ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been discussed.....have dive teams been in the reservoir?

Glad you brought this up. The Sheriff in the Noah Thomas case was quite vocal about social media and not very nice about it at times lol. jmo

Yep, and every single rumor he addressed (that I saw, anyway) turned out to be true!

Snipped for space/emphasis
His parents stressed that he was "almost" three, which means he's pretty mobile to me and can move at a pretty good .

His birthday is Dec 30 - he's *barely* 2 1/2!! Why did they keep referring to him as 3 and almost 3? He's not even close.

I don't think it's odd at all to leave to go to the store right after arriving. Maybe they needed ice for the cooler or any number of things.

I wouldn't think it was odd if the store were easy to get to, but if they passed it on the way in, then had to drive 30-40 min down a bumpy gravel road to get to the campsite, then unload, then drive 30-40 min back to the store, get their supplies, and then ANOTHER 30-40 min to the campsite again?

He can't walk on level ground without falling?

Either something was physically wrong with his legs or dad is a more typical twenty something that has not spent much time with small children.

Gosh it seems like it took forever for this transcript from the Wed. NG show to appear. Remember I told you they said 5 - 6 hours to reach the reservoir. Well this IS what I heard.

JEAN CASAREZ, GUEST HOST

"To Dr. Bill Manion, forensic pathologist in Philadelphia. Here`s what we`ve learned. We`ve learned that from the campsite area to the lake area,

the water, is 4 tenths of a mile. That`s almost a half a mile there. How long would it take a little 2-and-a-half-year-old to get to the water?

MANION: In that terrain, it would take hours, five hours, six hours. It sounds very unlikely to me in my experience with children that wander off

like this."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html 7/16/2015

http://www.drbillmanion.com/ Dr. Manion website.

Either something was physically wrong with his legs or dad is a more typical twenty something that has not spent much time with small children.

Wasn't it DK's Dad who said that though? He's much older than a "twenty something." And you would think has some experience with children.

Gosh it seems like it took forever for this transcript from the Wed. NG show to appear. Remember I told you they said 5 - 6 hours to reach the reservoir. Well this IS what I heard.

JEAN CASAREZ, GUEST HOST

"To Dr. Bill Manion, forensic pathologist in Philadelphia. Here`s what we`ve learned. We`ve learned that from the campsite area to the lake area,

the water, is 4 tenths of a mile. That`s almost a half a mile there. How long would it take a little 2-and-a-half-year-old to get to the water?

MANION: In that terrain, it would take hours, five hours, six hours. It sounds very unlikely to me in my experience with children that wander off

like this."

http://www.drbillmanion.com/ Dr. Manior website.

I don't doubt that's what he said, but that still doesn't make much sense to me. 5 or 6 hours to walk 0.4 miles seems like a very inflated estimate, even for a 2 year old, even in rough terrain. When I take a group of preschoolers (age 2.5 - 5 years old) out for a walk, we can probably cover 0.4 miles in 15-20 minutes, tops.

Dad stated in the unedited interview that when he and DeOrr's mom left to go exploring; DeOrr was playing with his grandpa, he was getting ready for a nap, and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire.

Deorr Jr was playing with his great grandfather. The mom and dad went camping with a 2 year old, a seventy something year old with health problems, and an unknown (to us) male friend of great grandpa's.

What gets me about that line of inquiry, from the unedited video, is the way the store clerk sighting is addressed. If it was an abduction, that sighting is very plausible, but, IMO, there seems to be the need to clear that up. It's not like the father is the only person with a black pick-up truck.

Not 40 miles, forty minutes drive from the campsite on a gravel road.

On July 10th, 2-year-old DeOrr kunz Jr. was camping with his family near the Timber Creek Reservoir, eight miles west of town. That's when authorities say he vanished.

Well now I am confused. This would only be 8 miles up the road. Why do I keep reading it's 40 minutes away?

http://www.kmvt.com/content/news/Th...tinues-in-remote-Eastern-Idaho-316310011.html

It is 8 miles up a rough gravel road. That means you can only drive slowly, thus 40 minutes to get that far.

JEAN CASAREZ, GUEST HOST

like this."

http://www.drbillmanion.com/ Dr. Manion website.

Misspoke?

Miscalculated by A LOT?

???

I don't see any reason that a 2 1/2 yr old would take 6 hours to walk a half a mile. Even if it were up a steep hill it should be less than that.

I would like to watch the video of the parents interview. Anybody happen to have the link? TIA

Wasn't it DK's Dad who said that though? He's much older than a "twenty something." And you would think has some experience with children.

I assumed a reference to Dad would be DK Sr, father to the missing 2 1/2 year old, DK Jr. The father of DK Sr has a different name. Maybe we should start using initials or names instead of Dad. There are at least 3 dads in this story, 3 grandpa's, and questionable other grandparents of Mom and DK Sr, via divorce, remarriage, widowhood who are all giving interviews!

I think they were on the way to the camp grounds and stopped for supplies. That's how I interpreted it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think he took him for a candy bar. It is just mentioned that they were there earlier, and while they were there he gave Deorr a candy bar. I believe the family was in the car which leads me to believe they were on their way in to campsite and stopped for supplies. JMO

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Still catching so i apologize if this has been cleared up. They left the campground as a family to go get some things according to dad in the raw interview.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member