ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling like it was an 'nobody's watching him', instead of an intentional crime. And people are afraid to just say, we're all on vacation, doing our own thing, and forgot about the baby. That causes them to act odd and even possibly lie, cause they think they will be blamed or get in trouble. They might even fail a poly because of it. If the mother, say, is wanting to just tell the truth and dad doesn't want her to, I think that's why he's trying to do all the talking.
But the baby is still gone, and I'm thinking he went to the water and fell in.
All MOO only

I agree! I really got the sense the mom was being held back, whether no one was watching him or whatever happened, it seems like she has more to say but isn't allowed.

Why do you say that? Just curious.

If cadaver dogs hit on the resevoir area twice..the baby would have to have been dead prior to being put in the water if in fact he is in the water or later found to be..cadaver dogs search for scents of dead people.

If cadaver dogs hit on the resevoir area twice..the baby would have to have been dead prior to being put in the water..cadaver dogs search for scents of dead people.

That's the sad truth.

JMO

If cadaver dogs hit on the resevoir area twice..the baby would have to have been dead prior to being put in the water if in fact he is in the water or later found to be..cadaver dogs search for scents of dead people.
If a body is decomposing in water, a cadaver dog could detect it through the water. I think that's what is happening.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Regarding cadaver dogs, don't they hit on transferred decomposition as well? Say someone with decomp scent (whatever it's called) on them was near the water. Would that cause a hit?

I'm feeling like it was an 'nobody's watching him', instead of an intentional crime. And people are afraid to just say, we're all on vacation, doing our own thing, and forgot about the baby. That causes them to act odd and even possibly lie, cause they think they will be blamed

Yep, they would. They'd be crucified on social media. I suspect they'd also be held liable legally for filing a false police report and possibly financially as well.

I'm on the fence about it all. I'm shocked no trace of anything (that we've heard) has been found.

If a body is decomposing in water, a cadaver dog could detect it through the water. I think that's what is happening.

That's my thought as well. Do you know if the dogs would pick up on other types of decomposition? Is it only human or could it just be a dead animal?

I agree that all kids are different in a lost situation. My husband and I joke about finding lost kids all time -- it happens ALL the time to us. Over 15x that I can name right now. However, every single one was crying except one boy who was hiding on purpose in a bush. He was about 8 or 9. My husband picked one 2 year old up in the grocery store parking lot. She was crying and scared, but still went right to him. Her mom was looking for her IN the store. We also find a lot of lost dogs! Anyway, my kids at that age would definitely be crying, but still be on the move. My husband was backpacking once with our son and came across a lost wondering boy. They were about 6 miles from the car. The boy was more afraid of his dad being mad then being "lost". My point is that kids do wander off -- even from the best parents.

That's my thought as well. Do you know if the dogs would pick up on other types of decomposition? Is it only human or could it just be a dead animal?
They are trained to detect human decomp, not decomp in general. They won't hit on animal remains.

Well IDK for sure about Idaho but most lakes here in Montana are really clear..since they are really close I'd think you'd be able to easily find a decomposing body..but IDK for sure. Also as another poster asked do dogs only hit on human decomp since camps are really a dead fish paradise with cookouts, fish dead in the water etc.?

I believe they're trained specifically for human decomposition.

Well IDK for sure about Idaho but most lakes here in Montana are really clear..since they are really close I'd think you'd be able to easily find a decomposing body..but IDK for sure. Also as another poster asked do dogs only hit on human decomp since camps are really a dead fish paradise with cookouts, fish dead in the water etc.?

From what the father said the reservoir water is shallow and clear. However, if Deorr is face down and caught in a snag or tall grasses around the edge of the lake his size and the camouflage jacket would make him easy to miss. jmho

According to the dad, the reservoir is very clear and shallow. I don't think it's a very big lake - it looks to be about 500 feet across and maybe 700 feet long. https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...04!3m1!1s0x5357a48718074481:0x26fb3dcc0153268 It is also not a very popular camp ground.

Wyle_E_Coyote answered my question above - the dogs are trained to only hit on human decomp.

They are trained to detect human decomp, not decomp in general. They won't hit on animal remains.

My husband, who has been involved in searches to find bodies several times, says that a decomposing human has a unique scent, as distinctive as a skunk. He says it will not be mistaken for an animal. (I hope I never have to experience it to find out)
Now I realize that if this child had already died before going into the water, he wouldn't have been to that stage, but I know the dogs are specially trained for humans.

If he is in the reservoir, we'll know probably mid to late next week. :-(

My guesstimate of ages of family

mom has a grad pic on FB stamped 2008 I believe...so she is approx. 25-26?
No known age on Dad but he appears to be older to me. Let's say he is 30
Let's say both mom and dads parents are in their 50's
Great grandparents could conceivably be in their 70's

All just estimates. I don't think were talking about some 90 year old ggrandpa

In the entire 15 min interview...the mom does not say her child's name once.

Dad, not once, but twice said "Snake River" instead of Search and Rescue...hmmmm
I don't read much into the snake river versus search and rescue. The initials are the same and there are so many businesses and other things around there have snake river in the name it doesn't seem weird to me at all. HTH IMO etc

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

I know we don't know much about g-grandpa and said friend, I wonder if by chance g-grandpa had poor hearing, and when Deorr took off he simply didn't hear anything? Obviously moo, however, it would make the scenario a little more understandable. It's heartbreaking and I truly pray that the reason we haven't heard anything from g-grandpa is because he is so distraught at all that's happened, that he simply can NOT function.

I agree that all kids are different in a lost situation. My husband and I joke about finding lost kids all time -- it happens ALL the time to us. Over 15x that I can name right now. However, every single one was crying except one boy who was hiding on purpose in a bush. He was about 8 or 9. My husband picked one 2 year old up in the grocery store parking lot. She was crying and scared, but still went right to him. Her mom was looking for her IN the store. We also find a lot of lost dogs! Anyway, my kids at that age would definitely be crying, but still be on the move. My husband was backpacking once with our son and came across a lost wondering boy. They were about 6 miles from the car. The boy was more afraid of his dad being mad then being "lost". My point is that kids do wander off -- even from the best parents.
I find lost kids all the time too! Once at a beach, I took the child to the lifeguard and they shut down the whole beach. Had a human chain in the water looking for mom or dad. About 15 minutes later they come strolling back. They had left the about 5 yo child there. Another time at Wonderland here in Ontario. It was unbelievable the staff didn't know what to do. Unlike the time at Disney World where security was on us before I had time to ask her more then if she was lost. Friends and family joke I am the finder of lost kids.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members