ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - With all due respect, just because you have never seen a mountain lion doesn't mean there aren't plenty of them living in Idaho. Mountain lions are shy and like to hide from people whenever possible. However, they exist in every part of Idaho.
There are an estimated 2000-3000 mountain lions in Idaho. http://police.cityofboise.org/home/news-releases/2012/10/living-with-mountain-lions/ http://mountainlion.org/US/ID/ID_DO...tatus Report - 9th Mountian Lion Workshop.pdf As for mule deer and moose, neither of those pose much of a danger to humans, as they are herbivores. Possibly, they could trample a child if startled, but that's about it (and that would be very unlikely).

~~I still think that if a wild animal was around and had gotten this babe, the tracking dogs would have picked up on it.

Have you asked a Mod? It's very interesting. I suppose a Mod would want to see the second part though before they agree.

Somebody should ask a MOD...Peter's stuff is fascinating and his accuracy rate is amazing. I would think it would have to be a thread of its own as he draws conclusions.

I have to agree with Redlandb. It bothers me that the dad says he was 100% convinced by LE that he is not in water. It bothers me that we have heard nothing about the store clerk. It bothers me that this case is not being updated in media. It bothers me that no one has heard from ggrandpa or even who his "friend" was that was there and where was he when Deorr went missing. I also noticed that the OTHER grandpa that is quoted in latest articles (posted upthread) says that the "blanket was in truck and mom has refused to put it down." If the blanket was in truck and Deorr was going to take a nap as dad says in interview and DJ NEVER goes anywhere without blanket...why didn't he have it when he was getting ready for nap?? Why didn't the dogs pick up his scent? They hit on reservoir for remains but then we find out that someone actually was dumping remains in the reservoir!! The dad says they were 50 yards away but it took them 10-15 min to walk back from where they were? To walk 150 feet? LE very early in investigation assures everyone 100% that he is not in water but then, according to sheriff, started back to square one. It's obvious they are not treating it as a kidnapping. Way to many conflicting stories and LE is silent on many, many questions. Grrrrrr....at this point unfortunately, it is a recovery..not a search and rescue.

There's a certain kind of predator who doesn't lie in wait. He's always prepared to strike if the opportunity arises. If such a person happened to be in the area--perhaps at a mine farther up the mountain, perhaps out fishing, or whatever--and he saw an unattended boy toddling along the road, he might strike, the same way a mountain lion would if a rabbit dashed across its path.

A person like that wouldn't need a truckload of food, or even time. He'd just grab and go.

Does anyone have the address for the convenience store? Or a name so I can look it up? TIA!!!

I think it is just called the Stage Shop - I could be wrong though. Someone posted photos of it earlier in the thread I believe.

Have you asked a Mod? It's very interesting. I suppose a Mod would want to see the second part though before they agree.

I have not. I do not know how to specifically ask a Mod. I have followed Peter's Statement Analysis entries for other cases, though, so just wanted to know if it was allowed here. He is often incredibly insightful….

I'm not absolutely sure this is the store they went to... but there is a Stage Stop convenience store. I think the Post Office in Leadore is in a building with a General Store? And there is also a Sorta Store (?) listing. All on Railroad, at or near the junction with the road that leads to the campground. I'm not sure exactly where they stopped. Incidentally, there is just one restaurant, also nearby, which I believe is owned by the only RSO in town. Very small town.

Does anyone have the address for the convenience store? Or a name so I can look it up? TIA!!!

FWIW, information I found from the link/video below:

00:17 - As far as the nearest store, this link shows a photo at 00:17 of "Stage Shop" which is the name of a convenience store I previously found when I tried to find names of the nearest store to the campground. It's located in Leadore on 100 Railroad. Since they showed a photo in the video of this store, I am "assuming" this may be the convenience store they were at.

01:57 (and a bit after this segment) - discussion about why an Amber Alert wasn't issued

02:14 - same photo of DeOrr I just asked about a few posts earlier. I wonder if that photo of DeOrr was taken the same day he went missing, because IF (and that's a BIG IF) it is the same day DeOrr went missing, 1) he is wearing different clothes, 2) he is by a large body of water (is this by the reservoir?), and 3) he is holding a ball. If the pic was taken the same day, I was wondering what time they went that close to the water (reservoir?) and if it may have been between 1 and 2, and then they all went back to the camp/tent/grandpa and at 2:00 maybe he toddled back to the area of the water - dropped his ball... chased after it... ? Then again, it may be from a different day, different camping outing.

02:41 - news reporter states: "...no evidence of a wild animal attack..." but then she added: "an adult sock was found in an area searched numerous times before..."

http://www.localnews8.com/news/search-contiunes-for-missing-two-year-old-in-lemhi-county/34110688

Bumping this post up because it shows the outside of the Stage Shop early in the linked video (only for a second!).

Hi.. just gonna jump in here.. Grandpa stated that DeOrr is his 'little buddy', they've lived with the Grandpa for about a year and 1/2. When DeOrr wants a nap, he will go to his Grandpa and say "nap papa, nap papa." I wouldnt think it unusual for the parents to leave the baby with Grandpa if it were nap time. That article, and statement, is at hlntv dot com. The Grandpa never speaks of the child in a past-tense, which is interesting.

If this does turn out to be an animal, this video shows what I most likely think could have happened.

It would be rare beyond rare, but who is to say that there couldn't be an oversized eagle, hawk or owl living in the region. They have been known to pick up young mountain goats, lambs and other livestock.

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RC2FSBrtbw

Another video showing eagles snatching mountain goats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iFOVi0vJGU

Golden eagle didn't snatch that kid. It's video generated with a help of a computer for some sort of class project.

Hi.. just gonna jump in here.. Grandpa stated that DeOrr is his 'little buddy', they've lived with the Grandpa for about a year and 1/2. When DeOrr wants a nap, he will go to his Grandpa and say "nap papa, nap papa." I wouldnt think it unusual for the parents to leave the baby with Grandpa if it were nap time. That article, and statement, is at hlntv dot com. The Grandpa never speaks of the child in a past-tense, which is interesting.

That article is not quoting the grandpa that was at the campsite. It is quoting his paternal grandpa, with whom they live.

The mother's grandpa, DeOrr's maternal great-grandpa, was the one at the camp site.

I think what Dad was saying is that it was almost nap time, and they thought he'd be fine with Great-Grandpa for a few minutes while they took a walk, then they'd come back and put him down for his nap. I don't think they intended for G-G to put him down for his nap.

Most grandparents are perfectly capable of putting a kid down for a nap anyway.

Once again, there seems to be confusion about the various grandfathers/great grandfathers. The grandpa you are quoting above is DK Jr's grandpa on his father's side, who was not on the camping trip. The "grandpa" on the camping trip is actually DK Jr's GREAT grandpa, on his mother's side.

Most grandparents are perfectly capable of putting a kid down for a nap anyway.

Outside? Away from home? I think any 2-year-old would be a handful under those circumstances. Not fair to him or to the g-grandfather, imo.

Timber Creek Reservoir lower campground. Not to be confused with the other Timber Creek campground in Idaho.

Am I the only one that finds it odd the way this child was clothed? It was 81 degrees in that area that day and he was wearing a coat, long pants and boots. I am not sure that relates at all to the fact that he is missing, but it seems weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989