ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking about with the police said last night, that they found the dog, “the evening of the incident.”

What a strange thing to say, or strange way to say it.

I think they were trying to send us a message. It’s been bothering me all day.

Then it just hit me. I think the calls were about the dog. I think the killer let the dog outside, then went inside and waited quietly for everybody to come home, and fall asleep. He knew the dog would bark, or defend its mama, so he put Murphy outside.

When K&M got home, they noticed the dog was missing, and immediately called J. Something like, “Murphy is missing! Do you have him?” Or “ I need you to help me find Murphy!” To me, that explains the number of calls in such a short period of time, which seems somewhat frantic.

The dog was out all day. Curled up and slept somewhere until the chaos at home died down a tiny little bit, then he came wandering home that night. He was taken to the animal shelter, and then eventually returned to J.

This is my new theory. The calls were about the dog. The killer had let him out. I believe this is also LE’s thought, as they made such a point to tell us that the dog came home the evening of the murders.

Thoughts?
Honestly, I think you are into something. I thought the wording about dog from police sounded like a code or a riddle. Letting the dog out meant it wouldn’t bark or alert neighbors about this murder. Just my two cents

Sorry but that differs from the official site.

1. Who is NOT believed to be involved?
  • Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th, or
  • None of the individuals at the residence when 911 was called

1. Who & what information can I trust?
We encourage the community to rely on official channels for the most accurate information.

So- I’ll choose to believe the official site and NOT the NYT.
Hopefully this seeming contradiction will be addressed at the next press conference. As someone else suggested, he may or may not fall under one of the other listed categories such as one of the 911 callers or the man who arrived with K&M at the grub truck. Since the NYT included him in their list by name, I would guess a reporter will ask for clarity in the Q&A if the info is not given upfront in the case update.

Was someone arrested for the dead dog? If not, then it's not solved. They don't know who did it, and it cannot be ruled out. If there was an arrest, and that person has been investigated, does he have an alibi for the time of the murders?

I hope police didn't announce that there's no connection because that's their opinion. There was an arrest, I assume?
Agree, so far nothing that has come up that is odd or troubling seems not to be connected based on what LE does And says. Why Is that ? IMO seems like trying to calm the public isn’t working.

-No evidence of K having a stalker in previous weeks, while a friend said she mentioned it.
-No connection to dog skinning that happened a few weeks prior, yet not known who did it.
-Story of some guy getting into the car of two girls- LE says unfounded. No description of the guy is given to the public? Do they think the girls lied? Did he disappear?
Do such events happen regularly? I would not think so

Doesn’t breed much confidence for LE to keep the public safe, IMO
It is day 10 of investigation of a horrific quadruple homicide, no POI, no weapon or arrests

IMO

Anybody have a link to a full re-run of banfield? Seems like she had a lot of good sleuthing..

I’ve been thinking about with the police said last night, that they found the dog, “the evening of the incident.”

Then it just hit me. I think the calls were about the dog. I think the killer let the dog outside, then went inside and waited quietly for everybody to come home, and fall asleep. He knew the dog would bark, or defend its mama, so he put Murphy outside.

When K&M got home, they noticed the dog was missing, and immediately called J. Something like, “Murphy is missing! Do you have him?” Or “ I need you to help me find Murphy!” To me, that explains the number of calls in such a short period of time, which seems somewhat frantic.

The dog was out all day. Curled up and slept somewhere until the chaos at home died down a tiny little bit, then he came wandering home that night. He was taken to the animal shelter, and then eventually returned to J.

This is my new theory. The calls were about the dog. The killer had let him out. I believe this is also LE’s thought, as they made such a point to tell us that the dog came home the evening of the murders.

Thoughts?
This Would mean The killer Was already in the house before everyone got Home??

This doesn't make sense to me. I would expect the bedrooms to be carpeted. Would not the carpet soak up most, if not all, of the blood? I would expect it would absorb enough of it that it wouldn't run to the exterior the way it appears to have.
No carpet in entire house. Look at Zillow pics.

Hopefully this seeming contradiction will be addressed at the next press conference. As someone else suggested, he may or may not fall under one of the other listed categories such as one of the 911 callers or the man who arrived with K&M at the grub truck. Since the NYT included him in their list by name, I would guess a reporter will ask for clarity in the Q&A if the info is not given upfront in the case update.
Sadly these reporters are adding to the problems for LE. They don’t listen well, and write clickbait titles that muddy the waters. In this case, NYT should have to say where they got their info and not waste a question asking something that is perfectly clear.
MOO of course.

Thoughts?
I've considered this as well. And had my own thoughts. However, PD news release now says, "On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party." That's a change, right? Not sure what to think about discrepancies or how that might change your speculation. MOO.

He could have slipped in and out in under an hour. Or hung out eating their food, playing with the dog. Or washed up and admired himself in a mirror. Who knows what all the thrill or duty entailed.
I just saw a new report. The national average rate of solved murders for 2020, the most recent year available, is only 50%. A coin toss.
A lot needs to change in all dimensions and realms for a safer society.
the perp could have done the deed in minutes.

And we do have a safer society. We have a slight short term uptick in murder the last few years directly correlated with release of a whole lot of felons. But in general, using 1,000 year, 500 year, 200 year, 100 year, 50 and 25 year metrics all violence is on an unrelenting trend down, be it mass state violence in warfare or simple murder.

And Idaho is a VERY safe place

I was following this pretty heavily but stopped when there wasn’t any more from LE. You can come up with a zillion scenarios but the investigation has its own time.
A press conference is scheduled for Wednesday.
I wonder why they planned a presser for Wednesday. They announced it ahead of the Sunday press event.

Agree, so far nothing that has come up that is odd or troubling seems not to be connected based on what LE does And says. Why Is that ? IMO seems like trying to calm the public isn’t working.

-No evidence of K having a stalker in previous weeks, while a friend said she mentioned it.
-No connection to dog skinning that happened a few weeks prior, yet not known who did it.
-Story of some guy getting into the car of two girls- LE says unfounded. No description of the guy is given to the public? Do they think the girls lied? Did he disappear?
Do such events happen regularly? I would not think so

Doesn’t breed much confidence for LE to keep the public safe, IMO
It is day 10 of investigation of a horrific quadruple homicide, no POI, no weapon or arrests

IMO

Exactly, they should explain why they conclude they are not connected. But they probably are connected, and they know it.

I've considered this as well. And had my own thoughts. However, PD news release now says, "On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party." That's a change, right? Not sure what to think about discrepancies or how that might change your speculation. MOO.
IMO, there's a chance the dog knew the killer. That could be why the dog didn't bark, attack or run off.

Sorry but that differs from the official site.

1. Who is NOT believed to be involved?
  • Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th, or
  • None of the individuals at the residence when 911 was called

1. Who & what information can I trust?
We encourage the community to rely on official channels for the most accurate information.

So- I’ll choose to believe the official site and NOT the NYT.

“Autopsies were conducted on November 17th and the Latah County Coroner confirmed the identity of the four murdered individuals and their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing. The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.”

Why is this information following Autopsies credited to the coroner? The coroner did not do the autopsies, she is not an MD or an ME. Autopsies were completed by a forensic pathologist= who has not been named, and the autopsy reports have not been released.
Is it because the Coroner made a public statement?
Did the info released by the coroner come from the ME?

IMO

I wonder how the dna processing at the lab is prioritized? Anyone have insight there? Maybe that’s all we’re waiting on?

I believe Snell said they were working 24/7 on it so that implies there is a lot of work.
If I’m not mistaken, DNA has advanced to the point now where sometimes just a few days depending on the sample is all that’s needed, From What The Lead investigator said On CNN earlier They Were Make good progress on the case, We could be just waiting on The DNA it’s possible

Sadly these reporters are adding to the problems for LE. They don’t listen well, and write clickbait titles that muddy the waters. In this case, NYT should have to say where they got their info and not waste a question asking something that is perfectly clear.
MOO of course.

If media was required to make corrections at least as visible as (erroneous) claims (i.e. not hidden on the back page), we'd have much better reporting. IMO.

I am fairly certain I saw an official statement that LE had ascertained that the dog was not skinned or fileted and attributed his death to coyotes.
Am I mistaken?

If I’m not mistaken, DNA has advanced to the point now where sometimes just a few days depending on the sample is all that’s needed, From What The Lead investigator said On CNN earlier They Were Make good progress on the case, We could be just waiting on The DNA it’s possible
The DNA in this case will take top priority so I think you're right that it won't take as long as many other cases. There's a killer or killers on the loose.

Speaking of questions- what questions would you ask?

I’ll start.

1. Have you found any evidence outside the home?
2. Do you think digital forensics will help you find the suspect?
3. How many search warrants have been issued?
4. How many IN-PERSON interviews have been conducted?
5. Has the BAU completed their profile?
6. Has a geofence warrant been requested?
7. Where in the house was Murphy found and was he crated?
8. Are you closer to knowing if one or more perps?
9. Has information been released that you wished had not been?
10. Do the families have a liaison or protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67