ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Elainera, I was just about to type the same thing. That was a bit of knowledge that was new to me when I read it last night. I had heard it before in searches for older autistic children, but didn't realize that a young toddler may also have the same instinctual response to being separated from its parents.

I think 'instinct' is the key word here. Animals do it too. Alone in unfamiliar surroundings? ->"I better hide"

Why is dad saying that his son is almost three when his birthday is in December?

Dad seems well groomed, hasn't been forgetting to shave (I remember when Lori Hacking went missing and Mark was all over the TV, someone on NG said it was unusual to see someone so distraught all clean shaven.). I thought he was all over the place in the interview, but didn't get major hinkys from him. Curious about the time differences and the candy bar incident. Is dad a long haul trucker, does anyone know? If so, would he be gone for long stretches, maybe not used to being around a toddler?

It seemed clear to me that the gal on the tape was saying EMT bag, not 'empty bag'. Does anyone know what was being implied there?
The grooming is possibly impacted by culture. That area has a very large LDS population and LDS men are traditionally (I'll even go so far as to say expected) to be clean shaven. The only times I've seen my father unshaven, for example, is when he returned from fighting forest fires. Not when my brother died, or my mom, or when he's sick or non-fire-related camping. MAYBE when he was guy-only hunting. It's such a routine task and people in stressful situations are frequently encouraged to try to maintain some semblance of normalcy to assist with maintaining some semblance of SANITY, so I can't put any meaning into that detail.

I also want to be clear that I'm not trying to be obtuse or nitpicking, just pointing out a different perspective?

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

I know we don't know much about g-grandpa and said friend, I wonder if by chance g-grandpa had poor hearing, and when Deorr took off he simply didn't hear anything? Obviously moo, however, it would make the scenario a little more understandable. It's heartbreaking and I truly pray that the reason we haven't heard anything from g-grandpa is because he is so distraught at all that's happened, that he simply can NOT function.

All I know is that it was reported g-granddad thought the parents went to the creek and child followed them. I think his impression came from something he was told. Usually families of the hard-of-hearing are quite aware of the problem and that they often need to repeat what is said.

I can only imagine how he must feel since blame is being placed on either himself or the mysterious abductor.

JMO

Sigh. The real tragedy here is, if only the family had made sure of who was watching this little man, we wouldn't be here now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If cadaver dogs hit on the resevoir area twice..the baby would have to have been dead prior to being put in the water if in fact he is in the water or later found to be..cadaver dogs search for scents of dead people.

Cadaver dogs can smell a dead body under water. He didn't have to be dead before getting into the water.

Question for those of you with kids---Would he be crying at first if he was lost? Or does it depend on the child? Every child that age I've been around (admittedly not many) would have been squalling if they couldn't find an adult. This is why I think something happened to him quickly, but I'm no kid expert.
When I panick I don't cry. I talk really fast and studder cause I'm talking so fast. I'd probably be doing that well searching with everyone.
I always try not to judge a mother with her first reactions because I know for me I wouldn't cry till later when I was alone and it hits my son isn't. I wouldn't be able to rest cause id keep thinking hes fine we just have to find him. I feel for this family.

I think 'instinct' is the key word here. Animals do it too. Alone in unfamiliar surroundings? ->"I better hide"

I agree. It's O/T but I raise mini goats and mini horses. When I read that description from the expert on finding lost children it reminded me of how the babies hide when mom goes out to much on hay or grass. Especially the goat babies, but I have seen mini horses do it too.

I was on the fence after watching the unedited video. Then did some searching on FB and found the grandfather's page. Did some more Google searches. Looks like grandpa shares his middle name Deorr with dad is Deorr Sr and son is Deorr Jr. About late 60s - which makes sense because I can't imagine any older of a grandpa or great-grandpa going camping with them.

Seems like a big extended family of aunts and uncles and cousins and family - can't imagine any family would be involved in the disappearance.

And after seeing video of the campsite, I doubt he was kidnapped by vehicle or horse or by foot. Seems too hard for someone to get him out so quickly. Unfortunately I think their best chance is to check all the wooded area and creek/reservoir again.

I was on the fence after watching the unedited video. Then did some searching on FB and found the grandfather's page. Did some more Google searches. Looks like grandpa shares his middle name Deorr with dad is Deorr Sr and son is Deorr Jr. About late 60s - which makes sense because I can't imagine any older of a grandpa or great-grandpa going camping with them.

Seems like a big extended family of aunts and uncles and cousins and family - can't imagine any family would be involved in the disappearance.

And after seeing video of the campsite, I doubt he was kidnapped by vehicle or horse or by foot. Seems too hard for someone to get him out so quickly. Unfortunately I think their best chance is to check all the wooded area and creek/reservoir again.
It was Jessica's grandpa who was camping with them. Jessica is little Deorr's mom.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It was Jessica's grandpa who was camping with them. Jessica is little Deorr's mom.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Oops! Kept thinking Deorr's mom had called her mom but the grandpa was on dad's side. Thanks for setting me straight. :)

When I panick I don't cry. I talk really fast and studder cause I'm talking so fast. I'd probably be doing that well searching with everyone.
I always try not to judge a mother with her first reactions because I know for me I wouldn't cry till later when I was alone and it hits my son isn't. I wouldn't be able to rest cause id keep thinking hes fine we just have to find him. I feel for this family.

No, I was asking if the child would cry, not the mother. :)

I had the same reaction. Unless the video is really off I just don't see a kidnapping being possible.

Reminder, per LE there is no indication that parents are involved in this little guy's disappearance at the moment.

From today:

LEADORE, Idaho -- Lemhi County Chief Deputy Steve Penner asked people not to speculate about the parents of a 2-year-old boy who went missing during a fishing trip six days ago.

"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said. "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/idaho/2015/07/16/deorr-kunz-missing-family/30239047/

If cadaver dogs hit on the resevoir area twice..the baby would have to have been dead prior to being put in the water if in fact he is in the water or later found to be..cadaver dogs search for scents of dead people.

How far from the campsite is the reservoir? TIA

Seems with that babbling creek right there that is what would draw his attention. I remember when my children were young they loved being by any kind of water and would not walk far when water was right there to play with and in. Tadpoles, sticks and wet rocks were all a big draw to youngsters.

With that said the creek doesn't look deep and I am sure they went up and down that area looking for him.

IMO the creek just isn't much of a possibility. In the video it was full of debris and logs and branches. If he'd fallen in I'd think any of that would've caught his body and he'd be found by now.

No, I was asking if the child would cry, not the mother. :)

I had the same reaction. Unless the video is really off I just don't see a kidnapping being possible.
Oh lol
My son wouldn't. He just turned two yesterday. He's wild and brave. I think lots of little kids are at that age. They have no concept of danger.

Oh lol
My son wouldn't. He just turned two yesterday. He's wild and brave. I think lots of little kids are at that age. They have no concept of danger.

I tried to think of a witty comeback to your not crying, but I'm coming up blank here. :) My brother has two little boys. One would cry and the other would charge full force into anything with a big smile on his face. Deorr looks like he's the second type, but it may be because he resembles my brother's youngest and I'm just projecting.

This is the second reminder in less than 30 minutes.

This child's parents are victims. LE has indicated they are not suspect. Insinuations or speculation about parental involvement in Deorr's disappearance is off-limits unless/until LE or MSM release information to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member