ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the praising of the search teams, sheriff etc, is just a branch to hold onto...the more they can focus on how wonderful everyone is, how much they're dong and how well they're doing it-they don't have to focus on their missing little boy-and they can keep hoping-as in, these guys are so good, they will find him. JMO

Thank you! I agree. It makes much more sense than some of the other analyses I've read here.

i myself don't think it was an abduction, most likely scenario is the reservoir unfortunately

I don't say this very often but I'm going to say it now:

I do not think either of these parents are lying or involved in Deorr's disappearance. Not a bit.

I don't need to post an essay or thesis. Mine is short, sweet and to the point. :)

If I'm wrong, I'm hanging up my sleuthing hat.

Thoughts and prayers for little Deorr and his family. :please:

Question for those of you with kids---Would he be crying at first if he was lost? Or does it depend on the child? Every child that age I've been around (admittedly not many) would have been squalling if they couldn't find an adult. This is why I think something happened to him quickly, but I'm no kid expert.

I think they will definitely find him within the next few days -- in the water. I watched the interview several times and I feel like the dad has a lot of guilt that he wasn't able to save his son from getting "lost". Who knows what type of yelling went on between the two of them, blaming each other, when they first discovered he was missing. The dad seems like he is the one to "take care of things" and the wife relies on him. What a terrible situation to be going through.

I agree, I too had the feeling mom and dad had been arguing before the interview.

Update on the Lemhi County Sheriff's office FB page: https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice?fref=ts

I think this following quote is interesting. So far, it seems like LE have really concentrated on Search and Rescue activities near the campground. Have they even started an investigation of what might have happened to him if he didn't just wander off and/or accidentally drown in the creek/reservoir?

All speculation at this time is not positive to our investigation, however, we will continue to look and will direct our investigation to include all possibilities, at a later time.

Question for those of you with kids---Would he be crying at first if he was lost? Or does it depend on the child? Every child that age I've been around (admittedly not many) would have been squalling if they couldn't find an adult. This is why I think something happened to him quickly, but I'm no kid expert.
I think it depends on the child and what exactly happened. I think he pretty much headed straight to the water, slipped in and went under. Probably wasn't any noise at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Update on the Lemhi County Sheriff's office FB page: https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice?fref=ts

I think this following quote is interesting. So far, it seems like LE have really concentrated on Search and Rescue activities near the campground. Have they even started an investigation of what might have happened to him if he didn't just wander off and/or accidentally drown in the creek/reservoir?

It makes sense that their priority at the moment is to find the boy. I can imagine that "all hands on deck" are searching at this point.

I hope today is the day for a breakthrough.

It makes sense that their priority at the moment is to find the boy. I can imagine that "all hands on deck" are searching at this point.

I hope today is the day for a breakthrough.

I also think it indicates that LE do not suspect that the adults had anything to do with his disappearance. In other cases, where police suspect there is more to the story than what they are being told, they immediately start several lines of investigation while the search is going on.

Really depends on the kid. My oldest is terrifyingly independent (and has been since was a baby) and would probably wander a ways before even realizing she was alone. My youngest (both are girls, if that matters) is much more "clingy" and would definitely cry from the start. I'm thinking reservoir, but can't guess as to how exactly he got there. Some definite questions I have but leaning towards tragic accident.

The expert I quoted a few pages back, who was brought in yesterday to help with the situation, said that it depends on the child. Some just try to find a spot to hide when they suddenly finding themselves lost and are scared and won't even come out when they hear their name called. So I guess we won't be able to tell w/o knowing DeOrr.

We are still looking for a missing child and that is the focus of our investigation.

I found this quote to be interesting. After this long?? Are they just trying to be positive? Comfort the parents? Think it's a kidnapping? I'm sure I'm overthinking it all. It's probably just a statement, nothing more, nothing less.

The expert I quoted a few pages back, who was brought in yesterday to help with the situation, said that it depends on the child. Some just try to find a spot to hide when they suddenly find themselves lost and are scared and won't even come out when they hear their name called. So I guess we won't be able to tell w/o knowing DeOrr.

I remembered your post, but couldn't find it so thanks! I'm not very good at searching out posts to find info.

My mom hid from her parents once when she was small. Everyone was panicking, calling her, looking everywhere, about to call the police. She, on the other hand, was thrilled and proud of herself that she was able to fool them. It was all a game to her.

The expert I quoted a few pages back, who was brought in yesterday to help with the situation, said that it depends on the child. Some just try to find a spot to hide when they suddenly finding themselves lost and are scared and won't even come out when they hear their name called. So I guess we won't be able to tell w/o knowing DeOrr.

Thanks Elainera, I was just about to type the same thing. That was a bit of knowledge that was new to me when I read it last night. I had heard it before in searches for older autistic children, but didn't realize that a young toddler may also have the same instinctual response to being separated from its parents.

Are you saying a parent can't hire a babysitter, or ask a friend to watch their child? That the parents are completly unable to expect someone else to tend to their child, even for 1/2 hour?

I completely disagree with that. The daycare industry would not exist today if parents couldn't abdicate responsibility for a time, for their children.

If you're asking for a signed and notarized statement from the parents giving responsibility - temporarily - on a camping trip to great grandpa, I don't think there probably is one.

This case has nothing to do with daycare and I believe you know that.

Of course there doesn't need to be a notorized agreement. But parents should make it clear to that someone else and get their VERBAL agreement that they accept responsibility before walking away from a 2-year-old.

In THIS CASE, the g-grandfather has not acknowledged that he knew they expected him to babysit the child.

JMO

Depends on the child.

I think it depends on the child and what exactly happened. I think he pretty much headed straight to the water, slipped in and went under. Probably wasn't any noise at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is what I think happened too. :(

His dad may come off as aggressive on camera, but after I watched the interview I reminded myself we don't have to like everybody and the parent of a missing child doesn't automatically become a likeable person. I think maybe his personality just isn't camera-friendly.

I'm feeling like it was an 'nobody's watching him', instead of an intentional crime. And people are afraid to just say, we're all on vacation, doing our own thing, and forgot about the baby. That causes them to act odd and even possibly lie, cause they think they will be blamed or get in trouble. They might even fail a poly because of it. If the mother, say, is wanting to just tell the truth and dad doesn't want her to, I think that's why he's trying to do all the talking.
But the baby is still gone, and I'm thinking he went to the water and fell in.
All MOO only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member