusations of wrongdoing upon anyone here. MOO.

"Reporter - The male subject whom the women called - Has he been ruled out as a suspect or person of interest?

Chief - Everything that we have taken from those calls we have followed up on, we've cleared and we believe that there's no connection there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper