ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any way that the perp is someone known to the victims. It has to be someone skilled with that type of knife, and someone who didn't go home to a house full of family or friends. They would have had blood on them, and in their vehicle.
Knife skill might be relative to what the victim(s) was doing at the time.

Quick wash off, change of clothes, didn't drive to scene.

So many possibilities.

MOSCOW, Idaho — TikTok videos have emerged of murdered University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves with her adorable dog Murphy, who now appears to be in the custody of her on/off-boyfriend J.

An exclusive photo obtained by The Post shows a person who appears to be J with a dog matching Murphy’s description leaving his parents’ house for a walk in the days following his girlfriend’s brutal murder.

(name snipped by me)

1669152421795.png

Why didn't anyone hear the dog going berserk?

Either inside or outside the house?

Could the killer have let the dog out?

Could the killer have let the dog back in?

Could the killer have locked the dog in a bathroom or spare bedroom during the murders?

Are there paw prints of the dog following or chasing or confronting the killer?

Are there paw prints of the dog protecting one or more of the victims?

The dog may not be able to talk, but his tracks might speak just as loud.

All moo.

Apologies if this was already posted (got swamped at work and checked back in and we’d already jumped to another thread).

But this update from ISP Communications director Snell a few hours ago said that “substantial progress” has been made behind the scenes. Curious how substantial.

He also said “there is somebody out there, some people out there, who murdered people.”

Police search for answers in murder of four University of Idaho students

MOSCOW, Idaho — TikTok videos have emerged of murdered University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves with her adorable dog Murphy, who now appears to be in the custody of her on/off-boyfriend J.

An exclusive photo obtained by The Post shows a person who appears to be J with a dog matching Murphy’s description leaving his parents’ house for a walk in the days following his girlfriend’s brutal murder.

(name snipped by me)

View attachment 381953
Insane to me that they have/took this photo and are following this kid.i understand if the police were doing this, but journalists? How does this help, aside from wanting to be nosy about who has the dog?

Last edited:
About the 911 call and unconscious person - I thought it cleared up that it went like this (can't remember where I read this though):

The survivors were locked themselves in the bedroom and passed out. When awaking in the morning, one of the males(?) passed out on the floor wouldn't wake up in the morning so they called 911 from locked bedroom BEFORE leaving the room and even knowing what happened to the roommates. So they probably stayed with unconscious person until help arrived so first responders are the ones who discovered the murder victims. This makes totally sense as well.

It’s considered to be a dive bar (no offense intended!) that’s also a quintessential part of the Moscow college experience. I myself have fond memories!

MOO - I live and work in a college town. If the girls worked in a "college bar" like the Mad Greek, it doesn't surprise me they'd hang out in the local dive bar. They probably got sick of how college-age patrons behaved and felt more comfortable in their downtime at a locals bar. That's how it is where I live, anyway. All speculation.

So now the police are walking back their statement about suspicious activity on Blaine Street last night (a male in the women's vehicle, who then chased after the women). Police stating last night it was "unfounded", and now today not the case.....

So another press conference tomorrow. I'm curious if we'll get any new info. In both of the last two, they have ended up releasing new tidbits.

As a separate thought, I looked up a few closing times from bars in Moscow and the latest any seem to stay open on a weekend is 2 AM. Although college students may be up later than that, they likely are already back home between 3-4, unless they were at a house party that ran later. I'm just thinking that the hours of, for instance, 3:30-5 AM on a Sunday morning are probably fairly quiet on the streets, even through primarily student housing. I could see a lot of people walking back from bars/parties or getting dropped off from rides up until maybe 3. But if this murder was finished closer to 4 AM and the perp left on foot, bike, or walked to a car after 4, I have to think far fewer people would be out moving about. Probably around the time the people that had been partying or are to bars may be turning in for the night. MOO

Apologies if this was already posted (got swamped at work and checked back in and we’d already jumped to another thread).

But this update from ISP Communications director Snell a few hours ago said that “substantial progress” has been made behind the scenes. Curious how substantial.

He also said “there is somebody out there, some people out there, who murdered people.”

Police search for answers in murder of four University of Idaho students
Ah so back to the burning question I asked many threads ago (curious people's thoughts on it this)... Was there1 perp or 2?

Ah so back to the burning question I asked many threads ago (curious people's thoughts on it this)... Was there1 perp or 2?
One. Statistically speaking it's much more likely to be a single person with one knife than two or more people, all owning the same knife or passing the same knife between them.

MOO

Here's the thing that makes me curious. The police said they believed the attack to be targeted because of the "totality" of circumstantial evidence. What does that mean?

certainly, one victim having more stab wounds than the others would signify that it was targeted. The key word is "totality". It implies that there were multiple pieces of evidence that signal a targeted attack. Would else would lead them to this theory of a targeted attack?

1. Footage of somebody following the victims

2. Picture of one of the victims, possibly tacked up against the wall that's ripped up.

3. Personal belongings that somehow end up away from where the victims perished. Like a purse or car keys or maybe a ring or jewelry taken off the targeted victim and thrown across the room.

4. Maybe a note left behind

Here's the thing. If it's a stranger that targeted these people and they are on camera whether on foot or by vehicle following the victims, I think the police would have released that footage to the public if they didn't know who it was.
If it's a stranger and the cops could identify him or if it was somebody known to the victims, I think an arrest would have been made right now if some kind of footage was found tied to the murders.

I truly believe, whoever did this lived within several blocks of the murder house. Knew one or more of the victims. Maybe they were invited to a party one time couple months ago and got ghosted since. They probably walked by the house several times to notice partying going on and wondered why they weren't invited. Could be something stupid like that. Or maybe it was somebody related to the fraternity house which is half a mile away.

I believe it's somebody in one of those frat houses or somebody that lives in one of the apartment buildings near where the murders occurred.

We are on day nine- so the usual suspects should have been looked at thoroughly.
Now investigators move to Atypical suspects
A predator may know our appearance, personality, patterns, address, but we may not ‘know’ our predator at all.
Most True Crime chats seem focused on K as the target. These are reasons I can see…
- Mark Furhuman mentioned her talking about having a stalker
- Her mom and sister have gone public- we know more about her than other female victims
- She was out of town and had returned for a visit
- She had a recent breakup with her long time boyfriend
- Her time to be in town was limited

We know nothing about this Stalker?! To me that is a huge red flag
When did K have a stalker? What was the nature of the stalking?
Was it social media or in person And local?
Did she report it? Was it investigated? Did her parents know? Did her roommates know?
Did her boyfriend know?
Did the stalker stop, or did she avoid it by leaving town?

A perp could have seen K home. Seen K and M in the bar, know their next stop was GrubTruckers.
Watch them on a Twitch feed from a phone, and know when they left to go home.
Terrifying to imagine that a stalking predator could be the perp, but seems like a good possibility.
IMO MOO

Prayers for the families, friends, students, community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members