ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a post on the Find DeOrr FB page with two photos that look very similar. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1920840778141378&set=o.384861648387032&type=3&theater In all the others, I think there are significant differences. Upon seeing the photos and being asked if it was him, DK said they didn't know, but they were hoping and praying. If it was his son, I'd think he would say so and be on a plane to California. JMO.

Several family members have posted this morning that the little boy in California is definitely not DeOrr. I wish it had been, so that we could have a happy ending to this bizarre and frustrating story.

Did the ggf tell Vilt that he went inside his camper while he was watching DeOrr? Did ggf tell that to LE? Was ggf aware he was watching DeOrr? Was he watching DeOrr from the time the parents went scouting for a fishing spot through the family trip to the store and as the parents went exploring? I'm assuming these are two separate forays - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Are they now saying DeOrr disappeared when they went to look for a fishing spot that morning? If so, how are we to interpret the stories about going to the store around noon and leaving DeOrr with ggf around nap time (2 ish) to go exploring?

Didn't you notice the article also says the mother saw the man staring at little Deorr at the store in the Morning? So he wasn't left with GGPA in the morning while they went to the store.

I've followed many cases with ummm *interesting* parents, and what makes this case unusual is that in the other cases, you'll see the parents do the media appearences within the first couple of weeks/1st month, and then you never/barely hear from them ever again. They allow the case to fade away. They ride out the media interest in the case. But in this case, the parents don't talk to the media for two months, and now we are seeing the PI releasing all this "information" to the media. So why did they not want attention for two months, but now they do? My guess is they are worried about the FBI report. If it does point to the parents, how much of that will be made public? Will LE say that's where their investigation now is? Could we get some information from it? I think they are hoping they will be able to convince people that the parents are not involved, so if/when the FBI releases their report, if it's detrimental to the parents, there will be people who will still defend them.

I noticed the CA child's hair had been bleached blond also. How odd for a toddler's hair to be bleached.

Two of my kids had hair that would get bleached from the sun in the summer time when they were little - it didn't take much exposure. Then it would get darker in the winter. They were born blond, but now they all have brown hair. I don't think it looks like chemical bleach, but that's just my opinion...

Several family members have posted this morning that the little boy in California is definitely not DeOrr. I wish it had been, so that we could have a happy ending to this bizarre and frustrating story.

We had a case here where a boy who had been abducted and missing for several years, and he was found -- safe and alive (not unharmed) along with another boy who had been more recently kidnapped. It was nothing short of miraculous, and every time I see his face or hear his name in the news, I get a little teary even now. I guess I keep hoping for that kind of storybook ending for this little guy although with each new development, my heart sinks a little lower and I lose a bit more of that faint hope.

Ü
We had a case here where a boy who had been abducted and missing for several years, and he was found -- safe and alive (not unharmed) along with another boy who had been more recently kidnapped. It was nothing short of miraculous, and every time I see his face or hear his name in the news, I get a little teary even now. I guess I keep hoping for that kind of storybook ending for this little guy although with each new development, my heart sinks a little lower and I lose a bit more of that faint hope.

Shawn Hornbeck.

Didn't you notice the article also says the mother saw the man staring at little Deorr at the store in the Morning? So he wasn't left with GGPA in the morning while they went to the store.

I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in the "in the morning" part from the mom. We didn't even hear about the alleged incident until after DeOrr had been missing for over a month. Perhaps her time is off.

What was said to LE, 911 call and the media that is different from each other?

I have not exactly kept up with this case like some posters have, so i'm kinda behind.

I know JM called 911 at 2:30 pm and told the 911 operator that Deorr went missing an hour earlier.

August 18th:
Sheriff Bowerman: “Well, the family, from what I understand, that we learned during the investigation arrived the evening prior to July 10th, sometime, uh, fairly close to dark on Thursday, July 9th, and then, uh, they went to uh…went to town in Leadore and upon returning they supposedly thought they were turning their child over to their uh, grandfather – the child’s great-grandfather. They went down to the creek which is right next to the campground, and within 10 to 15 minutes they go up to find their child to show him some fish in the stream and he’s nowhere to be found. Grandfather assumes he’s gone down to them because he was within their line of sight and uh, wasn’t too far from the campground. Uh, they started their initial search and eventually called 911 when they realized they couldn’t find the child. “
http://bit.ly/1NxhpJr

August 11th:
Vilt: "When [the family] went into town the morning after they arrived, they picked a few groceries up and bought some French fries for DeOrr Jr.,”
"The parents are being very forthright and have nothing to hide.”

http://bit.ly/1Nxhvki

July 13th:
DK:He was over, he was getting ready for a nap, uh say it was almost, by that time it was almost two, and he usually takes his nap, um...we was just, yeah, we decided we were going to go a little exploring, and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire, we weren't more than fifty..
JM: ten minutes
DK: fifty yards away and ten minutes, but for time, we, I, seen him to the point I figured out he was gone and I come back up to the creek and I actually seen, there were some things down by there, some little minnows that I thought he would just love, so when I come back up to get him and I yelled over to grandpa, um, where, you know, where is little DeOrr? He, immediately shock.

http://bit.ly/1NxhzR4

July 10th:
911: How long has he been missing?
JM: About (unintelligible)
911: An hour?
JM: Yeah.

http://bit.ly/1NxhFbp

BBM

I have to say, he looks like DeOrr. But I think there is zero chance of the hotel staff giving this child to a random woman who walked in two hours later to retrieve him. I think LE would have been called and the child would be taken into protective custody while they search for the parents. I would hope that DeOrr's family and the PI, believing that he has been abducted, covered their bases by making sure his accurate description was available to everyone.
Can anyone think of why the FBI would not be aware of this viral pic or following up on it? Wouldn't the family only have to alert LE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe LE returned the child to his mother, not the people who found him at the Motel 6. Also, the NCMEC poster still has the incorrect eye color, so even if LE did a search for a missing child, the California boy would not have matched with DeOrr's description.

http://missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1251277/1/screen

http://www.localnews8.com/news/kunz-family-reenacts-toddlers-disappearance/35281146

This article was originally posted yesterday at 9:57 AM. The last update was yesterday at 10:23 PM. As I witnessed with the article that was posted about the man in Swan Valley, the news station does go in and edit the information periodically to make sure it's correct. For example, in the Swan Valley article I just mentioned, it originally said that the family "hired" the PI and then it was changed to read that they "enlisted the help" of the PI. Someone is checking facts. The article about the reenactment has been up for over 24 hours now and it still says that the parents left DeOrr with his grandfather in the morning. It hasn't been changed. (Also, speaking of edits and changes, the news station also edited the article about the child in California to clarify that the age of the child being 6 was a mistake. My point is that they continue to edit stories if something has been found to be inaccurate).

That being said, if the information in the article was not true, I think someone would have pointed that out by now and would have asked the reporter to make the correction. If Mr. Vilt was quoted incorrectly, wouldn't he want to get it corrected, if for no other reason than for the reputation of his clients? Clearly there have been some edits because the last update was last night.

The timing of when they left DeOrr with grandpa is way off from the 911 call and it has never been reported that GGP went in the camper and left DeOrr unattended. Those are major discrepancies. I don't know what to think.

Ack! Accidental post. Good morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow , there are so many similarities and I cannot find any dissimilarities at all

Look at the tiny details , the eyebrows , the shape of the eye , the color of the eyes, the crease under the eye beside the nose , the lips , the upper lip , the lower lip , the downward creases from the edge of lips separating jaw from cheek ,

They could pass for identical twins. I wish we could see the ear. Ears are always very unique to each individual

<modsnip>

DeOrr's ears protrude more from his head. You can't see the CA boy's right ear, but I think if it was DeOrr, you would be able to see part of it, even from that angle. Also, the CA boy's ears seem to be higher on his head than DeOrr's. There are a lot of similarities otherwise, though. JMO.

Okay... I agree that the story doesn't make sense, and keeps getting stranger and stranger... I'm trying my hardest to give the family the benefit of the doubt even though they are acting strangely/ suspiciously... But where is Deorr??

I keep thinking about how IR perked up and asked the reporter if he's spoken to the grandfather yet. As if he was intentionally acting all vague before that, but he was really curious to know what the grandfather had said about Deorr's disappearance.

I think IR is the key here, one way or another. If the parents were planning on doing something dodgy, why take a stranger along? Was IR in on it too, and if so what was his role? Or did the parents respond foolishly to an accident, and IR saw something and knows more than he is letting on?

I assume this is merely your opinion, yet you have stated it as fact.

Monday Vilt and members of the Kunz family will return to the Leadore area to re-enact Kunz's disappearance. Vilt is hoping this proves Kunz was abducted and that his parents played no role in his disappearance.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/10000-reward-offered-for-leads-in-missing-toddler-case/35229162

Frank Vilt, the private detective who's been looking into the case, said the purpose of the re-enactment was prove his theory that Kunz was abducted.

After Monday's exercise, Vilt said he's more sure than ever that Kunz was abducted and that Kunz's parents had nothing to do with his disappearance as some have suggested.

&#8220;Very small time window of time, but I feel that he was abducted. At least you can't disprove that he wasn't abducted,&#8221; said Vilt.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/kunz-family-reenacts-toddlers-disappearance/35281146

BBM

Monday Vilt and members of the Kunz family will return to the Leadore area to re-enact Kunz's disappearance. Vilt is hoping this proves Kunz was abducted and that his parents played no role in his disappearance.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/10000-reward-offered-for-leads-in-missing-toddler-case/35229162

Frank Vilt, the private detective who's been looking into the case, said the purpose of the re-enactment was prove his theory that Kunz was abducted.

After Monday's exercise, Vilt said he's more sure than ever that Kunz was abducted and that Kunz's parents had nothing to do with his disappearance as some have suggested.

&#8220;Very small time window of time, but I feel that he was abducted. At least you can't disprove that he wasn't abducted,&#8221; said Vilt.

BBM

The irony is that he's so blindly trying to prove the parents have nothing to do with DeOrr's disappearance (prove to whom? they haven't been charged with anything) that he is making them look more suspicious than before he became involved imo.

Exactly! Who is he trying to prove this "abductor theory" to?? The police? The public?

BBM

I think you're having some technical difficulties. The post of mine that you responded to with your post (copied above) is actually in response to a post by eileenhawkeye (which was stated as fact rather than as opinion, IMO) and had nothing to do with what you are posting.

Maybe you should check with the mods to see if they can offer you some assistance.

The irony is that he's so blindly trying to prove the parents have nothing to do with DeOrr's disappearance (prove to whom? they haven't been charged with anything) that he is making them look more suspicious than before he became involved imo.

bbm. Social media, I suppose.

But I can't imagine why. Social media regularly claims that Betty White (or another celebrity) is dead, that every major disaster is a false flag, and that national monuments/historic places are being razed to make room for professional sports venues.

In other words: Just about anything on social media should be taken with a huge grain of salt. I can't imagine why Vilt would be spending his time chasing nonsensical social media rumors.

Did the ggf tell Vilt that he went inside his camper while he was watching DeOrr? Did ggf tell that to LE? Was ggf aware he was watching DeOrr? Was he watching DeOrr from the time the parents went scouting for a fishing spot through the family trip to the store and as the parents went exploring? I'm assuming these are two separate forays - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Are they now saying DeOrr disappeared when they went to look for a fishing spot that morning? If so, how are we to interpret the stories about going to the store around noon and leaving DeOrr with ggf around nap time (2 ish) to go exploring?

If he did go inside the camper, maybe little Deorr was already gone by then, so he thought nothing of going inside his camper. He thought he was with his parents. If so, that could increase the amount of time the baby was gone before they realized he was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member