ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he did go inside the camper, maybe little Deorr was already gone by then, so he thought nothing of going inside his camper. He thought he was with his parents. If so, that could increase the amount of time the baby was gone before they realized he was missing.

You know neesaki, I watched the clip of the re-enactment and I'm not even sure that Vilt said that's what GGPA did. I wish someone who also saw it and listened would chime in. Vilt said a few things and the rest was the reporter. I think maybe the demonstration about stepping inside the camper was not a part of the re-enactment but was just a way to prove if someone (GGPA in this case) took their eyes off a child (not by going inside the camper) even for such a short time that the child could be abducted just that fast.

You know neesaki, I watched the clip of the re-enactment and I'm not even sure that Vilt said that's what GGPA did. I wish someone who also saw it and listened would chime in. Vilt said a few things and the rest was the reporter. I think maybe the demonstration about stepping inside the camper was not a part of the re-enactment but was just a way to prove if someone (GGPA in this case) took their eyes off a child (not by going inside the camper) even for such a short time that the child could be abducted just that fast.

You could be right, I'm getting so confused by all of this I'm going :crosseyed:

(modsnip)

Maybe someone can post a transcript of the clip that was shown when Vilt was speaking to the reporter on Monday the 14th when he and the family were at the campsite. The clip shows everyone sitting at a picnic table and Vilt is talking to the reporter. The re-enactment is not taking place during the clip.

I was left with the same impression from the reporter's words. The demonstration with the girl was "to show how easy it would be to abduct a child from the campground", and not to reenact the exact circumstances, though that probably took place separately. At about 40 seconds, we hear from Vilt: "We've been going through the timeline..."

Also, unless my hearing has suddenly gone bad, the word "morning" is not uttered at all in the video. At about 55 seconds, the reporter states that according to Vilt, "The next DAY...parents went to scout out some fishing locations. They left Deorr with his grandfather." ("Grandfather" is an error on the reporter's part.)

http://m.localnews8.com/news/kunz-family-reenacts-toddlers-disappearance/35281146

I've watched that video several times now and Vilt is recorded as saying very little.
In the video he does not speak of the parents leaving little Deor with ggf in the morning.
The reporter Luke Jones doesn't say it either.
However, in the text accompanying that video it is written that this occurred. I have no idea if this is just really poor reporting on the journalist's part.
Any help?

H

I was left with the same impression from the reporter's words. The demonstration with the girl was "to show how easy it would be to abduct a child from the campground", and not to reenact the exact circumstances, though that probably took place separately. At about 40 seconds, we hear from Vilt: "We've been going through the timeline..."

Also, unless my hearing has suddenly gone bad, the word "morning" is not uttered at all in the video. At about 55 seconds, the reporter states that according to Vilt, "The next DAY...parents went to scout out some fishing locations. They left Deorr with his grandfather." ("Grandfather" is an error on the reporter's part.)

In print, the statement reads:

"Vilt said Kunz's parents left him with his grandfather the morning of his disappearance while they went to scout fishing locations."

http://m.localnews8.com/news/kunz-family-reenacts-toddlers-disappearance/35281146

Thank you Bessie! :):):):). I got tired of having to repeat myself and even when I DID, no one listened, LOL

But it's having the reverse effect. Is it miscalculation or deliberate? JMO
How about the PI is saying if you have nothing to hide let's do what we can. i think this guy isnt as well versed as we are on the slight (or glaring) inconsistencies and is trying to help. It is working... people are talking about this case again online and in the media. JMO

Maybe they kept it quiet because they didn't want the media or the public showing up. The parents stayed well away from the cameras.

Why on earth would the PI announce it at all? Did he want a reporter there?

The irony is that he's so blindly trying to prove the parents have nothing to do with DeOrr's disappearance (prove to whom? they haven't been charged with anything) that he is making them look more suspicious than before he became involved imo.

That has been my observation as well.

with him saying that they were doing this reinactment to prove the parents had nothing to do with Deorr going missing makes it sound like they do have some involvement. (even though they have not been charged with anything)

jmo

The PI doesn't seem like the brightest or most media-savvy person in the world - maybe he just misspoke?
The PI didn't misspeak, and he didn't say "morning". Neither did the reporter.

I just think he is really trying to prove to the public that they were not involved at all period.

jmo

I do wonder what was the point of it all. 2 minutes of video with a reporter's voiceover mainly.
I thought reenactments were to go through the whole event with everyone (or subs) there doing what they were doing at the time.

Is it possible any more video will be made public?
I don't have any faith in this PI at all. Seemed a pointless waste of time. IMO.

There is so much confusion in this case. I am taking a deep breath and going back to watch the video and read the latest articles.

:deepbreaths::deepbreaths:

:lookingitup::lookingitup:

The PI didn't misspeak, and he didn't say "morning". Neither did the reporter.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Bessie! I wonder how far this "mistake" (on the part of posters) will run based on the giant legs it has so quickly grown?!

I do wonder what was the point of it all. 2 minutes of video with a reporter's voiceover mainly.
I thought reenactments were to go through the whole event with everyone (or subs) there doing what they were doing at the time.

I don't have any faith in this PI at all. Seemed a pointless waste of time. IMO.

The best reenactments are virtually animated in my opinion. But I'm sure it costs some money to make.

The clip didn't show the re-enactment. Everyone was seated at the picnic table when the clip was being taped.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Bessie! I wonder how far this "mistake" (on the part of posters) will run based on the giant legs it has so quickly grown?!
One would only hope that the truth would spread as wide and as rapidly.

I've watched that video several times now and Vilt is recorded as saying very little.
In the video he does not speak of the parents leaving little Deor with ggf in the morning.
The reporter Luke Jones doesn't say it either.
However, in the text accompanying that video it is written that this occurred. I have no idea if this is just really poor reporting on the journalist's part.
Any help?

H

So is the assumption that text is wrong and the author made a mistake by specifying morning? I guess it wouldn't be the first time.

So is the assumption that text is wrong and the author made a mistake by specifying morning? I guess it wouldn't be the first time.

For those of us unable to watch video but read the articles, that is very misleading if, in fact, the reporter wasn't told morning by an involved party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine