ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandfather says there was just 4 minutes that the baby was not being watched. And the parents say they were gone for 10 minutes. So that means that Grandpa watched him for 6 minutes, then he vanished, so Grandpa thought he went to his parents.

I am sorry that that really bothers me. If the parents had been gone for 6 minutes already, how can one trust a 2 yr old is going to be able to toddle off into the woods and find them? I don't understand why grandpa thought he was 'with his parents' if they had gotten such a head start. JMO

Grandpa was not on the trip. Mom, dad, little boy, little boy's great grandpa on mom's side, great grandpa's friend were the people on the trip.

I've been referring to ggpa as GPA I assumed people knew what I meant but I know GPA was not on the trip. .

I am sorry that that really bothers me. If the parents had been gone for 6 minutes already, how can one trust a 2 yr old is going to be able to toddle off into the woods and find them? I don't understand why grandpa thought he was 'with his parents' if they had gotten such a head start. JMO

~~Yes, HOW can one trust a 2 year old to toddle off and find his parents at the creek???

I don't think great-grandpa presumed DeOrr had gone after his parents, I think great-grandpa HOPED that De-Orr had gone after his parents after he realised he couldn't find him. There's a big difference there.

If this does turn out to be an animal, this video shows what I most likely think could have happened.

It would be rare beyond rare, but who is to say that there couldn't be an oversized eagle, hawk or owl living in the region. They have been known to pick up young mountain goats, lambs and other livestock.

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RC2FSBrtbw

Another video showing eagles snatching mountain goats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iFOVi0vJGU

The one about the golden eagle snatching a baby is computer aided, not authentic

Does anyone here read Statement Analysis by Peter Hyatt? He covers this case, specifically the interview. Not sure I am allowed to discuss this here.

Not sure if this was posted but this is a video of the actual campsite.

[video=youtube;qvZbH7NSadA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvZbH7NSadA[/video]

I've never read that grandpa was specifically asked to watch the boy. .or that he ever accepted or acknowledged that he was watching the boy. .I think the parents assumed. .jmo

But the grandmother was quoted as saying that GreatGrandpa was watching the boy, looked away, and he vanished went he looked back. So it sounds like he was 'watching him' at that point. If the parents just assumed and walked away, then that is worrisome. JMO

Not sure if this was posted but this is a video of the actual campsite.

[video=youtube;qvZbH7NSadA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvZbH7NSadA[/video]

I'll bet he's no more than a couple hundred feet from where he was last seen. I bet he fell down that steep bank into the creek and didn't even have time to cry out.

I don't think great-grandpa presumed DeOrr had gone after his parents, I think great-grandpa HOPED that De-Orr had gone after his parents after he realised he couldn't find him. There's a big difference there.

It makes me wonder if the parents would have heard if great grandpa yelled and screamed for HELP when the boy first vanished. They were only 50 yards away.

I just wonder what was done in the immediate moment that the boy 'vanished.' Did they scream and run around and look? It sounds like they did nothing until the parents returned later on. :mad:

OK, this is my first post ever, so I am sorry if I break the rules. I have read them and think I am fine. I also have read all of the posts, and cannot handle being silent anymore. Since everything is a possibility, these are my OPINIONS, not facts.

1.) The baby was not taken by a wild animal. I live in Idaho and have NEVER seen a mountain lion. I am sorry, it could have be true, but I would estimate them at 1 in 10,000,000. I'm sorry folks, that is not happening. If people are speculating on a wild animal, they need to change it to a bald eagle, mule deer, moose, or wolf, not a mountain lion or bear.

2.) The baby was not abducted by a stranger. Once again, possible, but not likely at all. I mean really, there are 10,000 of these locations in Idaho, just like this. What exactly are the chances that someone is lurking out there, waiting for the family to turn their back. ZERO, ZIPPO, NADA... I'm sorry. Why would this be the spot to steal a kid? It makes absolutely no sense. There is just no need to go 40 minutes off a paved road to do it, besides without a car. The abductor would have to have a semi truck full of supplies to last all summer, waiting for the right moment.

3.) I want to understand more about the store visit. Why is it not clear, exactly how many times the father was at the store? Why was the clerk off by 5 hours, when she probably only had 5 customers all day? Did the father really drive 40 minutes to camp (from the store), 40 minutes back to get a candy bar (to the store), and then 40 minutes back to the camp (from the store)? I doubt it, because that is a lot of $$$ spent on gas for no reason for someone who is tight on money.

4.) On the reservoir... A ton of discussion on walking the .4 miles... How do people think he walked that distance without making a single track or footprint? I don't think it matters if it took 10 minutes or 10 hours, the baby had to leave some form for tracks over that distance, if he walked it.

5.) As for the creek... I am trusting LE when they say he is not in there. Once again, no footprints (that I have heard).

Conclusion... I of course do not know what happened. I can't even really speculate... But I want to hear of some proof that Little Doerr was even at the campground.

OK, this is my first post ever, so I am sorry if I break the rules. I have read them and think I am fine. I also have read all of the posts, and cannot handle being silent anymore. Since everything is a possibility, these are my OPINIONS, not facts.

1.) The baby was not taken by a wild animal. I live in Idaho and have NEVER seen a mountain lion. I am sorry, it could have be true, but I would estimate them at 1 in 10,000,000. I'm sorry folks, that is not happening. If people are speculating on a wild animal, they need to change it to a bald eagle, mule deer, moose, or wolf, not a mountain lion or bear.

2.) The baby was not abducted by a stranger. Once again, possible, but not likely at all. I mean really, there are 10,000 of these locations in Idaho, just like this. What exactly are the chances that someone is lurking out there, waiting for the family to turn their back. ZERO, ZIPPO, NADA... I'm sorry. Why would this be the spot to steal a kid? It makes absolutely no sense. There is just no need to go 40 minutes off a paved road to do it, besides without a car. The abductor would have to have a semi truck full of supplies to last all summer, waiting for the right moment.

3.) I want to understand more about the store visit. Why is it not clear, exactly how many times the father was at the store? Why was the clerk off by 5 hours, when she probably only had 5 customers all day? Did the father really drive 40 minutes to camp (from the store), 40 minutes back to get a candy bar (to the store), and then 40 minutes back to the camp (from the store)? I doubt it, because that is a lot of $$$ spent on gas for no reason for someone who is tight on money.

4.) On the reservoir... A ton of discussion on walking the .4 miles... How do people think he walked that distance without making a single track or footprint? I don't think it matters if it took 10 minutes or 10 hours, the baby had to leave some form for tracks over that distance, if he walked it.

5.) As for the creek... I am trusting LE when they say he is not in there. Once again, no footprints (that I have heard).

Conclusion... I of course do not know what happened. I can't even really speculate... But I want to hear of some proof that Little Doerr was even at the campground.

Unfortunately there can't be any proof (that is substantial), because if they provide a picture of DeOrr at the campsite how is there any undeniable proof it was this camping trip? (Unless there is some identifying mark that would only have been visible during this time)
The store clerk saying they saw them and what not, still doesn't place DeOrr at the campsite, just with them. If I am missing another way yes please tell me. I just don't see how one can be 100% sure he was actually at the campsite. Again, I am not pointing the finger at the family in anyway, I just don't think there is a way to 100% prove he was there. MOO I sill have no idea what could have happened to this sweet child.

I heard about the upper road that one could see this families campsite from but this family could not see up there from what the father said in the video. Senior. He seemed surprised it was even there. I wondered if this is a campsite they visit often and maybe he thought he knew quite a bit about it.

It doesn't seem unusual for them to take grandpa and his friend camping with them. They lived with him and they were all used to each other in doing so.

Something I thought of this morning. I wonder how many others they know knew they were going to this spot? Had they taken other friends or family with them? Who did the family tell they were going camping and where.

I am not a camper but folks seem to travel to the same spots. Places they are familiar with. Could somebody have told the wrong person?

Another thought I had is that I would believe when you first arrive at camp that would be the most vulnerable with unpacking and getting things set up. Did somebody take advantage of that time?

Just things I ponder as I wait to hear word about the little guy.

I think you might have grandfathers mixed up. The Great grandfather that was on the trip is Mom's grandfather. The grandfather we have heard they lived with is Deorr Sr's father.

BBM - With all due respect, just because you have never seen a mountain lion doesn't mean there aren't plenty of them living in Idaho. Mountain lions are shy and like to hide from people whenever possible. However, they exist in every part of Idaho.
There are an estimated 2000-3000 mountain lions in Idaho. http://police.cityofboise.org/home/news-releases/2012/10/living-with-mountain-lions/ http://mountainlion.org/US/ID/ID_DO...tatus Report - 9th Mountian Lion Workshop.pdf As for mule deer and moose, neither of those pose much of a danger to humans, as they are herbivores. Possibly, they could trample a child if startled, but that's about it (and that would be very unlikely).

Does anyone here read Statement Analysis by Peter Hyatt? He covers this case, specifically the interview. Not sure I am allowed to discuss this here.

Have you asked a Mod? It's very interesting. I suppose a Mod would want to see the second part though before they agree.

I doubt the statement analysis would be permitted here, as it is picking apart the interview with Deorr's parents, and we have been specifically asked to stop any speculation about them for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67