ID ID - Amber Hoopes, 20, Idaho Falls, 14 Sept 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank You Ghostwheel That's 1 year old but still more than I could find. I've been trying to get a hold of my sister, she knew Amber a little bit from school so I'm sure she'd know...but she's really busy with her kiddos, so she hasn't called me back yet. I didn't leave a message of what I was calling about, because I don't want to upset her needlessly if it isn't true.

I have also researched it and found nothing. When I searched the original stories about the 14 year old, it made no mention of Amber, it only said the girl could tell police where the man who kidnapped her's cabin was, which they found and waited for him to return, and when he did he fled again on a high speed chase, got corned in a dead end, and shot a policeman and his dog before killing himself. But no mentions of Amber then or now.

FlowerGirl said:
Amber Hoopes was ready for bed. She left behind her wallet and paycheck and was gone without any personal effects. Her grandpa's new truck was taken as well, and abandoned with 60 extra miles on it. Amber had a good reputation and wasn't the kind of girl to run off or make her family worry. There was a computer in the home, if I remember right. Her Grandpa had also fired a farm worker shortly before night, also.

Please view Ambers photos... you may be the one who is able to bring her home.

My girls went to Church with Amber, years ago and our hearts go out to her and her family. Our country is filled with missing people... we all must do what ever we can, to bring them home and end the suffering of their families.
And don't forget that the power of prayer is real.

I advocate stronger laws for those who abduct children or adults. We must stop the evil that is infecting America.

Flower Girl

Perhaps, knowing the family, FlowerGirl has some inside information that has not been released to the press yet.

I know this poster on-line, and she is a nice lady. She sponsored the Laci Tribute Tree in Modesto for the Rocha family, and to honor Laci and her son, Conner. She has done quite a bit to aide the families of the missing, lost and abducted, and I feel certain I or someone will hear from her soon.

Prayers for Amber's family, and all who love and miss her so much.

With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

I also searched. Amber is no longer listed on the National Missing Childrens site as missing.

I went to the site- http://www.missingkids.com and just searched for all missing children under Amber- to account for spelling and she wasn't there.

And as this is the official site I guess shes been found. I couldn't find any articles confiming it though.

Its pretty weird......................

OKay...sorry for the confusion. My daughter's mother-in-law, Karen Ramey lives in Idaho Falls and is good friends with Amber's Grandparents. (They go to chruch together, also.) Karen was here for my daughters baby shower this month and related the news about Amber.

I guess I should have called the IF Police or something before I wrote the info. But since they speak to the grandparents weekly, I didn't think there was any mistake. Still don't.

But until this is confirmed completely...please disreguard my post until I can have it removed. Thank you.

Flower Girl

Thank you for the update. What a very starnge post then that she was found.

Welcome to WS, MistyGirl, and I pray you will join us here in the missing forums. You never know, you might recognize one and can reunite a family.

I think the post was fairly normal, and serves as a good example why we cannot work with anything but facts.

Reminds me of a childhood game, I think it is called postman...

Anyway, one is told a story and is to repeat it to the child next to them. By the time it is finally spoken from the last child, it is a VERY different story.

That's why I called the Detective to confirm it.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

FlowerGirl said:
OKay...sorry for the confusion. My daughter's mother-in-law, Karen Ramey lives in Idaho Falls and is good friends with Amber's Grandparents. (They go to chruch together, also.) Karen was here for my daughters baby shower this month and related the news about Amber.

I guess I should have called the IF Police or something before I wrote the info. But since they speak to the grandparents weekly, I didn't think there was any mistake. Still don't.

But until this is confirmed completely...please disreguard my post until I can have it removed. Thank you.

Flower Girl

Flower Girl,
After reading your post and how you came by your information, I can see how you would have believed this to be reliable. I think I would have also.

Lady Sleuth
JMHO

Just a little back ground on me I have been lurking here on this forum for almost 2 years and my lurking started a few years before that on another form where I then end up here. I like to read the discussions and follow along in case I might have something to offer. I am a single mother of 12 year old girl and I always always keep my eyes open for things, you jsut never know what you might see or that can help someone one find a loved on.

My heart goes out to each and every family that has had to go through this experience. Thank you for the kind welcome to this site!

For Amber

With prayers of HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

I asked my Mom about Amber the other day, she knows the Hoopes family, and as far as my Mom Knows. Amber has NOT been found, although the cabin scenario as posted before has been discussed as a possibility. Praying for Amber. May she come home safe and sound.....

See post # 30, Birdie.
I spoke to the detective handling Amber's case.
He verified she has NOT been found.

Thanks for your continued interest in Amber.
Bless you, Birdie!

With HOPE, Lanie

http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=nbcstories.cfm&ID=2506Four years ago was the last time anyone saw Amber Hoopes alive.

She was abducted from her home in the early morning hours of September 15th.

Although her parents believe she was murdered and her body buried in the Heise area, there are still many unanswered questions.

Suzanne Hobbs talks with the family and investigators.

The day seems like a normal day at work at Classic Truck and Auto Body east of Idaho Falls. But the reminders of Amber Hoopes' 2001 abduction are everywhere. This was the last place she was seen by her parents before she disappeared.

Hevenlee Hoopes, Amber's mother: "Seems like forever that I've been able to talk with her, but time seems like it has passed really fast."

Brent and Hevenlee Hoopes are busy at work, but can't forget the fact that Amber will never walk through this door again.

She was living at her grandparents home, next to the family business when she was abducted. Hevenlee showed me her room is about the same as it was four years ago. Some of Ambers favorite possessions are left untouched.

Although Amber's body has not been found, the family created a monument at the nearby cemetery as a special place to pray and think about Amber. It's a place those who love and miss Amber visit often.

The Bonneville County Sheriff's office hasn't forgotten this case, it's considered active, and tips come in on a regular basis, most recently from California and Kansas. Those leads were ruled out. Sgt. Doug Metcalf her abduction is currently featured in a multi-state law enforcement magazine.

The Hoopes family is in constant contact with investigators trying to solve this case. Meanwhile, they're quite sure they know what happened.

Hevenlee Hoopes: "I think she came out to shut the computer off, and she ran into Mark out here, and then I think it just escalated from there. He just took her, and I think he took her up to Heise and killed her."

Mark Keith Hescock is the prime suspect, a former employee of Classic Truck and Auto Body. He died in a shootout with police after he abducted a 14 year old girl in June 2002.

Sgt. Doug Metcalf, Bonneville County Sheriff's office: "Where mark isn't here to interview or that, we can't rule him out as being a suspect or rule him as being the only suspect, so every lead that we get we're gonna continue to investigate until we do get a closure or resolution in this case."

The Hoopes family would like to have her body found, to give closure.

Brent Hoopes, still has questions: "Because we know nothing there may be, ya know, if we found her body, bring it home that might help answer some questions."

Amber may be gone, but not forgotten.

Hevenlee Hoopes: "She just was really special to us, and ya know i just don't want anybody to forget and we'll never forget. Of course, we have our memories and we'll take that with us. No one can take that away."

Brent and Hevenlee say the first two years after Amber's abduction were the most difficult, but the last two years they've found peace knowing Amber wants them to be happy and not mourn her death.

Amber would have turned 24 years old this December.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons
Back